What are your all-time top favorite Disney resorts?

1A is Animal Kingdom Lodge
1B is Grand Californian
3 is Beach Club

When we're staying at AKL, it's our favorite. But when we're staying at GC, THAT is our favorite! We love all 3 of these!

1 - Disneyland Hotel - I grew up staying here and I still love it. It's just pure nostalgia, and I do love the light up musical headboards.

2 - CSR - I honestly think it's such a solid mod resort and you can get some great pricing. I always end up going back. For the amount of times I usually go to WDW , I have a hard time justifying a deluxe because I can afford to vacation somewhere else in the world with the savings.

3 - The Grand Californian - It's beautiful. I do love it, but I only stay here when my whole family goes to DL around Christmas every few years because it is rather pricey.

I've always wanted to stay at AKL, but it's hard to justify the pricing for me when I enjoy CSR so much! I will probably stay there next year though through DVC. :)

So here's my list-
#1- Boardwalk - best location IMO, the Monorail resorts are great and unique but the ability to walk/boat/skyliner and bus can't be beat and the boardwalk area is wonderful
#2- POR- Fave moderate by a landslide for us. We've stayed in the different room types and love the resort of the peaceful, serene landscape and theming
#3-POP- fave value for the skyliner and it's the first WDW resort our kids stayed at years ago so it's got nostalgia vibes for me.

Honorable mention- CSR- GDT has upped it's level for me and the three bridges lounge helps too.

I wish I had the love for AKL as the rest of you. It’s just too darn far away. I wanted to love it.

Hand down WL.
You need to give it a chance! It's really not that far away! If you stay at WL and go to EP and HS, the bus ride to both parks are the same distances as from AKL. The trip from AKL to MK is the longest, but the trip from WL to AK is long, too. It really is a matter of where you spend most of your time. But AKL is not that far removed from other resorts!! BTW - WL also a beautiful place!

Yacht Club is my favorite. In addition to the laid back vibe, I like being walking distance to two parks and several other resorts. Ale & Compass is one of my favorite breakfasts. I have also had some awesome views when I have stayed there. Unfortunately, as a solo traveler I am unable to justify the cost of staying there.

AKL is my number two. I lose track of time watching the animals. I love the lobby; so relaxing. Boma is one of my favorite WDW restaurants, especially at breakfast. This resort transports me to a different world like no other WDW resort.

CSR Gran Destino Tower is my current number three. Other than having no balcony, it feels like a deluxe resort.

1. VGF- we own DVC here, but even if we didn’t we just love the GF. The lobby, the grounds and over all beauty of it.
2. BC- the location can’t be beat and dining options are numerous and the sky liner is a quick walk and Epcot is my favorite park!
3. BLT- our first DVC. CR holds many memories for us. It’s where we stayed many times when our kids were little. Iconic Disney!!

For me it's Aulani and the Grand. There are many in the following tier (and a few runaways at the bottom of the heap), but those two are my top two without having to think. Honorable mention to Disney's Vero Beach Resort (for the laid back vibe) and the Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel (for it's excellent Club Level setup).

Beach Club. It was my dream resort and once I stayed there it quickly became my favorite. It's so pricey now. We will only stay now if we rent points.

Value : All-Star Music family suite

Moderate: FW Cabin

Deluxe: WL

DVC: VGF 2 bd room villa, BLT 2 bd Villa and SSR Treehouse
I am looking at the All Star Music family suite for the end of next February--any idea what the cost might be? Thanks!

I am looking at the All Star Music family suite for the end of next February--any idea what the cost might be? Thanks!
The 2023 rates are not out yet. This year for late Feb. the prices started at about 450 a night. Pricey but still a cheaper price point than AoA or a dvc villa.

The 2023 rates are not out yet. This year for late Feb. the prices started at about 450 a night. Pricey but still a cheaper price point than AoA or a dvc villa.
We could rent a DVC studio for cheaper, but thank you for the info. 450 is a lot!

Beach Club. It was my dream resort and once I stayed there it quickly became my favorite. It's so pricey now. We will only stay now if we rent points.
How I feel about the Contemporary. My first resort I stayed at and want to go back but the rates are ridiculous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter