• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What are the Covid vaccine eligibility in your city/county

Weedy

DIS Veteran
Orange Country Florida:
65 and older, any adult with pre existing conditions,
any Orange County School employees,
Fire, Police and medical personnel.
Vaccines are available at
Orange County Convention Center (run by the County) 3000 people per day.
Publix, Walmart and CVS
FEMA has a site at Valencia College and is vaccinating 3000 people a day.
FEMA has two satellite sites that will move to underserved areas giving 500 vaccines a day.
Starting Monday 3/15 the age restriction drops to 60.
Please tell us where you live😊

Last edited:
We are in Virginia, second phase (after essential workers), and the list of eligibility is VERY broad including any degree of being overweight, high bp, smokers, and then a variety of medical conditions a huge amount of occupations including higher education faculty so it’s not surprising that “it’s taking so long to get through phase 2” because it includes probably a majority of people in the state.
We have a lot of places going for site designation because then all
Your employees/students (if a college) get moved up amd get vaccinated first. The vaccines are also being administered by CVS and other major chains including grocery stores.

We are in Virginia, second phase (after essential workers), and the list of eligibility is VERY broad including any degree of being overweight, high bp, smokers, and then a variety of medical conditions a huge amount of occupations including higher education faculty so it’s not surprising that “it’s taking so long to get through phase 2” because it includes probably a majority of people in the state.

Yes, Virginia for me too! We are still in 1B though, correct. I couldn't meet ANY of the bazillion factors in 1B so I'm patiently waiting for Phase 2 which is apparently going to be under 65 and nothing wrong with you. Overall though, Virginia is doing remarkably well with vaccination. Just yesterday we had moved up to #7 out of 50 states. People are still complaining here,, though, about how terrible Virginia is doing.

Wisconsin
1B - 65 and older
Front line personnel, fire, police, correctional officers
Teachers and staff k-12 and higher Ed with direct contact
Utility and infrastructure employees
Public transit and food supply chain workers
Congregate living staff and residents

I'm in British Columbia, we are just moving into Phase 2 this week.

This was Phase 1:

Phase 1
Timeline:
December 2020 to February 2021

• Residents and staff of long-term care facilities
  • Individuals assessed for and awaiting long-term care
  • Residents and staff of assisted living residences
  • Essential visitors to long-term care facilities and assisted living residences
  • Hospital health care workers who may provide care for COVID-19 patients in settings like Intensive Care Units, emergency departments, paramedics, medical units and surgical units
  • Remote and isolated Indigenous communities
So starting this week, if you live in the community and are 90 or older you can call starting today for vaccinations starting next Monday. Then it goes by 5 year increments (so 85+ can call next Monday for vaccines starting the week of March 22 etc). Also included in this second phase are indigenous peoples 65 or older, regardless of whether they are living in remote communities (which should have been done in phase 1) or not.

Orange Country Florida:
any Orange County School employees.
Orange County Convention Center (run by the County)
Publix, Walmart and CVS
Miami-Dade County, Florida
  • 65 and older, going to 60+ next week
  • Adults with certain pretty-restrictive medical conditions, and Dr. verification of those conditions
  • Any K-12 school employees at CVS only
  • School employees, sworn police officers, or firefighters over 50 at other locations
  • Nicklaus Children's Hospital is vaccinating teens and younger with some very specific medical needs
All healthcare providers with direct patient contact and long-term care residents and staff who want to be vaccinated have been vaccinated. Many public safety employees, especially fire rescue and corrections personnel, were also vaccinated in the initial wave.

FEMA sites just opened March 3. FEMA has a site at Miami Dade College North (where the county has had a site for several weeks). FEMA also opened two small "satellite hubs," but they only have 500 doses per day.

The State of Florida has two very large sites at Hard Rock Stadium (Dolphins stadium) and Marlins Park (MLB).

The County has sites at Miami Dade College North, Tropical Park, and Zoo Miami.

The southern part of our county has not been well-served. I was hoping the State would open up a big site at Homestead Speedway, but nothing yet. The only "deep south" site is the messed-up FEMA hub with 500 doses per day in Florida City, and that part of the county is heavily populated.

Last edited:

Orange Country Florida:
any Orange County School employees,
Fire, Police and medical personnel.
Orange County Convention Center (run by the County) 3000 people per day.
Publix, Walmart and CVS

Clay County FL

K-12 employees and Law enforcement/Firefighters 50+
Long term care facility residents and staff
65 +
Health care personnel with direct patient contact
Medically vulnerable (i.e. my DH)

ID required; Employee badge/Work ID required; Medical form required for vulnerable
No walk ins
Moderna/Pfizer depending on site.

One site in Green Cove Springs (UF/IFAS Extension Godbold Building), M-F 8:30-4:30

65+/Frontline health care can vaccinate at:
Publix, Walmart, Sam's Club, Winn Dixie

Duval Cty (right up the road)

FEMA site: Gateway Town Center Mall, 7 days a week (available to all FL residents, regardless of county)

Other sites:
Regency Square Mall
Edward Waters College (walkups ok)
Publix, Harvey's, Winn Dixie, Sam's Club, CVS, Walmart

Same groups as in my other post.

In my Kentucky city it's age 60+, long-term care residents/staff, first responders, health care workers and K-12 educators.

Others in my group are eligible in other parts of the state, so I went about 90 minutes away and got my first vaccine last Saturday.

They're all over the place, depending on whether it's a federal, state, county, medical provider, or pharmacy giving them

Sort of, basically, 65+, long term residents, health care workers. But some are also including teachers, food workers, 16+ with health problems, and/or anyone else able to convince the place they should be vaccinated.

California

Sacramento County:
  • Persons 65 years old or older AND a resident of Sacramento County
  • Education or childcare workers who live or work in Sacramento County
  • Healthcare workers who live or work in Sacramento County
  • Food service workers who live or work in Sacramento County
  • Agricultural, farm or ranch workers who live or work in Sacramento County
  • Emergency Services personnel who live or work in Sacramento County
  • Caregivers (licensed) who live or work in Sacramento County
Please bring verification that meet one of the eligible categories with you to your appointment.

PROBLEM IS, THEY HAVE HAD TO CANCEL APPOINTMENTS BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE ENOUGH VACCINE FOR THE PEOPLE IN THIS GROUP.

MAINE
Long term-care/residential/nursing home residents and staff, first responders, medical personnel are already vaccinated.
March- age 60+ are eligible
April- age 50+ are eligible
May- age 40+ are eligible
June- age 30+ are eligible
July- all others, including children if a vaccine is approved by then, are eligible

UPDATE: As of 3/27, everyone 50 and older is eligible. As of 4/19, everyone 16 and older is eligible. I don't know if Maine has a lot of vaccine or a lot of people who refuse to get vaccinated, but this is a greatly accelerated timeline.

Last edited:
We live in Nova Scotia and we are extremely far behind.
Health care workers and nursing home residents are done or being done.
People 80 and up -- they began vaccinating last week.

They are only going to be giving the vaccine out by age group here -- no chronic illness or occupation will get you in faster, and I think that is a mistake. The next age group 75-79 wont be starting until April. However, they did just get a batch of 13k near-dated Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine in and anyone 50-64 can get those in the next 2 weeks. I work from home so I gave it a pass because I know there are others who need it more than I do. Vaccines are only being given at 8 clinics/arenas across the province, half of which havent opened yet.

There are a million people in my province, and they think it will take until September to vaccinate 75 percent of the population. At this rate, I would say they wont meet that target.

Over 50, Healthcare workers, First Responders, a Certain Health Conditions

Connecticut expanded to everyone 55 or older as well as teachers of all ages on March 1. My daughter’s school held a big vaccination clinic in the gym for the teachers. Ages 45 and older start on March 22, then 35 and older on April 12.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter