Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Yellow

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Other

Votes: 10 8.8%

• Total voters

AndreaDM

<font color=red>Yeah...we mainly colored that day<
Possibly trading in my car. It is red, last car was grey, car before that grey, car before that light blue. All other things equal, how important is color choice when it comes to buying a car? The car I had my eye on sold this morning, wah, dealer called and said they have the same model in a color that is not my favorite, but I'm not ruling it out. (used car so can't order exactly what I want from dealer). Cars are selling like hotcakes now, my daughter just bought one last week, had a heck of a time and finally found one that had been traded in that day!

I have had cars that I would have liked another colour but the price was right at the time and I knew the car was reliable.

My mini van was a sand colour years ago when green was popular and that is the colour I would have got but this is what was left at the end of the year on the lot. Really didn’t matter in the long run I guess it’s just a car to me.

Every car I've owned so far has been blue. My first car was not a "pretty blue" and I did not choose it because of the color, but it was a good car at the right price, so I bought it.

For my other cars, I actually had more of a preference on the INTERIOR color (I wanted grey, not black or tan). I picked from the colors that you could get with a grey interior, and both times just happened to be available with blue exterior paint and blue is my favorite color.

So, I'd say that color is semi-important to me, but not the MOST important thing. If I was in a position to wait for a color I'd like (had a functional vehicle, etc.) I probably would wait, but if I needed a car, it wouldn't be a deciding factor.

Last edited:
We have a grey Honda van, a silver Honda van and a teal Ford Galaxie. If I had my choice, all my vehicles would be white, but we bought them used, so we took what we could get.

I'm the 1 Vote in the other category. Here's the thing when we bought our car it looked a silver grey in colour. Funny thing is we started to see it as purple/ish grey. At first we thought hmm.. different time of day, sunlight, ie but, eventually through the opinion of younger eyes had to concede it's purple/ish grey.

It's a Chevy Orlando, and that makes it in our eyes, any colour we like! :car:

So, I'd say that color is semi-important to me, but not the MOST important thing. If I was in a position to wait for a color I'd like (had a functional vehicle, etc.) I probably would wait, but if I needed a car, it wouldn't be a deciding factor.

I agree. I've had the luxury of time when I was buying my cars, so I was able to wait to get the colors I wanted (first car was bright blue, current car is turquoise).

Mine is that royal blue with a black top. I've only seen one other car just like mine-- same make and color.

My car is white. Color is very important to me but so is interior color. I really love light seats, and mind are tan. Light interior is definitely harder to find it seems.

My car is a color called bronze, but it looks grey to me. I've been told that blue cars have the lowest trade in/resale value and that people driving red cars get the most speeding tickets. I do know that black cars get hotter on the inside, I've had two.

Possibly trading in my car. It is red, last car was grey, car before that grey, car before that light blue. All other things equal, how important is color choice when it comes to buying a car? The car I had my eye on sold this morning, wah, dealer called and said they have the same model in a color that is not my favorite, but I'm not ruling it out. (used car so can't order exactly what I want from dealer). Cars are selling like hotcakes now, my daughter just bought one last week, had a heck of a time and finally found one that had been traded in that day!
I picked up a new Ford Edge on Saturday. It's Iconic Silver.

Know how I picked it? I called the dealer, told them what I wanted and told them that I wanted a traditional color... nothing outrageous and not black (dirt shows up too much on black)

The Edge I gave back was a dark grey. Before that, I had a white Escape.

I really don't care about the color. I care about the price and that it has the options that I want.

White - it was the color they had in stock.
Husband has a white truck, brother has a white truck...other brother has a white truck...all of us have company vehicles, and obviously no patience as we all took what they had on the lot at the moment!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter