What Disney Snack Do You Wish You Never Bought (and Ate)?

Lots of very different opinions going on here - love it!

For me, I absolutely ADORE School Bread!! But I think it's because my "sweet tolerance" is a little low, so it gives me the absolute perfect balance of sweet/not-TOO-sweet that I find hard to get anywhere else.

On the flip side of that I have never liked any cupcake I've gotten at Disney because it is absolute sugar overload for me. Even after two bites I feel the diabetic coma kicking in and I just feel lousy.

So glad there are so many different choices!:cheer2:

On the flip side of that I have never liked any cupcake I've gotten at Disney because it is absolute sugar overload for me.:

I agree! Heard so many raves about the huge cupcakes that DH & I decided to try them. Oh, my, ate a few bites, then scraped off the all the icing and finished the small amount of cake and said, 'no more'! It had so much icing (I declare it was nearly a cup, was no different than eating it straight from the container at the store - LOL. Never again!

I, too, eat the school bread occasionally, also the rice cream.

But you're right - as with all things - everyone has their own 'tastes' thankfully. :)

Where do you get these "way too sweet" cake pops? For me, the phrase "too sweet" doesn't exist (although DH would probably agree with you). I want to challenge myself with these cake pops-and I'll no doubt get 2, because DH will take one bite and react like you-"too sweet".

Hollywood studios, whatever that shop is at the beginning of Sunset blvd. on the left, when you are facing toward the tower of terror etc. I think it's the villains one.

I heartily dislike the Dole Whip.

I also think the Krispy treats are dry. I got the cinnamon roll at gastons and thought it looked better than it was, but I still ate it :)

Cupcakes- always cold and dry. Like out of the freezer cold.
Cream cheese pretzels. Cream cheese shouldn't be warm like that.
Le Fous Brew. Ick.
Bacon Cupcake at this year's Flower and Garden Festival. I LOVE bacon and this just wasn't good. It had a cornbread like consistency and was overpowered by smoke flavor.

The churros at Epcot....yuck!! I don't know whether it was just a bad churro, or I don't like churros at all because it was the one and only churro I've ever tried. Never again. :crazy2:

Carrot Cake Cookie - I LOVE sweets but it was too much!

I am also not a fan of the Starring Rolls Cupcakes...I have much better options locally.

I was also not a fan of the Main Street Bakery Cinnamon Rolls - they were too "mapley" for me...I like a cinnamon roll with a cinnamon and light icing flavor not like it's a stack of pancakes loaded with syrup

And as for turkey legs.....blech!!!!!

Deffo cake pops!!! Looked so good and tasted of nothing but cheap chocolate :( I didn't like the cream cheese filled pretzels much either!! :barf:

Bacon Cupcake at this year's Flower and Garden Festival. I LOVE bacon and this just wasn't good. It had a cornbread like consistency and was overpowered by smoke flavor.

This.

My boyfriend and I have eaten a lot of bacon flavored sweet things, we have a friend who owns a cupcake business, and we're more than happy to help taste test. We were super excited to try the Bacon cupcake at the Flower and Garden Festival, and it was awful. The bacon in the cupcake had an odd texture, and the icing just didn't go with it. I don't know if they were trying for a more savory cupcake, which is what I'm assuming they were going for, but it was just not good.

Although I've had some stale character cookies, the awful (and happily endangered) Nescafe coffee multiple times, and the now notorious Lunching Pad cream cheese filled pretzel, one thing will always and forever remain in my mind as a true food abomination.

The Happy Lychee with vodka that was served at F&W in 2013. It was fizzy lychee flavored water mixed with tequila and vodka and served with a lime wedge.

It was like drinking watered down tequila with a hint of cheap vodka to make it that much more unbearable. :stir:

Didn't throw it away but whoever decided on that one blew it. It was so bad that the buzz it brought on after, it was probably the second strongest drink there, was in no way enjoyable knowing what I'd endured to get there.

Skolbrod is an acquired taste; if you grew up with it you would love it! Reminds me of my grandmother baking. The dough is made with cardamon so it is quite a surprise if you are expecting sweet pastry bread. I love them though and its a must do every trip.

I didn't care for any of the disney cookies or treats they sell in the marketplace at Beach Club. The cookies were disgusting and the dye used to make the black for mickey's ears gets everywhere.

Cupcakes- always cold and dry. Like out of the freezer cold.
Cream cheese pretzels. Cream cheese shouldn't be warm like that.
Le Fous Brew. Ick.

I am very glad I saw your post about the bacon cupcake, I know DS,19 will want to try this but he would not like the smoke flavor at all. This will save him a snack credit for something he really wants.

I also don't like the schoolbread, just not for me. We got a cookie from the Karmel shop in Germany that was just :crazy2: Maybe it wasn't fresh but we took a couple bites and it hit the next trash can. Not a fan of the character cookies or rice krispy treats either.

We use to love the cinnamon roll at MSB, haven't tried the new one, but it's not sounding like it's up to par.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter