What do you do when all the planning is done?

Something my sister and I like to do is go on the shop disney parks app and look at the type of souvenirs we would like to bring back home with us. This helps you get in the spirit, but also it helps you plan your souvenir budget. I also like to look up videos on youtube about good snacks to try and make note of, I like to look at the wait times of popular rides on MDE and try to gauge what rides to make an A-line for at open, I look up stuff on amazon that I need to purchase (portable fan is on my list as of now), etc.

I am in that phase now (technically FP shortly), but am also at a bit of a loss.

For right now I am just enjoying the warm weather, however will have to give this issue thought shortly!!

I have this same problem but I keep second guessing all of the plans! I’m 30 days out and made changes to our plans as recently as 4 days ago. :rolleyes1

But my kids don’t know about the trip yet so a countdown with them is out of the question! This time period is when I spend the most time on these forums! Lol

What I do for the month or so up to my trip, is that I'll take a day or two off from looking at my spreadsheet or my MDE app and come back to it with a fresh mind and try to tweak things. I like to think about timing and ease of transport and normally adjust FP times and ADR times (if possible) right up until the day before we leave. I'm also the super adulty person who plans everything, and we're driving down this year, so come the month before the trip, I'm normally running around making sure everyone else is all set to go. It's less Disney World planning and more of 'people' planning.

I start to worry... a lot! mostly about forgetting some thing important or having an issue with our drive to the airport causing us to miss our flight ( it's a 4 hour drive involving LA traffic)
It gets progressively worse each day until I am finally on the plane.

Yes, that's when I worry someone will get sick the day before, or I will have claustrophobia/attack on the plane, or someone will get sick when we're actually there, I start to think about the weather and check extended day forecasts two weeks out, I keep up with the daily latest news in case a ride closes, or hrs. change, I check my daily "last minute" list which includes cat care, the mail checker, etc. Then I worry my feet will hurt a lot which is inevitable anyway so idk why i even 'worry' but it's my running thoughts. Oh, the biggest worry comes because I worry the trip will be over soon and I won't have another trip planned so that will suck. Yep...basically worry. sigh.

I start to worry... a lot! mostly about forgetting some thing important or having an issue with our drive to the airport causing us to miss our flight ( it's a 4 hour drive involving LA traffic)
It gets progressively worse each day until I am finally on the plane.

Yes, that's when I worry someone will get sick the day before, or I will have claustrophobia/attack on the plane, or someone will get sick when we're actually there, I start to think about the weather and check extended day forecasts two weeks out, I keep up with the daily latest news in case a ride closes, or hrs. change, I check my daily "last minute" list which includes cat care, the mail checker, etc. Then I worry my feet will hurt a lot which is inevitable anyway so idk why i even 'worry' but it's my running thoughts. Oh, the biggest worry comes because I worry the trip will be over soon and I won't have another trip planned so that will suck. Yep...basically worry. sigh.

I've been too busy to worry the past couple weeks, but I know I will. I usually have nightmares, we miss our flight or I didn't make any FPs for our trip and I don't realize it until our trip is over.

I also worry about getting sick. It seems like every time we go somebody gets sick. On our first trip in 2010, my mother-in-law got a stomach virus on our last day, DH got it when we got home, but luckily DD and I didn't. On our trip in 2011, I had a awful cold and sore throat and was miserable for most of the trip. On our 2015 trip, DH had a bad cold and felt bad for the majority of the trip. The only trip we had where nobody got sick was 2013, but maybe that's because we went in June and the other trips were in the fall.

Our trip is so close (just 20 days away), that now I think wow in 4 weeks it'll all be over. :sad:

Well, just found out FP+ was released for TSM today for the dates we'll be there. I was able to change our RRC FP+ to a TSM one. Glad I was reading these boards tonight, otherwise I wouldn't have known.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter