• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What do you carry your "stuff" in?

csmommy

DIS Veteran
Now that my chldren are out of diapers & such, I do not have a diaper bag. What do you carry extra sunblock, water, hand cleaner gel, wallet, tissues, etc.. in? I need some good ideas, & just do not want to be lugging a heavy bag around!

TIA :Pinkbounc

Hey! Looks like we'll be at WDW at the same time!

Well I don't know if you're opposed the ever-handy but not-so-stylish fanny pack, but that's definitely a good convenient way to store things. When DH and I went before we had DD, we used a regular backpack but it was light since we only put necessities in it. Check out Sportmart if you have one in your area, or even Target or Walmart. I always liked to carry an small over-the-shoulder messenger bag, since it eliminates the awkwardness of reaching behind you for what you need. It's convenient.

Whatever you decide, have a great trip!

Last summer I wore a not-so-stylish fanny pack, while my daughter carried a nylon beachpack she'd bought at Gap.

I'm now looking for a bigger fanny pack ... would like one big enough to stuff a couple of ponchos in ... but haven't had any luck.

Cheryl

My kids are out of diapers but we still seem to lug a lot of stuff! We still bring the video camera, regular camera, sometimes the ponchos, antibatirial, baby wipes, water, sippy cup, sunblock, sunglasses, etc....

I have a fannypack for the money, tickets, lipbalm, my sunglasses, room key etc...

I have a backpack for the rest!

The fanny pack worked for me even though I felt dorky wearing it.
It works great because it frees up your hands.

I still have to carry a diaper bag - DD#2 is only 16 months and will be 22 months on our next trip - but I still always carry a Mickey knapsack. In there I have ponchos(there is a neat little section for them), sunscreen, mywallet/passes, sunglasses, hats, camera/extra film, and sweaters for the girls (some places are chilly inside). I don't load it down too much and it is not too heavy. This way, I know where everything is. In the diaper bag, I just keep diapers, wipes, snacks and sippy cups. I take to knapsack on rides with me. Eventaully we will lose the diaper bag and just carry my bag. I am praying that by next year's trip, DD#2 won't need daipers!:rolleyes:

I use a backpack I purchased on a trip tho WDW in 2000.It's meduim size ,black with the 2 °0° Walt Disney World logo embroidered on it.The boys,Joe and I take turns carrying it.In the small zipper pocket in the front I keep our tickets,credit card and money.Also sometimes stick the camera in there if I don't feel like carrying it.Inside all the other stuff.Small sun block,lip balm,bandaids,extra film,autographbooks,pens,rain ponches.If we use these I get new ones every trip because they're like 2 for a dollar at Walmart and are NOT easy to fold up tightly after being used!

If it's really hot and we're in need of a constant liquid supply we all have ,I think you'd call them lanyards.We purchased them in EPCOT.It's a canvas type ribbon decorated with all the WS countries flags (all the parks have their own) that has a loop on the end that holds,water soda or a beer bottle.You can buy these at most carts that sell beverages.

Our daughter is now 4. We still bring in a stroller. Many times the stroller is vacant, but it's a great place to store the bags (in the basket underneath).

We bring a backpack with us. We also bring a small lunch bag. We freeze a couple of waters overnight (when we have a freezer available). This keeps water and other snacks cool. By the end of the day the frozen water melts and is ready to drink.

We also purchased one of the Disney large popcorn containers. Now we bring that container back every time and fill it with our own popcorn.

Between the water and the popcorn we probably save about $15 - $20 per day.

I alternate between a fanny pack and a backpack. It depends on the time of the day, if I am taking a camera with me, etc.

We were spoiled by travelling light, after our daugher was born we really missed just grabbing a few things heading out. We're still at the diaper bag stage :)

I found a large fanny-pack at Babies r us last week. Big enough for ponchos camera and water bottle. Don't know the brand have loaned to a friend for her trip.Michelle

Originally posted by meandtheguys
I found a large fanny-pack at Babies r us last week. Big enough for ponchos camera and water bottle. Don't know the brand have loaned to a friend for her trip.Michelle

Oooo ... I never thought to look at Babies R Us ... will have to check out the fanny packs there this weekend.

I want one large enough for a couple of ponchos, an autograph book and a water-bottle sleeve would be heaven!

Cheryl

I went to Wal-mart and bought a shoulder bag made by Eastsport that is about the siz of a sheet of paper. It has two large zippered pouches, one zippered pouch with credit card slots and another good sized pouch with a flap. The strap has quick disconnect buckles on each end. What I do is adjust the strap to fit around my waist and then unsnap one end of strap and put it on just like a fanny pack. I can carry two water bottles, snacks, camera, ponchos and tickets all in the same bag. I just wear it on my back or side instead of in front so I don't get fatiqued with all of that in there. Paid like $7 for it.

We also use fanny packs. Each child has a small one for their spending money, a few snacks, etc. DH and I each have larger ones. We got the larger ones at Academy, which is a sporting goods store.

Well I guess I will be using the fanny pack & my husband will use a backpack.

We are off!

I alternate between my fanny pack and my Healthy Bag pack. I love my health bag because it has lots of pockets but I will only carry it when I know we are going to be gone for most of the day. Otherwise I downsize and everything must fit in my fannypack. One exclusion is my water bottle which I carry on a bottle strap. The kids also have their own fanny packs and if they want to carry it then it must go in there.

You can get ones made for hiking at a sports store. I got one that is the biggest Ive ever seen. I also carry a water bottle with a strap over my shoulder. The kids carry their own stuff and hubbie carries the camera!

I love my LandsEnd Day Tripper! It is a smallish bag that is great for "beyond diapers. It has an adjustable strap and small compartments for stuff. It has a zippered pouch for tix, keys and a credit card, and mesh pockets inside for a water bottle or whatever. It is meant as a diaper bag but doesn't look like one. It is in the catalog with the diaper bags. This is the handiest, sturdiest little bag I own and PERFECT for WDW!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter