What’s for dinner?

Decided it was time for pizza last night. To keep up with the clean out the fridge thunk. I scrounged around the interior and found the following: thin sliced sopresseta, roasted peppers and garlic; mushrooms and put it on top the plain pizza and reheated. OK so I sprinkled a little Parmesan on when DGD wasn’t looking. Oops.
Made a green salad, turned on “Sense and Sensibility”, and we munched away.

The fridge is getting close to empty but still not there. Need to put my thinking cap on for the remaining dribs and drabs. Maybe a main course salad is the answer.

I buy whole chickens and cut them up intead of buying parts, and one thing I do is keep a bag of wings filling up in the freezer. Well, we have a giant bag of wings now, so we had wings tonight and will again tomorrow. Tonight was Buffalo wings, and they were the bomb. That is really a dish to make at home instead of a restaurant--so much better piping hot, always double fried, and not over sauced. Tomorrow I'm making Korean wings, and then we'll be out of wings for 6 months until I fill a bag again.

DGD went to visit the other side of her family for the week. Leaves me to finish the fridge clean out and not have to hear “______, again?” . She’s soooo American on that level, LOL.
Last night finished off the pizza and added a fried egg and watercress to it.

Felt like breakfast for dinner tonight so made some curdled eggs (sort of like scrambled) and added soft tofu, roasted asparagus and red peppers. Had whole wheat toast with quince preserves and tea with it.

Going to keep to fridge leftovers until it’s gone but I did add some frozen lamb chops to defrost and eat at my leisure later in the week; DGD dislikes lamb so this is my moment.

Roasted a couple of boneless Turkey breasts, as well as a pan of butternut squash. Sautéed up some mushrooms, red onions and green beans with some olive oil, spices and balsamic vinegar in my cast iron. Was pretty delish for a Sunday evening at home.

We’ve been doing a weekly Disney themed meal lately and tonight was tangled. We had hazelnut soup, a long braided bread to resemble her hair, corn “towers” (really just corn on cobs standing in their ends lol) long noodles in a cheese sauce (to make them yellow like rapunzels hair) and chicken cooked and served in a cast iron skillet like from the movie. For dessert I made the cutest cupcake towers. I was so proud of myself, they turned out adorable! 7F9DCE1F-8232-4941-B7D1-449952A46872.jpeg

Tonight was tofu marsala (red wine-mushroom-shallot sauce) with roasted broccoli and potatoes.

And last night was a Mexican lasagna, using tortillas instead of lasagna noodles. The other layers were homemade enchilada sauce instead of tomato sauce, and a black bean/sautéed veggie/spice mix instead of meat or cheese. This was amazing, largely because the enchilada sauce came out really well. So much flavor. This one came from a cookbook rather than a meal kit.

Chicken and broccoli alfredo over fettuccine and some sad, limp leftover salad ( :o yes, I said it - leftover) that I'm not even sure who put in the fridge. I had intended to do Caesar salad because I was positive I had a head of romaine but it turns out I didn't.

Husband grilled on Sunday, a bunch of dogs, brats, burgers. I made a double batch of pasta salad, and then grilled up some asparagus and portabellos for me (vegetarian). So, we had that Sunday AND Monday. Tonight is baseball, so I threw chicken and salsa into the crockpot and they will have that on low carb wraps, with lettuce/tomato/avocado. I will have black beans and the rest.

Looked out the window this morning and realized that the farmers market is finally back. Finished washing out the fridge interior and going out to see what I can see.

The chicken noodle casserole recipe I use is enough for 2) 8x8 baking dishes. I bake one & freeze most of the contents for another. I normally don't make the second one so soon after the first, but I'm trying to empty the freezer. We'll be having sauteed spinach, creamed corn & mashed potatoes with it.

Unfortunately the farmers’market was a bust. Only two produce vendors out there and the goods looked pretty pedestrian 🙁. It’s only me so just grabbed some spinach broth and frozen corn out of the freezer, used up the last of the soft tofu and I was happy enough.

Trying to decide if I’ll go up to Stew Leonard’s today. The new flyer looks a lot like last week’s: overpriced for what’s being offered. On the other hand, I’d like to cook and freeze some base veggies and meat before it gets too hot. Certainly time to make some cold soups.
Decisions, decisions.
We’ve been doing a weekly Disney themed meal lately and tonight was tangled. We had hazelnut soup, a long braided bread to resemble her hair, corn “towers” (really just corn on cobs standing in their ends lol) long noodles in a cheese sauce (to make them yellow like rapunzels hair) and chicken cooked and served in a cast iron skillet like from the movie. For dessert I made the cutest cupcake towers. I was so proud of myself, they turned out adorable! View attachment 580415

Oh yum! Got recipe?

Unfortunately the farmers’market was a bust. Only two produce vendors out there and the goods looked pretty pedestrian 🙁. It’s only me so just grabbed some spinach broth and frozen corn out of the freezer, used up the last of the soft tofu and I was happy enough.

Trying to decide if I’ll go up to Stew Leonard’s today. The new flyer looks a lot like last week’s: overpriced for what’s being offered. On the other hand, I’d like to cook and freeze some base veggies and meat before it gets too hot. Certainly time to make some cold soups.
Decisions, decisions.

Oh yum! Got recipe?
https://www.perrysplate.com/2012/01/hazelnut-parsnip-soup-rapunzels-favorite.htmlThis is the recipe I used. Turned out kind of like a potato soup. I

Last night was Taco Tuesday. Sauteed up some ground turkey with my homemade taco seasoning. Made guacamole, salsa and a green salad from my garden. Bought some fresh tortilla chips from our Mexican place down the hill. Yum!

Tonight....hmmmmm....feeling maybe some grilled veggies on the Traegar. Hubby always needs a protein, so gotta figure that out.

2 of my peeps have plans on Wednesday nights, so the other 2 of us always have "easy dinner" and watch whatever Gordon Ramsey show is on...either network or Hulu 😁

I'll have leftover black beans with salad. He'll have leftover salsa chicken as a quesadilla.

The other 2 fend for themselves either before or after their stuff

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter