What are your "must-do" table services (not buffet or AYCTE)

Non character/buffet must do places for us:

MK: BOG (lunch is our favorite), Skipper's Canteen (great food)
Epcot: Coral Reef for the kids, La Cantina de San Angel for Mexican, Nine Dragons has great Chinese, we also like Rose & Crown
AK: Rainforest Cafe (we don't have one near us so this is a "Disney" thing for us), Yak & Yeti is another good choice
HS: Our favorites are 50's and Sci Fi. 50's we enjoy more for the food/antics but the atmosphere at Sci Fi can't be beat
Resorts: Hoop Dee Doo at Wilderness Campground is a family favorite always, a must do Disney experience IMO. It's also fun to do a monorail night and check out one of the TS options at either GF, Poly or Contemporary. The Wave is on our list next. Cali Grill dinner and fireworks is another must do Disney experience at least once.

We try to always go to Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch and Turf Club for dinner. We enjoy House of Blues and the Boathouse. Boatwright's if we're in Disney for a week or staying at POR. We like Trattoria Al Forno at the Boardwalk. I love Sci Fi for the unique and quiet atmosphere. I have Homecoming & Raglan Road on the list for our next Disney trip.

We have 5 kids, of all ages. We do ALOT of character meals so we can skip some of the M&G lines, but our non character faves are
DHS: we can ever pick between 50s and
SciFi so we always do both, best themed places on property imo
Epcot: via Napoli and le cellier
MK: BoG for the atmosphere
AK: we always do TH here but it’s a character meal and a buffet
Resorts: Ohana, trails end (again, a buffet but it’s relatively cheap and good food, plus gives us an excuse to get over to FW and we do the campfire after) Olivias

Yeah, seems like most of our favorite places are buffets! Good thing we do a ton of walking!

DH and I love several of the buffets too, but we pay OOP and the kids eat very little. And now our oldest is a Disney adult so regular table service ends up being considerably cheaper!

Restaurant Marrakesh is s favorite for us. My husband and I love the Moroccan food but the kids' meals offer some more typical fare for our pickier eaters. Plus the belly dancing is entertaining and the kids can learn how to dance.

Another vote for 50s Primetime, my kids have always loved it and we went there for the first time with the grandkids last year and they loved it too.

Animal kingdom - Yak andYeti - grandchildren (11,13) love the food
Polynesian - Kona Cafe
Boardwalk - ESPN Club - if you are okay with the noise of many tv blaring, but good fod
Yacht Club- Ale and Compass - more for adults
Hollywood Studios - Mame Melrose - for Italian
Epcot - Japan - Tappen Yaki - for the show and the food
Epcot -China - food has really improved, quite good

The one that is always on our must do list is Teppan Edo. I’m also a fan of Mama Melrose’s... I know it gets mixed reviews, but it was my favorite non-signature meal on our last trip (best overall was Narcoosee’s, which was our best meal ever). I’m thinking that after everyone’s comments, we’re going to have to give Homecomin’ a second chance. Our experience there was not great with extremely greasy chicken, but it sounds like that’s not the norm.

Our must-do is Jiko at AKL. Great food and relaxing atmosphere. It’s a favorite for our entire family.

Getting ready to make our dining reservations for August and looking to try some new places. My kids are 8 and 11 and not too picky. Not looking for character meals or buffets. Can be at a park, at DS or at a resort.

Right now our only "must do" sit down each trip is Sanaa.

Thanks in advance!
California Grill for the amazing food and view of the fireworks.

Epcot-Garden Grill for breakfast, then snack around world showcase
MK-Pecos Bill or Columbia Harbor House--both are QS but have indoor sitting (riding is key on our MK day)

We never miss Chefs de France for a quiet lunch of onion soup and a baguette while watching the festival crowds outside.
We tried several new restaurants last month and loved them all: Wave, Yak and Yeti (go for the tikka masala), Topolinos (warning, the pasta dishes are heavy and huge, but delish), and Plaza (really good comfort food).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter