What household chore do dread the most?

Bathrooms and floors. The more time and the more carefully I clean them, the more random hairs, lint and dust I see I missed. Funny this thread is here today, as my wife has designated today our deep cleaning day.

Dusting and cleaning the tub/showers (we have 3) especially the shower doors.

if you have hard water deposits grab some 'brew rite'. it's made for cleaning the deposits out of coffee makers but if you mix it in a spray bottle with hot water and spray it on shower doors or anything that gets hard water deposits, let it sit for a few minutes and the stuff slides right off.

2 things that have greatly reduced prolonged shower and tub cleanings in our house-

squeegee in the shower (got a small folding one that sits next to shampoos). house rule is if you use the shower you have to squeegee the frameless glass door before you get out,

flushable wipes (but don't flush them!!!) near the tub. if you take a tub then when the tub dries out you take a couple of these wipes and do a quick wipe (even if it looks clean).

i agree-i hate dusting :crazy2: :crazy2:

I would say my all time least favorite chore is wiping down all the kitchen cabinets (oak) and all the banisters (also oak), with Murphy’s Oil Soap. I do this once a year (I used to do it twice a year) and I dread doing it again the minute I’m done - LOL! Everything does look nice when it’s finished.

Our house is very dusty, so that's frustrating. I could dust every day and it would still look dusty. I've put a lot of lace and doily type things on a lot of furniture. Not because I want it to look like granny's house, but because it makes the dust invisible.

I solve that by just never ironing anything.
I would despise ironing, but I very rarely do it. Even when DH needs a shirt ironed for a wedding or a funeral I tell him to do it himself. Neither of us dresses up for work so doesn’t really come up.
Cleaning the bathrooms. The toilets and sinks/countertops I don't mind but cleaning the bathtubs and shower stalls...ugh.
I also don’t mind sinks, counters even toilets, but I dread the tubs/showers.

Grocery shopping - so boring and irritating. Dusting - I swear as soon as done, 10 minutes later its back. Turning the mattress once a month - its sooooooooooooooo heavy

Putting away laundry or scrubbing the tub. Hair grosses me out and there is, inevitably, always hair in the tub. No matter how much I spray it down. We have a TINY bathroom and nobody else in our house can fit with their legs to be able to lean over the tub to clean it, so that is the one chore that falls solely on me...)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter