What Disney Movie That You Love Do You Think Is The Most Underated?

allears said:
At least it gained some credit for inspiring the hit Broadway show!

I have to tell you that when I was in 6th grade (when it came out) I said "they should put this on Broadway!" and then finally 20 years later it happened!!

I'm extremely passionate about underrated Disney movies! :mic: My two #1 favorites are Treasure Planet and Wreck-It Ralph. Both are amazing movies with outstanding animation and great characters and story. I'm all up in the Hunchback camp as well. The soundtrack is EPIC and the animation (especially the backgrounds of Paris) are mind-blowing with the detail that was all done by just human hands and PENCILS.

Song of the South.

TDO has been purposely suppressed SOTS. When I was a kid watching Wonderful World of Disney (in living color) on Sunday nights in the '70's they played it fairly often, at least several times. Then, nothing, like it never existed.

Atlantis is my definite number 1 for most underrated Disney movie. But also:

Treasure Planet
Robin Hood
101 Dalmatians
The Princess and the Frog
The Emperor's New Groove
Oliver and Company
Home on the Range
The Rescuers
The Great Mouse Detective
Meet the Robinsons
The Lion King 1 1/2

I think Treasure Planet, Fantasia 2000, & Brother Bear are unfairly underrated, but there are many others I think are highly regarded yet don't get enough attention from the general public or the company, like Fantasia, Tarzan, The Fox & The Hound... a lot of them. They're all so pretty.

I'll throw in The Three Musketeers staring Mickey/Donald/Goofy too even though it's direct-to-video, it was actually really funny!

The. Old muppet show :( I have the first season on DVD. I'm glad they are finally getting back their popularity :) Go animal!

Hercules
Mulan
Pocahontas
The Hunchback of Notre Dame
And the Princess and the Frog- it got a lot of cred in the beginning, but now not so much

Emperor's New Groove is my favorite underrated disney movie. It is hilarious and we quote it a lot in our house!
Wreck-It-Ralph is another one we quote daily and we all love it!
Enchanted was so funny and the songs were great but i feel like a lot of people over look it a lot since they didn't really do any merchandise for it since they didn't want to pay Amy Adams for her likeness forever.
Sword in the Stone
Atlantis was AMAZING and we love it. The second one not so much though.
Treasure Planet was so imaginative and a cool way to make it new.
Hercules
The Aristocats is one of my favorites and now my daughter loves it as well.
The Fox and the Hound and the second one(it wasn't terrible) were so good!
I'm sure there are more I am forgetting but I will get off my soapbox now. :mic:

Also I dislike Hunchback, as I kid I liked it but now I see it and it is so dark. I don't mind dark but the movie just weirds me out. :rolleyes1

Probably Emperor's New Groove. I don't like the fact that people usually forget The Rescuers, The Great Mouse Detective or Olliver and Company, but to be fair, those movies were quite successful when they were just released.

More recently... I think Meet the Robinsons was really entertaining, but it did very poorly commercially.

Treasure Planet!!

I thought it was super. What a great spin on the classic Treasure Island story! My DS7, DS4, and DH LOVE LOVE the movie!

You cannot find ANYTHING Treasure Planet related anywhere at Disney anymore. It was such a cool movie. :thumbsup2

Meet the Robinsons. It's quirky but very cute. Plus has a very uplifting message, "Keep Moving Forward!" (Taken from a Walt Disney quote)

Mine is a very old movie. Its also one of my most favorite rides in MK. It's
Song Of The South. I think uncle Remus's tails have some great lessons in them, like You cant run away from your Troubles. Does anyone else like this movie? You can get it on DVD from the UK but not in the US.

Atlantis is my definite number 1 for most underrated Disney movie. But also:

Treasure Planet
Robin Hood
101 Dalmatians
The Princess and the Frog
The Emperor's New Groove
Oliver and Company
Home on the Range
The Rescuers
The Great Mouse Detective
Meet the Robinsons
The Lion King 1 1/2

Atlantis and Treasure Planet are my top two movies, not in just that Disney underrates them, but that they simply are two of their best films.

How is it that Kida has been overlooked as a Disney princess?

Song of the South

DW loves Splash Mountain, has never seen Song of the South.

Robin Hood and Lion King 1 1/2 are pretty underrated, too, I think. Grew up watching Robin Hood on repeat. That whistle song is still stuck in my head. Just saw LK1.5 recently. I thought it was pretty entertaining, as opposed to how LK2 faded into history.

The Emperor's New Groove for sure, also maybe A Bug's Life or Oz: The Great & Powerful

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter