We're Baaaaack!! **The WLV's groupies & Trivia Thread chapter 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
:welcome: Yes there is a wealth of information here. It has been very helpful to me. Hope you enjoy this thread. Pull up a chair and stay a while.

Horselover--13 days :banana: I brought the chocolate to go with your marshmallows.

Granny - thanks for the pictures and info. Such a great resource for our first VWL stay.

BWV Dreamin - I'm right there with you trying to figure it all out!

You bet your boots I'm a Bucknell grad! Great sleuthing bzzelady! And my DS9 tells me he wants to go to BU also. Maybe your DD and my DS will graduate together in the class of 2022. :thumbsup2 Let's keep our fingers crossed. Good thing we bought DVC, cause if they go to Bucknell, there will be NO MONEY left for vacations that aren't already pre-paid. ;)

2022...it seems so far off until we will be in true poverty but just think-we will still have 20 more years of vacations at our beloved Lodge :goodvibes

KeepSwimmingDory

Thank you for the welcome and yes I get lost with so many pages of info if I don't earmark them I will never find the thread again.

The geyser in the lobby of the Wilderness lodge appears to run from the hotel to a stream outside and then eventually over a waterfall that empties into the pool. Known as "Roaring Rapids", it is actually 3 separate water systems. The 1st feeds the geyser and empties into Bay Lake, the 2nd begins at the spring and ends at the walkway near the pool's edge, and the third system handles the actual pool water.
WDW trivia calendar 2009

Have a magical day!

Any geyser pictures out there?

The geyser in the lobby of the Wilderness lodge appears to run from the hotel to a stream outside and then eventually over a waterfall that empties into the pool. Known as "Roaring Rapids", it is actually 3 separate water systems. The 1st feeds the geyser and empties into Bay Lake, the 2nd begins at the spring and ends at the walkway near the pool's edge, and the third system handles the actual pool water.
WDW trivia calendar 2009

Have a magical day!

Any geyser pictures out there?

Eliza...thanks for the trivia. I love the spring in the lobby and the appearance that it feeds the pool like a mountain lake. :thumbsup2

Do we have any geyser pictures? How about one with a lovely magical rainbow in it?

Geyserrainbow-2.jpg

Has everyone made their New Year's resolutions?

Okay, let's get back into the workout mode!! Aerobics, anyone? :banana:

HPIM1401.jpg

Has everyone made their New Year's resolutions?

Okay, let's get back into the workout mode!! Aerobics, anyone? :banana:

HPIM1401.jpg
My New Years resolution is to NOT BUY ANYMORE POINTS!!! I have been tempted twice this year, backing out on both. My biggest fear is that after my WVL trip, I may not be able to "just say no!!":laughing:

WOO HOO!!!!! :jumping1:

Called this morning at 9:00 & got right through. I'm booked at VWL in a 1 BR for 12/5-9. Wish it could have been longer, but we don't want to pull the kids out of school for more than 3 days.

Christmas at the Lodge! :santa: Oh yeah, oh yeah! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

So who else will be joining me?

We have never stayed on the 5th floor, so can anyone give me some feedback on what its like up there. We will be in a 1 bedroom. DW said she thought the balconies were enclosed. Is this true? We typically end up on the 2nd or 3rd floor.

Also, if someone has a floor plan of the 5th, that would be great.

Morning Groupies!!!

In response to JimmyTammy's question, we stayed in room 5537 last March and found the fifth floor peaceful and with great views. Since the floor is predominantly dedicated 2BR villas, there is relatively little foot traffic up there. We were on the Bay Lake side and had a fabulous view of the Electrical Water Parade. Our balcony was open, with plenty of space. There are only six dedicated one bedrooms villas up there and two other 1BR villas, but they are in pretty prime locations. Might be worth requesting one. :thumbsup2 The only thing you may want to consider though, is that the atrium is closed on the fifth floor (meaning you can't see down into the beautiful VWL lobby from that floor). That's the only thing I think I missed while staying on the fifth floor.

I so envy you as you plan your next magical getaway! Have fun.

Jill

Called this morning at 9:00 & got right through. I'm booked at VWL in a 1 BR for 12/5-9. Wish it could have been longer, but we don't want to pull the kids out of school for more than 3 days.

:banana: Woohoo! So happy for you horselover! :banana:

Good morning everyone. I haven't been around for a while - kinda hard for me to be here when we are planning a stay somewhere else. We stayed at AKV last June - but will be back home this coming June! :banana:

There is just something incredibly special about the lodge.

Love everyones photos. I have some from our June 07 stay here - http://jenniferd.smugmug.com/gallery/3058597_XjsUJ#168737443_bLTbv

We will be checking in on June 15th this year and planning on doing a live video feed - hoping to get a great view from our room - but as we all know - ANY view from the lodge is better than no view.

Look forward to checking in here often. :goodvibes

Yikes! I have missed so much! I still haven't gotten all caught up on reading all the new pages but I just wanted to post so I would be subscribed to the new thread. Thanks for starting it Eliza and for the link to it! Welcome to all the new groupies!!! Great to have you! I will catch up on the rest of the pages and write more later! I have missed all of you this past week!!!

That would be me!! I put you on the list and I got rid of the Old Man (no Eliza, not your husband, but Granny!). It's all mine now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Inkmahm, wow, you have got some great vacations coming up!!

VWL is as beautiful as ever. The parks are pretty busy, I am surprised at the crowds. The castle was really beautiful, as were the Osborne Lights. I'll check in tomorrow!

Hi Muushka :wave2:

How is our beloved Lodge? I can close my eyes and see the mist rising off the villas pool in my mind :lovestruc

An addition to the "list"

The Barnes clan will be in a 2 bedroom lock off villa at VWL November 22-27th
(this is the backup vacation in case we don't get down as planned in October, plus my DD would only miss one day of school for this one!).
Right now the only members of the clan who will definitely be going are myself, DH, and DD. We could end up with a lot of extra room for Turkey Week or downsizing to a studio at OKW if no one else wants to join us :upsidedow

Howdy y'all!

I'm a new VWL owner, and my first trip home will be in a 1BR from 11/29 - 12/4.

Can't wait!

And a great big WELCOME to you gatordoc. Glad to have you here with us groupies. My first trip is in 17 days. Pull up a chair and stay awhile. Feel free to grab yourself a groupie siggie for your very own. Bet it would look good.:thumbsup2

We will be right there with you!! Nov 28- Dec 11. Cant wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter