What’s your biggest regret ?

Not having a mentor or a decent guidance counselor in high school.
The only path was get married, have a mediocre job and have children.
Don't get me wrong, I love my children-but no one told me to get out there and find what makes you happy.

I got early acceptance at the state flagship school. It's also were my parents and grandparents, aunts and uncles all went. I didn't try to get into a more prestigious school and I feel like it kept me back professionally (although I've still had some success). I wish I had at least tried. My ACT was pretty out of the park, and I had a great GPA, so I think I could have done it, but I'll never know.

Also, I mentioned in another thread, there was a period when my current DH and I were both in the same city and single at the same time about decade ago. I wish I had met him then! We were both online dating too, but were using different sites. At least Tinder brought us together at last:)

I got early acceptance at the state flagship school. It's also were my parents and grandparents, aunts and uncles all went. I didn't try to get into a more prestigious school and I feel like it kept me back professionally (although I've still had some success). I wish I had at least tried. My ACT was pretty out of the park, and I had a great GPA, so I think I could have done it, but I'll never know.

Also, I mentioned in another thread, there was a period when my current DH and I were both in the same city and single at the same time about decade ago. I wish I had met him then! We were both online dating too, but were using different sites. At least Tinder brought us together at last:)
You weren't ready to meet him.Timing is all.

My biggest regret is not having a better relationship with my sister during our teen years. We were very opposite of each other and didn't along much of the time. As we got older that started to change; but she died at age 29. I feel like we lost a lot of time being mad at each other over stupid things.

Lowkey, you asked on another thread if we would relive our life.......this thread title is kind of the same question at least for me. Yeah I probably could find a few "reqrets" along the way in my life ( :rolleyes1 )but I would never change them as it could change the course that my life took. I view regrets as possible mistakes....well I learned from my mistakes along the way.

“Regrets, I've had a few
But then again, too few to mention”

I have some “what if’s”, but don’t really think of any of them as big regrets in my life. They are more curiosities, as to how things might have been different with a different choice.

I wish I would have taken college seriously my first time around instead of now, in my 30’s.

I wish I wouldnt have over-tweezed my eyebrows for years :rotfl:

My biggest is that I wish I had treated my dad better. He was a saint and I was a demon. He never held it against me but now that I have my own “fun” pre-teens, I know how hurtful it probably was for him.

I regret being such a goodie goodie in high school. I was in a lot of clubs and stuff but quiet, didn’t date or go out. Then when I was diagnosed with cancer and had a hysterectomy at age 21 I shut myself away farther feeling that no man would want me because I couldn’t have kids. I totally surrounded my self with only my family and gained a lot of weight making myself more unattractive. Now I am 60, in poor health and never married. I probably should have had some counseling along the way. I am still very close with my siblings, nieces and nephews. I was a teacher so I have had many children in my life just not mine.

None. I've been lucky I guess in my choices.
Although, since you used the word Biggest........looking back, some of the SMALLEST (at the time) decisions had the biggest impact on my life.

Ever starting to smoke
I regret being such a goodie goodie in high school. I was in a lot of clubs and stuff but quiet, didn’t date or go out. Then when I was diagnosed with cancer and had a hysterectomy at age 21 I shut myself away farther feeling that no man would want me because I couldn’t have kids. I totally surrounded my self with only my family and gained a lot of weight making myself more unattractive. Now I am 60, in poor health and never married. I probably should have had some counseling along the way. I am still very close with my siblings, nieces and nephews. I was a teacher so I have had many children in my life just not mine.
What a sad story.I'm sorry life is like this for you.Hugs.....

Ever starting to smoke

What a sad story.I'm sorry life is like this for you.Hugs.....
Thank you but I ‘m lonely but okay. I loved teaching first grade and was always surrounded by nieces, nephews and great nieces and nephews. I was the oldest of 8 so lots to spoil! I am lucky that my siblings and I are very close.

Not joining the military when I had the opportunity. I was interested when I was in high school and then I let myself get talked out of it. Then life got in the way. When I started looking into it again, I was too old! My regret is twofold: That I missed the opportunity to serve my country and that I did so because I basically chickened out.

Not having my Dad walk me down the aisle. It was a very, VERY small wedding. We didn't even have music. That's not his kind of thing, not my kind of thing so I told him he didn't have to if he didn't want to. Now that he is gone, I often wonder if it bothered him or if he was appreciative. I never thought to ask before.
If this helps: In my culture, the bride and groom walk down the aisle together. The parents exchange greetings with the young couple at the beginning of the ceremony at the entrance to the church, but the walk down to the altar is together as a couple. I think if maybe you and your dad had a hug or a moment before the ceremony, that maybe was sufficient.

60 is the new 40, start having fun, you can do it, just jump in

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter