What is Chicken Gate?

IWISHFORDISNEY

<font color=darkorchid>Cant get enough of the mous
I have seen this term a couple of times. I cant find a reference on the archives list. Just wondering thats all. TIA.

I believe its a gate that lets you get out of line if you get second thoughts about going on an attraction.:scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

Dennis-

As I understand it, it has something to do with going from chicken strips to nuggets at some locations.

While I do now understand the stroller outrage, I'm still at a loss when it comes to the outrage over the change in a processed food's shape. :confused3

It was never a news item (I don't think), but Kevin mentioned it, and that the nuggets were actually quite good. :rolleyes:

Chicken fingers replaced with nuggets? :confused3 Or something like that.

Yeah I am not getting the difference either. Oh well good thing we dont eat them. LOL. I probably have the only 3 year old that eats sushi and not nuggets.

OMG! I thought my niece was the only toddler that ate sushi!

When I was visiting my niece (& the rest of her family!) a few weeks ago, I got a huge kick out teasing my brother-in-law's brother that his 2 year old niece was chowing down on the sushi & he wouldn't eat anything but the California Rolls! :rotfl:

I dunno, but if your kid pitches a fit because they get nuggets instead of strips, it MIGHT be time to think about teaching them about reality!

Oh my kid is very selective about his sushi. LOL. Everyone teases me.

If he ever complains about nuggets vs strips I guess he will starve that meal. Mama dont play that. LOL.

There was a big flap a couple of weeks back about Disney changing from the heavily breaded chicken strips to less heavily breaded chicken nuggets.

There was quite a bit of concern as to why they were doing it and were children going to starve without their chicken strips.

There was specualtion that it was due to Disney wanting us to be healthier and other conspiracy theories

So...I did on an investigation.....ok...I asked Guest Services....and got 3 or 4 ridiculous answers, may favorite being that chicken strips contained trans fat and chicken nuggets dont. I gently pointed out that the chicken is not born breaded and containing trans fat...but that trans fat is added as part of the cooking process and has nothing to do with the shape of the cooked piece of chicken.

It all finally boiled down to money......smaller pieces of chicken are easier to portion control. Larger chicken strips come in a variety of sizes and if everyone is to get three or four chicken strips and one of the strips is larger than the others....then the portion size varies meaning that the cost per portion also varies,

Smaller pieces mean more evenly sized portions and Disney loves evenly sized portions.

I (or one of the other Podcasters....but I'll take the credit) off-handedly referred to this craziness as Chicken Gate...and it apprently stuck.

There was a big flap a couple of weeks back about Disney changing from the heavily breaded chicken strips to less heavily breaded chicken nuggets.

There was quite a bit of concern as to why they were doing it and were children going to starve without their chicken strips.

There was specualtion that it was due to Disney wanting us to be healthier and other conspiracy theories

So...I did on an investigation.....ok...I asked Guest Services....and got 3 or 4 ridiculous answers, may favorite being that chicken strips contained trans fat and chicken nuggets dont. I gently pointed out that the chicken is not born breaded and containing trans fat...but that trans fat is added as part of the cooking process and has nothing to do with the shape of the cooked piece of chicken.

It all finally boiled down to money......smaller pieces of chicken are easier to portion control. Larger chicken strips come in a variety of sizes and if everyone is to get three or four chicken strips and one of the strips is larger than the others....then the portion size varies meaning that the cost per portion also varies,

Smaller pieces mean more evenly sized portions and Disney loves evenly sized portions.

I (or one of the other Podcasters....but I'll take the credit) off-handedly referred to this craziness as Chicken Gate...and it apprently stuck.

The insanity of it. I dont see a big difference. But the term is funny.

Yeah I am not getting the difference either. Oh well good thing we dont eat them. LOL. I probably have the only 3 year old that eats sushi and not nuggets.

I have the same thing with my middle child. sushi over nuggest and mussels over pasta at any italian place....hes odd....like his mother :rotfl2:

I snapped a photo of the new nuggets yesterday. As Kevin already mentioned they taste the same except they are in a nugget form and not a strip. They are smaller.

Picture206-1.jpg

I snapped a photo of the new nuggets yesterday. As Kevin already mentioned they taste the same except they are in a nugget form and not a strip. They are smaller.

Picture206-1.jpg

They dont look to bad actually. Thanks for the pic.

ahhh... chicken gate.

If i was ever that fussy when i was younger i would just go hungry! (or get a smack round the back of the head)

Now im older i get to be as fussy as i want. NO CHEESE PLEASE!!! (you Americans have an obession with chesse i will never understand)

Thanks for the pic I had visions of the pathetic chicken nuggets we get in the U.K. at a fast food chain that is world known.....
We actually love the chicken strips that we get in the U.S as we just don't get that good a quality Junk food shall we say :rotfl: :goodvibes :rotfl: :goodvibes .
Im all for healthy options but were on holiday I'm sure a few naughty choices aren't going to harm
Cornish Pixie

ahhh... chicken gate.

If i was ever that fussy when i was younger i would just go hungry! (or get a smack round the back of the head)

Now im older i get to be as fussy as i want. NO CHEESE PLEASE!!! (you Americans have an obession with chesse i will never understand)

<----guilty of having a cheese obsession.:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Chicken Gate! :lmao: I just die everytime I hear that! I was telling a lady I work with about it and now everytime I walk past her, she mumbles "Chicken Gate" under her breath and I crack up all over again. :rotfl2:

<----guilty of having a cheese obsession.:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

The more cheese the better!!!!!!!!

my Dbf calls me a cheese head and I'm not from green bay!!!!

Yuck!!!! :sad2: How can you like that stuff??

I find it very frustraiting trying to explain my eversion to cheese in American resturants. The conversation usually goes like this:

Me: '... and does that have cheese on?'
Server: ' I can find out for you, would you like some?'
Me: 'No thanks, no cheese please'
Server: 'Pardon?' (or what depending where i go, 'what???')
Me: No cheese please
Server: So no cheese??
Me: If its not too much trouble.
Server: *very strange look* oooook, i'll see what i can do

It usually ends with them looking very proud of themselves when they bring my order with no cheese. Don't worry, i congratulate with equal enthusiam!

I agree with Jeremy Clarkson on this one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter