• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What do you do if you lose your luggage?

Tesabat

Mouseketeer
With all the threads about dress codes, I wonder - what happens if you lose your luggage? This happened to us last year for our big, extended family vacation at WDW. The porter had to pry me away from the luggage area - it was our LARGE suitcase - the one with all our nicer, new clothes in it. I had a smaller suitcase with a small selection of clothes for us and our bathing suits...so all was not completely lost...but, it seemed like somehow, all the good stuff was in the big case...and just about everything we needed at various times over the next 5 days it took them to get our suitcase to us.

BUT - if that happens on the cruise - yikes! How would you get "dress" clothes and resort casual clothes and shoes....and, oh, I shudder to think about it. I'm already planning on splitting the clothes up again into different suitcases, but if the "worst" should happen...is there a shop onboard that sells clothing? (Other than t-shirts.) What about Key West? Has anyone had this happen to them on DCL? How was the airline able to get your luggage to you - or were they even able to??

It probably won't happen to us two years in a row...but just in case....

Once when we went on (I think) NCL my brother did not get his suitcase. They put it on the wrong ship! Anyway, he was only allowed $50 credit to purchase clothes, which isn't much. However, some of the officers and crew members on board donated their clothes for him to wear throughout the cruise. Ever since then, I have always split up my clothes in two suitcases to stop this from happening. He didn't get his luggage until our last port of call. :(

However, I don't know how DCL would handle this.

On our Costa cruise, our garment bag was lost. We were permitted free laundry service and given a $200 dollar allowance in the gift shops. Not bad. We got our bag at the next port of call, three days later. My husband and I had our own formal night!!

hehe

We sailed on RCL in March 1993 during "the storm of the century". Fully 1/5 of the people who actually made it had no luggage until the first stop 3 days later.

Everyone pulled together. The cruise ship gave them $200 credit for stores.

There was a lot of "what size are you" and "you can use my curling iron" and we all got by.

It was a riot to see your new best friends wearing your clothes in formal pictures.

The kindness of strangers......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter