What’s on your menu for the 4th of july!?

Funball

DIS Veteran
what will you be serving this 4th of july?! :wizard: :banana:

Here is what I am planning..(not that I am planning on making it all)

Lobster tails

Stuffed jalapeño and cheese burgers

Corn on the cob w/cayenne pepper sprinkled on it(family recipe)

Pasta salad

Hot dogs, the cheese stuffed ones! (mmmm!)

:dance3:

mmmmm lobster tails, what time should we be there? LOL :)

I'm not sure, originally I thought it would just be DBF, me and the girls but he came home last night and his parents invited us over so if we go there it's whatever they will have. If we stay home I've got a tri-tip we will cook up. :)

Hmmm let's see.. At our house I am the chef and we will have so far:

Carne Asada
Beans (maybe rice)
BBQ Hot Links and dogs
Fresh Salsa and Guacamole but the chips are from our local mexican restaraunt.

Fruit
Potato salad

Plenty of margaritas and beer...

oh yeah i forgot to add a case of pacifico! lol go wendy! yep i am the chef also in my woods! i am the only one that can do lobster tails on the grill

My DH has BBQ-ADD. He has very good intentions to go out there and grill, but then he gets sidetracked out in the yard and all of a sudden flames are shooting out from the vent holes in the bbq lid!! He actually has caught a bbq on fire before - not pretty!!

I feel as an effort to promote public safety and prevent forest fires, I should be the official "bbq-er" in the house..

We finally have our patio furniture up and ready.. I will be taking the kids to the pool on saturday (gotta get my tan on) and then on Sunday it's relaxing and eating!

well, i just found out there is no need for me to cook at all....

funball is grilling my favorite....lobster tails...and i know where she lives....

presto :wizard: no cooking for shelly!! :banana:

well, i just found out there is no need for me to cook at all....

funball is grilling my favorite....lobster tails...and i know where she lives....

presto :wizard: no cooking for shelly!! :banana:

oooooohhhhh :rotfl2: wrong house dear.. i'll be at my other house! lol.. lol :rotfl2::rotfl2: thank god you don't know where that is!! lol :lmao:

What's more American than hot dogs and hamburgers on the grill, chips with dip and salsa, potato salad, and soda? Plus kids in the pool!

When the kids outnumber the grownups (7 to 4 at this BBQ), they get to help pick the menu.:rolleyes:

We love grilled food, but this time of year we don't even have to pre-heat the grill. DH just looooves grilling when it's 110 out!

PHXscuba

My DH has BBQ-ADD. He has very good intentions to go out there and grill, but then he gets sidetracked out in the yard and all of a sudden flames are shooting out from the vent holes in the bbq lid!! He actually has caught a bbq on fire before - not pretty!!

I feel as an effort to promote public safety and prevent forest fires, I should be the official "bbq-er" in the house..

We finally have our patio furniture up and ready.. I will be taking the kids to the pool on saturday (gotta get my tan on) and then on Sunday it's relaxing and eating!

that's like at my house, expect my dad and my mom argue over how long to grill a salmon fillet on each side.. yeah i on the other hand am smart and go to foodnetwork.com and get my answer.. ..sometimes i feel like i need to just grab the flipper from him and do it myself! :banana:

thats ok, funball.....dont worry about us....really, no, its ok.....you enjoy your lobster.....you deserve it! no, its really ok!....were used to it....if i close my eyes while i take a bite and pretend its lobster......well, nevermind, its ok really!

rflo...u have to know that i am literally got tears in my eyes and laughing and can't control the "snort" laughter either..( a bottle of champange will do that to you)...lol

as soon as i get a chance i will post a photo of my lobster..it was VERY good!

Ohhh I had some champagne last night too...along with some wine and I discovered that a bowl of popcorn isn't enough "dinner" to drink with 2 shared bottles of wine and champagne.....LOL

I did find out that the only thing that's on the menu for sure for tomorrow is BBQ'd oysters......LOL So I have to figure out to take. I think I'll make a broccoli salad that I do and maybe something else but I don't know what just yet. I found a recipe for a potato salad with fennel and proscuitto so I might get some proscuitto and make that.......

i have a really yummy "frozen lemonade pie" recipe if anyone wants it....people go crazy for it...and couldnt be easier....3 ingredients + the crust!

frozen lemonade pie? is this a joke shelly? lol ok whats the recipe..

mm i like the brocoli salad idea that sounds great.. also maybe some blue cheese bread..i have a recipe i made up but my whole family loves it i make it like every week for them! but ur potato salad sounds good too.. do the brocolli! thats different

shelly if u are reading this i just wrote u on ur cell!

pixie wings..popcorn is not suitable for any dinner excuse... hey nothing wrong with having some bubble and them some wine..lol

2086xys.jpg
my lobster!!!!!! an oh yeah some cheese filled hot dogs

frozen lemonade pie? is this a joke shelly? lol ok whats the recipe..

no joke....yummy!!

1 graham cracker crust
6oz can frozen lemonade concentate (do not thaw)
1 small can sweetened condensed milk
1 8oz cool whip (from freezer section)

mix 3 ingrediants together until smooth, pour into crust and freeze! so simple and soooooo good!

shelly if u are reading this i just wrote u on ur cell!

yes....got it...but phone went dead.....talk soon though!

2086xys.jpg
my lobster!!!!!! an oh yeah some cheese filled hot dogs

show off!.....btw, my lunchable was really good too!:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter