What’s for dinner?

It's National Fried Chicken Day, so we're having Taiwanese Popcorn chicken (basically Chinese salt and pepper chicken nuggets with fried Thai Basil)

Not dinner, but for lunch I made individual eggplant parmesans using the first eggplant from our garden. It was so cute! It's a mini-eggplant, about half the size of a regular Italian style eggplant, and it was the perfect amount for 2 for lunch. The basil was from the garden, too.
I also picked shishito peppers and banana peppers today. So nice to have more than zucchini coming out now. :D

Steak Diane, key lime cheesecake, iced coffee from The Cheesecake Factory. Totally kicking myself out of ketosis. Totally worth it.

BBQ'd salmon and a salad. Salad was pretty delish. Garden fresh arugula, spinach, and cucumbers. Threw in some feta cheese and apples. YUM.

We've had a little reprieve from the heatwave these past two days** - it's still hotter than normal but not searing. I've turned on the oven for the first time in almost a month and I'm braising some beef in red wine. I'll make some lovely creamed mashed potatoes to go with it and stir up a cool cucumber and tomato salad. :cloud9: Can't wait - it seems like forever since we've eaten a full, hot meal here at home.

:(**Unfortunately, it's cooler because our area is heavy with smoke from forest fires to the west in BC. It's so dense it's blocking the hottest rays of the sun, which looks like a eerie red ball. Godspeed the thousands of fire-fighters that have been deployed and a hard, heavy rain that is so badly needed.

Santa Fe Chicken (rip-off of a dish that used to be on Tony Roma's menu back in the day), seasoned rice and coleslaw. I had an ice cream drumstick as an appetizer. :teeth:

:sunny: It's a lovely (not too hot and only moderately smoky) evening with a real picnic vibe. We had hotdogs, potato salad and watermelon, even though we didn't eat them outside.

We didn’t really feel like cooking tonight, so breakfast for dinner! Eggs and bacon, DH had a bagel and I had some danish

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter