• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What have you seen on the EA? (running thread)

I need some advice. I can rent a Full size for 140.00 with NO emerald isle or get an emerald club for 134.00 for an intermediate WITH emerald isle and take my chances on getting a full size or better. I have two reservations, there will be seven of us traveling. Is it worth risking the full size reservation of a full size vehicle to chance it on the emerald isle?

This is of course for MCO..arriving on 01/23/05 for 7 days

So if I book EA, is there a possibility that I can pick up a mini van or SUV if it's on the EA aisle. Or can I only pick a full size because that's what I booked. Back in the old days, you could pick up what ever you wanted, but I'm not sure now.

Nik's Mom said:
So if I book EA, is there a possibility that I can pick up a mini van or SUV if it's on the EA aisle. Or can I only pick a full size because that's what I booked. Back in the old days, you could pick up what ever you wanted, but I'm not sure now.

#1 to use emerald aisle you reserve an intermediate and then proceed to the EA. You may choose any car on that aisle.

If you are referring to Executive Aisle, you still reserve an intermediate and are guaranteed a full size.

If you reserved a full size car using EMERALD RESERVE, you proceed to the full size aisle and choose from there. The only way you can use emerald aisle is by reserving an intermediate....

Duds

mustang said:
I need some advice. I can rent a Full size for 140.00 with NO emerald isle or get an emerald club for 134.00 for an intermediate WITH emerald isle and take my chances on getting a full size or better. I have two reservations, there will be seven of us traveling. Is it worth risking the full size reservation of a full size vehicle to chance it on the emerald isle?

This is of course for MCO..arriving on 01/23/05 for 7 days

IF you need a full size, go with that ressie, but if you can get away with an intermediate if there are no upgrades on the EA, then go with the intermediate.

Keep in mind that you can use your Emerald Club membership for the full size rental. It is called Emerald reserve and you still get to proceed directly to the garage and the full size aisle. You pick your car and proceed to the exit booth.

duds

Maybe I will split the difference, keep one of the reservations Full Size. Then do the emerald isle for the other and take my chances.

Arrival 01/13/05-7:20pm
2 intermediate size cars and 4 mini vans, we took a Grand Caravan.. just Dh and I, 4800 miles. Also saw a convertable in the intermediate row... ( I wanted this, good thing we took the van, it rained 3/4 of our time!)

Departure 01/18/05 5:30pm
2 Azteks, 1 older 4 door blazer, 1 full size pickup truck and several ( a row full) of cars, all shapes and sizes, mostly intermediate. One PT Cruiser No Vans

is it better to go intermediate or Full size? I keep hearing of all these good things on the Intermediate.. is the great things on the full size too? or if I see something I like on the EA can I grab it even tho I paid for Full size.. DH REALLY wants a convertable.. what do you think?

I have reserved two cars under my EC with my name. I obviously can't drive both cars. Will they charge me extra to have my brother be the primary driver of one of the vehicles. I am attempting to avoid any problem when I get there.

Thanks

mustang said:
I have reserved two cars under my EC with my name. I obviously can't drive both cars. Will they charge me extra to have my brother be the primary driver of one of the vehicles. I am attempting to avoid any problem when I get there.

Thanks

The primary or additional driver for any car an EC member rents has to live with you. Their permanent address has to be the same as yours on their DL.

I would inquire with National as to whether you can rent 2 cars. My guess is that you cannot do this, but your brother can get a free EC membership through a link on the National page over at www.mousesavers.com

Duds

We rented 2 cars in August from National , NO problem. My husband drove one, I drove one. Both off EMerald Aisle, I paid for both as we drove out. For the time we went, I could not get a cheap minivan. I tried for 6 months, it was just a weird in between week for discounts......... We had 7 people, so it was an easier fit in the 2 cars as well.

On Jan 8th, we had our chioce of many intermediate cars on EA but also a few PT cruisers and a few 4 wheel vehicles. We took a PT cruiser. Rode well, good gas milage.
Thanks to this board I was always rechecking my rate and ended up with a one week rental for $121 total.

Used EA last Thursday night 1-13, (actually Friday morning due to the flight delays in the northeast) We got in at 2am and EA was empty (actually most of the garage was empty). We were given a choice of anything full size or above from either Alamo or National. I took the full size ext cab pickup (with 500 miles on it) as that's what I drive normally. 5 days 129.49

Arrived 1/19/05 around 6:00 PM, B Side. The aisle was pretty well stocked.
1 Fullsize extended cab pickup, 3 Chevy Trailblazers, lotsa Classics.
We took a Blue Trailblazer with 16 miles on it. $108 for the week with priceless and $20 coupon.

Got here on 1/23 around 1500 hours. Had one res for EA and one for Full size. All grand ams on the aisle and one Jeep Wrangler. Talked to the attendant and he gave me an Aztek, it was nice of him (Ten dollars went his way).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter