What compensation would you expect

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had this happen at almost all of my stays in the past few years at Days Inn, Rodeway Inn, Quality Inn, Comfort Inn, - all the Choice Hotels. Its a bit disturbing and is making me want to switch hotel chains. If check out is 11am then NO ONE should be coming into my room until 11:01am. Period. I often stay up late and don't even get to bed until 5am. I have all my stuff packed and ready to go to the car when I get up at 10am-10:30am. I have never had to ask for additional time. But nearly every time in the past few years, this has happened to me. Glad to know its happening at other chains too. Lets me know the ones to avoid.
Do you use the DND sign and safety latch or chain?

I think it depends on if you're a DISidiot or not.

Thanks for the laughs "disidiots." You guys are the best! By the way, op, careful that is one "s" not two (dissidiots). You wouldn't want anyone thinking you were one of us!

I was going to add my .02, since I am a disidiot

Count me as a Disidiot too.

Hmm. . . :scratchin Maybe we need a new thread or club for Disidiots? :teeth:

Hmm. . . :scratchin Maybe we need a new thread or club for Disidiots? :teeth:
:rotfl2:Wouldn't it really be easier for just those few "reasonable posters" to hive off? There's waaaay more of us than there are of them. ;)

:rotfl2:Wouldn't it really be easier for just those few "reasonable posters" to hive off? There's waaaay more of us than there are of them. ;)

smack.gif
This is why I'm a Disidiot. ;)

Curious - have you commented to management when it occurs and if so, has any compensation been offered?

I can remember one time that I complained to management. Honestly, it just pisses me off so bad I get up and leave at that point swearing to never stay there again. I have never been offered compensation. Honestly, every single time it has happened it has been foreign housekeeping and foreign hotel owners who are so tight they could squeeze fly crap out of a nickle. Getting compensated from someone like that isn't going to happen. I learned years ago (I stay at hotels a lot) that the foreign owners who bareley speak English could give a rats *** if you stay there or not. They're not going to refund anything for poor customer service.

Time for you to start using your safety lock and deadbolt.

It is? I have used them every single time, my dear. They have a Master Key and the safety lock still allows the door to be opened a few inches. It has never failed me but that doesn't stop the intrusion and the fact that I am woken up at that point.

Do you use the DND sign and safety latch or chain?

DND sign, safety lock, latch chain every single time.

most hotel employees do not have access to keys that override deadbolts. In general only upper management and security would have access to those keys, not the people cleaning rooms.

Oh, Days is not part of the Choice chain. Never has been.

I can remember one time that I complained to management. Honestly, it just pisses me off so bad I get up and leave at that point swearing to never stay there again. I have never been offered compensation. Honestly, every single time it has happened it has been foreign housekeeping and foreign hotel owners who are so tight they could squeeze fly crap out of a nickle. Getting compensated from someone like that isn't going to happen. I learned years ago (I stay at hotels a lot) that the foreign owners who bareley speak English could give a rats *** if you stay there or not. They're not going to refund anything for poor customer service.
That's quite a ridiculous rant, but I bet you'd have better luck getting a resolution if they knew you had a problem. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
That's quite a ridiculous rant, but I bet you'd have better luck getting a resolution IF THEY ACTUALLY KNEW YOU HAD A PROBLEM

But....I never asked for a resolution or compensation? I simply don't stay at that hotel again. Was there are a reason you bolded and used capital letters? I'm quite capable of reading standardized text.

Oh, Days is not part of the Choice chain. Never has been.

Correct. I am well aware of this. Was merely listing some of the different chains I had stayed at. I haven't stayed at a Days Inn in a few years now.....because of this issue specifically.

That's quite a ridiculous rant, but I bet you'd have better luck getting a resolution if they knew you had a problem. :rolleyes:

But....I never asked for a resolution or compensation? I simply don't stay at that hotel again. Was there are a reason you bolded and used capital letters? I'm quite capable of reading standardized text.
You're right - that was rude of me and I've gone back and fixed it. Your shockingly derogatory stereotypes took me aback and I reacted poorly. Those comments are shameful.

Your shockingly derogatory stereotypes took me aback and I reacted poorly. Those comments are shameful.

Stereotypes exist for a reason. People didn't just sit around years ago and go "OH HEY, I think I'll make this up about a certain demographic of people and it will be carved in stone and everyone will believe it". No, that's not how stereotypes are formed. I'd suggest some literature on how and why stereotypes are formed before continuing on. Furthermore, if your reading comprehension skills were up to par you'd see that my assessment of the situation was based on my own personal experience. /smile

I s
Stereotypes exist for a reason. People didn't just sit around years ago and go "OH HEY, I think I'll make this up about a certain demographic of people and it will be carved in stone and everyone will believe it". No, that's not how stereotypes are formed. I'd suggest some literature on how and why stereotypes are formed before continuing on. Furthermore, if your reading comprehension skills were up to par you'd see that my assessment of the situation was based on my own personal experience. /smile

May want to scratch Sheraton, Loew's, and Disney off your list too. The first 2 had housekeeping at the door at 8:30 am knocking on our checkout day, and just this past Friday housekeeping had the unmitigated gall to knock on my door at 10:30 am on check out day.

giphy.gif

Thanks for the laughs "disidiots." You guys are the best! By the way, op, careful that is one "s" not two (dissidiots). You wouldn't want anyone thinking you were one of us!
I thought about that, but then I figured the reading comprehension here was so bad that I could screw the spelling.

Wow

Honestly, every single time it has happened it has been foreign housekeeping and foreign hotel owners who are so tight they could squeeze fly crap out of a nickle. Getting compensated from someone like that isn't going to happen. I learned years ago (I stay at hotels a lot) that the foreign owners who bareley speak English could give a rats *** if you stay there or not. They're not going to refund anything for poor customer service.

What in tarnation....

Haven’t been on the DIS in a while. Perusing the topics, I just knew a thread with “compensation” in the title and 8 pages of posts would be a fun read. I have not been DISappointed. :)

If this happened to me, I’d be kicking myself for not bolting the door. Not much more than that. :confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter