We're back from filming the DVC commercial

I just returned from attending the Disney Institute last week to find so many nice comments from you all. Thank you so much! I've watched it a few times now and I'm not feeling as stressed out about it as I was. Apparently I'm my worst critic. We had no idea what they were going to use for footage. The interview part was totally off the cuff. They asked questions and we reacted with no prepared script. My daughter still hasn't gotten over the "almost crying" face (when she talked about her appreciation toward us)... She won't even tell her friends to watch it! Knowing that my daughter is always smiling and very animated, my daughter-in-law told her that she looks like she is heavily medicated! We are still laughing about it! However, she looks good in the park scenes so she isn't totally mortified!

My favorite parts are my grandson kissing Cinderella, my granddaughter pointing to herself (telling us that her horse is going to win)and the end of the show when my other granddaughter is going "nose to nose" with Mickey. Actually, I love all the shots of my grandchildren! My daughter allowed my granddaughter to wear her/my Cinderella watch on her first day of kindergarden. She can only wear it on special occasions. Luckily it came home in one piece...

I googled Disney Storybook Vacations and it showed many links to the times and channels that it will be aired. I'm surprised how many times that it is going to be aired. I hope you all get a chance to see it. You will need to DVR it because it's on very early in the morning.

Again, thank you for your kind words.

My DH recorded it this morning and we sat and watched it this evening. It was wonderful and you have a lovely family. Tell your daughter that I got teary-eyed watching you all talk about the wonderful memories that you have through DVC! Fabulous Job!!:grouphug:

Hi-I saw this for the first time today and someone on the DIS directed me to your thread!

Your segment had me all misty eyed! We, too, enjoy multi-generational trips to WDW (4 generations last time!!) so it was very touching to watch and read about your family's story. The interview with your daughter (in law?) was heartfelt!! She shouldn't be embarrassed!!

Thank you so much for sharing.

(It did convince me to call DVC and get more info, too-something we have been contemplating for a few years!)

Best wishes to you and your lovely family!

Thank you for your kind comments. I'll let my daughter know that she look sincere to you and not "heavily medicated"! I think that Saturday is the last day they are airing the show. It's paid progaming so it is shown very early. Saturday's schedule is as follows:

4:00am Cooking Channel

5:30am WE tv

5:30am Home & Garden Television

5:30am HGTV HD (HGHD)

6:30am The Discovery Channel

6:30am The Discovery Channel HD

7:30am Fox Soccer Channel

1:30pm New England Cable News

Thank you for your kind comments. I'll let my daughter know that she look sincere to you and not "heavily medicated"! I think that Saturday is the last day they are airing the show. It's paid progaming so it is shown very early. Saturday's schedule is as follows:

4:00am Cooking Channel

5:30am WE tv

5:30am Home & Garden Television

5:30am HGTV HD (HGHD)

6:30am The Discovery Channel

6:30am The Discovery Channel HD

7:30am Fox Soccer Channel

1:30pm New England Cable News

I'll have to try again.... I ended up with a Shark vacuum commercial! :mad:

Ok.... I've set my DVR for all those channels and times except for New England News... we don't get that in VA. One of those has bound to be right? ..... I hope.

I still haven't seen it :sad1: I've set up to record sooooo many "paid programming" shows and it's never it.

It worked it worked!!!! I'm watching it now. It was the Fox Soccor Channel on Saturday that was the charm.

And guess what!! I had that same Cinderella watch when I was little too. I wish I still had it. I remember that it came with a stand that had a plastic Cinderella statue standing over it.

It doesn't really look that crowded when you were there. Was it really early in the morning?

What a wonderful segment. You've got a wonderful family and the most beautiful grandchildren. I hope to be taking my grandchildren to Disney someday when I have them. I have one grown daughter who is married to a soldier, a son in college in Florida and an 8 year old daughter. We'll be back for Thanksgiving in a 2 bedroom at Saratoga Springs.

I hope that someday we will be able to buy more points because I imagine we'd need a grand villa too, if we travel with grown children and grandchildren.

I am so glad I finally got to watch it. :hug: Thanks for sharing with us.

I'm glad you finally got to see it. I think it has been pulled from all the stations now. If I find that its back on, I'll re-post the times for those interested. I don't know how to post it on you tube. I could barely figure out how to post the photos on this site!

To answer your questions, - We were filmed in the morning when the park first opened so the crowd grew later in the day. It was May, so it wasn't too crowded.

Apparently it was a popular watch "back in the day". I've seen it for sale on e-bay. It cost me close to $200 to get it refurbished with the antique parts. That's why my daughter will only let her wear it for special occasions.

I'm glad you finally got to see it. I think it has been pulled from all the stations now. If I find that its back on, I'll re-post the times for those interested. I don't know how to post it on you tube. I could barely figure out how to post the photos on this site!

To answer your questions, - We were filmed in the morning when the park first opened so the crowd grew later in the day. It was May, so it wasn't too crowded.

Apparently it was a popular watch "back in the day". I've seen it for sale on e-bay. It cost me close to $200 to get it refurbished with the antique parts. That's why my daughter will only let her wear it for special occasions.

Wow.... but its worth it because you were able to give it to her. My mom was not a saver, and I had to fight to keep so many things. I'm amazed that I still have the Minnie Mouse my parents bought me on our first trip to the Magic kingdom sometime soon after it opened. Her clothes are disintegrated, but my daughter dresses her in small doll clothes. She doesn't have big white mitt hands. That came much later. In fact, she has no fingers at all.

Now I think I want to buy my daughter a special watch for Hanukkah when we're at Disney during Thanksgiving. I figure I'm going to have to send Heidi off with other relatives so that I can shop. Thanksgiving is the 25th and Hanukkah is the 1st of December this year, so I have to carefully plan my shopping and get it done while I"m there. I wish I could buy a wind-up watch. I hate battery watches. I have at least a dozen Minnie and Mickey watches and its hard keeping them all in fresh batteries. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter