What Disney Movie That You Love Do You Think Is The Most Underated?

Another vote for Hunchback! The live stage version at DHS was epic.

BTW: Hook isn't a Disney movie (but I like it too). Hook is from Amblin Entertainment.:)

Aristocats
Hercules
101 Dalmatians (the original)
Pixar - A Bug's Life

I know that Sleeping Beauty is a popular film, but I think it is underrated in terms of not being as promoted or popular as some of the other Princess films. The animation style has always been so beautiful to me.

Gnomeo and Juliet!

The characters are so cute and they could have put out a lot of merchandise. This DVD was available at many of the check-out counters in the DLR as if they were trying to promote it. I think it would have done better if there were plush characters, action figures, etc... The soundtrack is fabulous and the story is really amusing. And with the Disney references in the movie, that would have generated more interest in merchandise and would have built more momentum for the film.

Gnomeo and Juliet was not a Disney film.

The Sword in the Stone, and Robin Hood. Why does no one get excited about those anymore? They're both clever and the animation is great, and both are set in jolly olde England, a setting that lends itself to fairy tales and thus Disney movies!

The Hunchback of Notre Dame! There is nothing in the parks to represent any of the characters since the show closed at Hollywood Studios (then MGM lol!) and the only character you can meet is Frollo, and only at the Halloween party.

Robin hood and the Black Cauldron ( they should have made it into live action plus computer imagery). Most of the old live action classic were underrat:(ed.

BTW: Hook isn't a Disney movie (but I like it too). Hook is from Amblin Entertainment.:)

Don't I feel sheepish.

well-i-feel-sheepish-o.gif

Mulan for sure:woohoo: It has a wonderful story but doesn't get recognized as much as the other Princess movies. Even Merida is getting on lunchboxes with the more regal princesses! Mulan should get a lunchbox! :sad::mic:

i don't think hercules or mulan get the credit they deserve (as others have said)

my pick is atlantis-i don't think anyone even saw it. i was a big fan :)

Emperor's New Groove is one of my all time favorite Disney movies and isn't very well known :( I wish they had more merchandise (PINS) because I would definitely buy it.
I also agree that Robin Hood, Aristocats, and Hercules are under appreciated (as well as under merchandised).
Wouldn't everyone love to see some more Emperor's New Groove, Robin Hood, Aristocats, and Hercules pins? :)

Atlantis is a really cool movie. It's more of an action/sci-fi film than most Disney movies. Emperor's New Groove is also excellent and very funny. :earsboy:

I love Oliver and Co. and Atlantis: The Lost Empire. I know both of those came during "low periods" for the studio, but I love them.

In the Live action realm, Black Hole and Something Wicked This Way Comes are both criminally forgotton.

Also, Lone Ranger! It's actually a really fun movie!

Totally agree with most of the comments on this thread.

I think Hercules and The Hunchback of Notre Dame are under rated.
I also felt that Ratatouille was a little under rated and I love that film.
:)

x

All my "underrated" picks have been listed but especially:

Atlantis (can anyone say forgotten princess?)
Treasure Planet

And I'm a huge fan of what I call the "Phil Harris movies"
Aristocats, Robin Hood, Jungle Book
They enforced a love of big band and jazz in the youthful me.

Robin hood, for sure. I just love the characters and the medieval setting. When I was a kid, I was fascinated by the stories of Robin Hood, and having one of my favorite characters turned into a Disney character was like a dream come true :)

The Aristocats
Oliver and Company
The Fox and The Hound
Hercules
Hunchback
Robin Hood

I always thought they should have a ride or an eatery based on each movie made.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter