Were either of your parents like this when you were in trouble?

Buzz Rules

To Infinity and Beyond
Were either of your parents like this when you were in trouble? I saw these funny clips on YouTube and thought it would be great for a thread.

Who was more lenient when it came to grounding you and which parent overrated more in your family? If you have kids, which parent are you more like? Have fun with the thread. 😁

My Mom was the disciplinarian in my house. My Dad grew up in an abusive home-his father was a violent drunk who beat my grandmother and the children (I realize this is not lighthearted stuff). He was never the one who yelled at us or punished. He hated doing that. That was my mother. For really egregious stuff, we were grounded. I loved my bedroom and would spend hours in there, so my grounding consisted of only being allowed into my room to get dressed and to sleep. I was made to *sit in the living room with the family* can you imagine???:scared1:

For the more mundane infractions, we got extra chores. My sister and I did the dinner dishes every night, so one punishment I remember was a week of having to wash and dry the dishes myself and straighten the kitchen. Another time she took away my Cyndi Lauper album after she heard 'She Bop' drifting out of my room and realized the song wasn't about dancing.:blush:

My parents believed in spanking, no discussion was involved. My personality is such that I really didn't normally push anything with my parents. I can only remember being spanked once. Probably happened other times, but not often. I just didn't do things very often that required discipline.

Neither of my parents disciplined me. My mother worked hard and was just to tired to discipline. I was an only child and Daddy's little girl, so I could do no wrong in his eyes. By the grace of God, I turned out OK. I do believe that discipline is an act of love.

I'm actually surprised that the thread hasn't had more responses yet. Thanks to everyone who has responded so far.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter