What Disney Recipes have you tried?

I make Boma chicken corn porridge about every month. I often make extra since it is SO good. Next time we do soup and salad for the teachers at school I am going to bring that one -- I know they'll love it. It is so sweet and good, really unique.

I make the 'Ohana honey lime dressing all the time, too. I always have it in my fridge. I bought a special little shaker jar just for that recipe.... YUM!

I make the French Toast Loaf from the Main Street Bakery too..I've also made it the past few Christmas mornings :)

I also make the beer cheese soup from LeCellier quite often and the meatloaf from 50's Prime Time Cafe, Frunch from Boma and parmesan mashed potatoes from Chef Mickey's.. they all have turned out very good.

Next, I plan on making some of the soups from Boma.

I made the chicken pepper pot soup from Boma and that came out great. I would give my right arm to get the recipe for Ger's bread and butter pudding from Raglan Road. Had it last week and it was probably the best dessert I've ever eaten!!!:thumbsup2 I didn't know you could request the recipe!

I tried to make the french toast loaf...and it didn't turn out right...any ideas or tips are greatly appreciated

I did make the white chocolate cheesecake from the red and white cookbook...I don't remember where it was from...but it was yummy!
Just a tip...the recipe makes 2...and I didn't have a bowl big enough to hold all of it...I made a MESS of he kitchen...it was kind of funny really...

Let's see.. I've made:

Cheddar Cheese Soup from Le Cellier... I don't really remember it except that it made so freaking much!

Chicken & Leek Pie from Rose & Crown.. this was good. But it needed salt!
(Never had this in person.)

Potato & Leek Soup from Rose & Crown... again, I don't really remember this one either.

BBQ Rub & Sauce from Flame Tree... the rub is really good... the sauce was really tangy!

Fettuccini with Prosciutto & Peas from Spoodles... this was ok.

Honey Coriander Wings from 'Ohana.. this were good, but no where as good as they are in person!

Smoked Pulled Pork from WCC. This was my boyfriend's favorite from WDW. The first time I made it, it was not done. The second time I made it, I decided to cut my pork into smaller chunks to help it cook. It was fully cooked but the outside was so freaking charred! It was fab past the charred parts.

Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes from Le Cellier... these were good... I'm actually making them tomorrow night for our anniversary dinner.

And lastly (I think) William Penn Pasta from Liberty Tree Tavern.. this was really good, except it made like enough sauce for like 123894019348798347891347123894 dishes even though the rest of the recipe only made enough for two or so.

I made the chicken pepper pot soup from Boma and that came out great. I would give my right arm to get the recipe for Ger's bread and butter pudding from Raglan Road. Had it last week and it was probably the best dessert I've ever eaten!!!:thumbsup2 I didn't know you could request the recipe!

Ohhh, the Bread & Butter Pudding from Raglan Road! :goodvibes When we were at RR recently, I did ask for one of their recipes. However, since it is not a Disney owned restaurant, they said they do not give out recipes. yet my DH & I loved the food so much at RR that we recently ordered the Head Chef's cookbook from B & N-which includes the B & B pudding! :thumbsup2

I know that I have made several things, however the only thing I can think of right now is the Fried Boursin Cheese from 50'sPT. Made it yesterday for an appetizer.....YUM.

I know that I have made several things, however the only thing I can think of right now is the Fried Boursin Cheese from 50'sPT. Made it yesterday for an appetizer.....YUM.

Could you post the link to the recipe? Thanks! :upsidedow

Butterscotch Creme Brulee from CG :love:
Maple Glazed Salmon from the Disney Wonder :love:

I have tried, with great success, LeCelier's Cheddar Cheese Soup, The Wild Mushroom and Chicken Pasta with Bail Asiago Cream Sauce from Crystal Palace (Outstanding), and the Pineapple Bread from 'Ohana...

IMG_0283.jpg

Ohhh, the Bread & Butter Pudding from Raglan Road! :goodvibes When we were at RR recently, I did ask for one of their recipes. However, since it is not a Disney owned restaurant, they said they do not give out recipes. yet my DH & I loved the food so much at RR that we recently ordered the Head Chef's cookbook from B & N-which includes the B & B pudding! :thumbsup2

Thanks so much for the heads up lynninpa!!!! I'm definitely going to order that. Whatever the price of that book is, it's worth it for that one recipe!

For Mother's Day I made.....

(All from Boma)

Ginger Carrot Soup which came out excellent and was easy to make. Fortunately, I made a double batch so everyone has been snacking on it this week.

Nut Crusted Salmon, whic everyone loved as well. I probably used a bit too much nut crusting and would cut back in the future.

Fufu. This was pretty easy, came out fine but didn't go over too big. Probably won't do again.

Cassava Cake. I liked mine better than at Boma. The hardest part was finding a Cassava root. The third market I checked had one. It was enourmous. Now I just need to figure out what to do with the remaininig 3 1/2 pounds of cassava root! :lmao: I got lots of looks and questions when I was buying that - not your typical mother's day gift.

I think next I'll be making the maple BBQ glaze from Le Cellier. Since that is no longer on the menu, we'll just have to try it here at home.

For Easter I made the Tilmok Mack and Cheese from Artist Point. The kids would have licked the bowl if I let them. Now DH asks for the "special mickey" mack and cheese.

I also made the grapefruit cake and it is very good for EAster or summer holidays.

*I have to thank lynninpa for the recipe exchange list*

The other night DBF's mother and I made the bread pudding and vanilla sauce from the Cooking With Mickey Vol. 2 cookbook (I think the recipe comes from 1900 Park Fare?). I wasn't fond of bread pudding before, but this recipe definitely changed my mind. It was absolutely delicious!! I believe we used a bit too much bread, so it didn't soak up enough of the cinammon, nutmeg, etc. But it still came out to be wonderful.

I also prepare the Italian Bread from the same cookbook frequently. I believe it comes from the old L'Originale Alredo in EPCOT. The loaves come out pretty big, more than enough for one person. The outside is a bit tough, but overall the bread comes out very well and my family always loves it. It doesn't use many ingredients (flour, water, salt, yeast) but it does take a while to make because it has to sit for two intervals of about 30-45 minutes prior to baking. But it's still a great recipe, and goes great with dinner!

On various occasions I've also tried the Shrimp Pasta (from the Poly, I believe), the Chocolate Chip Cookies from the Farmer's Market in EPCOT, and the Caesar Salad from Disneyland. The Shrimp Pasta came out very delicious, but the sauce congealed a bit quickly. The Caesar Salad was not to my liking, I usually like my sauce creamier than how this recipe came out. As for the cookies, they were yummy!

If you see this cookbook in WDW, it might be worth the buy! Flip through it a bit and see if you like it. There are several more recipes from this book and the Official Recipe thread on the boards that I am anxious to try!

OK, so I made the coconut curry chicken soup the other night. I had it last month at Boma and really liked it. And curry is not something I ever cook with. Everyone liked it, some said they would prefer it a little less sweet. I'll just cut back on the honey next time. It was pretty easy to make, about a half hour to throw every thing together and another 1/2 hour to cook together. A little thicker and you could serve this over rice.

Now I have the Maple BBQ Sauce cooking on the stove. Hmmmm, could be filet or steak this weekend!:thumbsup2

We made Major Domo's Favorite Pie from CRT this Easter, and it was absolutely wonderful. :thumbsup2 It also came with added perks, because the prime rib we bought was more than we needed for the recipe. I can't recall the last time I had prime rib twice in the same week.:woohoo:

What a great thread! It's so nice to know that these recipes turn out well at home! Thanks everyone!

I did an O'Hana night at home to surprise DH a few months back. I made the coriander chicken wings, scalloped potatoes and the bread pudding. It took some time to make them all but it was so worth it! We have a bar area downstairs in our home and it has a variety of ethnic decorations, one of which is a 5 foot tall, hand carved tiki my DH had made for me for my birthday two years ago. I set up the area with Polynesian themed decor, tiki candles, etc.. and I even found a wall mural at the party store of a volcano. Being the nerd I am I bought it because it looked like the pool at the Poly, so, we could eat our dinner and pretend the view was of the pool and not my backyard! :rotfl: Anyhow, my husband was surprised and we both enjoyed it! It was fun to feel a part of Disney in the middle of February! :goodvibes

Kathleen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter