• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What did you bake today ? OK if not from scratch

Busy making yogurt muffins for mornings I can’t be bothered, LOL. Out of the freezer and into the nuke for 15 seconds.
View attachment 560489
Next step, bake and freeze raspberry chocolate brownies and hazelnut strawberry fudge.

I think I OD on berry buying.

Muffins, fudge and raspberry chocolate brownies! Can we all come visit? :D:D

Last edited:
The Sallys Baking Addiction Old Fashioned Sour Cream Crumb Cake I discovered when the stay at home orders started is now everyone's favorite. Nothing better than a cozy home that smells like baking cinnamon IMO

I love her recipes but haven’t tried that one yet. Maybe for Easter. Any other favorites of hers?

Made fish chowder tonight and decided it needed a real New England dessert to go with it thus Indian pudding seemed the answer.

Yes but in putting the ingredients out somehow I used whole wheat pastry flour instead of cornmeal. Knew it the minute the flour hit the bowl. What to do, what to do?

Added the proper amt of cornmeal in, a beaten egg white, extra spices, and a bit more Turbinado sugar and proceeded from there.
Had the taste of the pudding’s spices but the texture was different so I’ll try it again when I decide to make a scrod dinner.

This is what it looked like:
5618451615425999295.jpeg

Went to the grocery today, and came home with ingredients to make a lemon cake and a chocolate cake. The chocolate one will be for my birthday later this month. I may make the lemon one tomorrow or Friday. My mom’s birthday would have been Saturday, so I thought a cake would be nice.

I haven't started it yet, but for dessert tonight, I'm making warm chocolate stout cakes with a whiskey caramel sauce. (food network, zac young)

I have the corned beef in now (new recipe, using Guinness), am doing the potatoes/carrots/cabbage a bit different this year....going to parboil so they partially cook, then do an oven fry on the potatoes/carrots (drizzled with olive oil) and saute the cabbage with some bacon and butter). I was going to bake rye bread, but got lazy and bought some from the bakery instead.

ETA: horrible picture, I know, but man, these were amazing! I could have went darker with the caramel, but it was so good, and the cake was super moist and flavorful. Worth every calorie....

Attachments

• 160061468_156042669702581_2171109751724567861_n.jpg
    160061468_156042669702581_2171109751724567861_n.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter