We're Baaaaack!! **The WLV's groupies & Trivia Thread chapter 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I roll my eyes at my DH for ringing the cowbells EVERY SINGLE TIME HE WALKS BY THEM, he says it's a "guy thing" and I just don't understand.:rolleyes:

Same, here! My husband says they were put there to ring, so he rings them! And.. I'll have to confess that I ring them, too. :goodvibes
Di

Joy, Poppins, PKWallaby, Inkmahm
:welcome:

and if they'll let me in they'll let anybody. :rolleyes1 Owning at VWL is not a requirement. Wilderness Lodge just brings us all together. :lovestruc

Wow this thread has been busy! I LOVE all the great pictures. Hope everybody's new year is off to a great start! Muushka have a wonderful trip! Guess you are there now. :woohoo:

67 days and counting for me. :banana:

Have a great weekend groupies! Here's a happy dancin' moose. Just made me smile. :)

happy-dance-moose-9.gif

I think I need to get up and do it too to work off all the pie I ate at Christmas.

:cheer2: WELCOME Pk Wallaby and Inkmahm:cheer2:

cheer4bison Love the sleigh ride suggestion... I need to remember that for next Dec. I will be calling Monday for Dec. 09 wish me luck and pixie dust :wizard:

My favorite Lodge moment has been early AM sitting down on the dock with a cup of tea... but on our last visit we were returning very late from MVMCP it was past midnight and the main lobby was empty and the Christmas tree was so beautiful it was just magical.... this may become a new favorite.
I just love the overall feel of the Lodge :lovestruc

Oh... just one more thing
I have a fever and the only cure is More Cow Bell

Thanks for the warm welcome! We bought BWV first but soon added on at VWL. I have us to a regular schedule for future years where we will spend every December vacation at VWL. We like it decorated for Christmas, too.

cheer4bison I will be calling Monday for Dec. 09 wish me luck and pixie dust :wizard:
:tink: pixiedust: Let us know!

My favorite Lodge moment has been early AM sitting down on the dock with a cup of tea... but on our last visit we were returning very late from MVMCP it was past midnight and the main lobby was empty and the Christmas tree was so beautiful it was just magical.... this may become a new favorite.
I just love the overall feel of the Lodge :lovestruc
Just gives me a warm fuzzy to read it! :cloud9:

Oh... just one more thing
I have a fever and the only cure is More Cow Bell

:rotfl: :rockband:

cheer4bison,

Are you a Bucknell alumni? We live in Danville...about 20 minutes from the campus. My DD9 already has her heart (and my pocketbook) set on attending Bucknell in 9 short years :)
We go over occasionally for football games and concerts on campus.

You bet your boots I'm a Bucknell grad! Great sleuthing bzzelady! And my DS9 tells me he wants to go to BU also. Maybe your DD and my DS will graduate together in the class of 2022. :thumbsup2 Let's keep our fingers crossed. Good thing we bought DVC, cause if they go to Bucknell, there will be NO MONEY left for vacations that aren't already pre-paid. ;)

Now, for those groupies who said they enjoy the walk from the villas to the lodge via the pool route, this is a photo I took last month around midnight while I was on a little photo safari at our beloved lodge.

DSC02556-1.jpg

Peace and serenity, indeed!

You bet your boots I'm a Bucknell grad! Great sleuthing bzzelady! And my DS9 tells me he wants to go to BU also. Maybe your DD and my DS will graduate together in the class of 2022. :thumbsup2 Let's keep our fingers crossed. Good thing we bought DVC, cause if they go to Bucknell, there will be NO MONEY left for vacations that aren't already pre-paid. ;)

Now, for those groupies who said they enjoy the walk from the villas to the lodge via the pool route, this is a photo I took last month around midnight while I was on a little photo safari at our beloved lodge.

DSC02556-1.jpg

OMG....love this pic!! Ok, I'm a bit confused. Having never stayed there (yet! my first trip is May 31), is this the best route to get to the villas from the main pool?

We have never stayed on the 5th floor, so can anyone give me some feedback on what its like up there. We will be in a 1 bedroom. DW said she thought the balconies were enclosed. Is this true? We typically end up on the 2nd or 3rd floor.

Also, if someone has a floor plan of the 5th, that would be great.

We have never stayed on the 5th floor, so can anyone give me some feedback on what its like up there. We will be in a 1 bedroom. DW said she thought the balconies were enclosed. Is this true? We typically end up on the 2nd or 3rd floor.

I have a floor plan....I can easily email you it if you pm me, or I have to figure out how to get it uploaded thru photobucket...it is a pdf. file

As a mom of 2 college kids right now, I can say amen to that. We are very happy to have a VWL and VB trip through DVC for this year.

DSC02556-1.jpg

Beautiful picture and I can't wait to be there and experience some of that peace and serenity!

OMG....love this pic!! Ok, I'm a bit confused. Having never stayed there (yet! my first trip is May 31), is this the best route to get to the villas from the main pool?

"Best" is a relative term. It's definitely the quickest way to get to the main pool and probably Roaring Fork. But we tend to go through the main lobby....can't get enough lobby!

This aerial view shows how going past the quiet pool around the East wing of WL is the shortest route to the main pool and boat dock to MK.

WLSatellite.jpg

"Best" is a relative term. It's definitely the quickest way to get to the main pool and probably Roaring Fork. But we tend to go through the main lobby....can't get enough lobby!

This aerial view shows how going past the quiet pool around the East wing of WL is the shortest route to the main pool and boat dock to MK.

WLSatellite.jpg
Please excuse my ignorance, are the villas the ones with the brown roofs?:rolleyes1

Jimmy....I don't have a floor plan but I do know that only some of the top floor balconies are enclosed. Here's a couple of pictures that clearly show that many of the balconies are open.

HPIM1264.jpg

HPIM1398.jpg

I think the enclosed balconies are mostly in the middle section near the elevators as indicated on this picture.

VWLClosedBalcony.jpg

Please excuse my ignorance, are the villas the ones with the brown roofs?:rolleyes1

Sorry...should have pointed out that yes, the villas have red roof. WL has green.

Also, the boat dock in the photo is the marina where people rent boats. The boat dock to MK is not visible in the picture but would be right above the middle at the top.:)

Sorry...should have pointed out that yes, the villas have red roof. WL has green.

Also, the boat dock in the photo is the marina where people rent boats. The boat dock to MK is not visible in the picture but would be right above the middle at the top.:)
Thanks Granny!! This really puts things into perspective...yep renting the water mice is on my list! I am loving all of these pics...:worship:

I sent you a PM with my email address. Thanks bunches!!

Granny
Thanks for those shots

Welcome to all the new groupies!! :welcome: There's always room for a few more around the campfire. I'll bring the marshmallows!

So tomorrow is the day for making that Dec. ressie. I think there will be a few of us on the phone tomorrow at 9:00 a.m.! Lots of moose dust to all that we'll get what we want! pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

13 more days till I'm home!!! :woohoo: :yay: :woohoo:

Someone told me about this website now that I own at AKV and there is alot of info. Love seeing all the picture of the Wilderness Lodge/Villas we wanted to buy there but timing was just not right. My kids love this place and hopefully we will be there soon but till then I can get my Disney fixes from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter