What does 'transfer' actually mean ?

married2mm

DIS Veteran
On previous trips I was slightly more mobile; cane/walking/back to manual chair..

Presently,I am far less mobile as my condition has deteriorated.

I'm at a loss trying to recall where I could be pushed to the point of entering ride & stepping into the ride vehicles -or where I won't be able to ride as an actual walk is required.

Thanks in advance for any assistance/guidance.

I can't think of any ride that you can't take a manual wheelchair right to load. My dad uses an ECV so has to transfer to a manual on a bunch of rides but usually it's just a couple of steps from a manual wheelchair to the load vehicle.

Peoplemover, for one. Peter Pan can be problematic, as I recall- the walkway can’t be stopped.

The Peoplemover and Peter Pan moving walkways can NOT be slowed or stopped. All the other rides with moving walkways can be slowed or stopped, you just have to tell the cast member doing the loading what you need. At Haunted Mansion you may need to be very clear if you need the walkway totally stopped. If you are transferring from your wheelchair to the ride, remember that all the boat rides and Test Track require that you be able to step down into the boat/car and then climb up and out at the end of the ride.

The sticky at the top of this section has a wealth of information, https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...disabled-1st-trip-next-trip-wish-trip.595713/ and posts 11, 18-22 and 34 have all the information you might need about wheelchairs and rides, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter