What is deployment?

Justanopinion

Mouseketeer
Just curious as to what others defined as deployment.

I guess I would define it to assigned somewhere other than the US and maybe also assignments that don't involve training but I heard a lady last week refer to her husband going to Sea (C?) school for the Navy for 9 months and because she has chosen not to go with him she defined it as being deployed.

Am I crazy or this lady correct? TIA

Deployment—A military unit that mobilizes for contingency operations, usually in conjunction with wartime operations, United Nations peacekeeping operations, humanitarian operations, or training exercises. The length of the deployment can vary from a few days to many months.

She may be viewing it as a deployment since she is unable to go along with him. My husband did a 1 year unaccomanied tour in S. Korea but I didn't view it as a deployment. My husband is now in Iraq for 15 months... and that is definately a longgggg deployment.

Deployment—A military unit that mobilizes for contingency operations, usually in conjunction with wartime operations, United Nations peacekeeping operations, humanitarian operations, or training exercises. The length of the deployment can vary from a few days to many months.

She may be viewing it as a deployment since she is unable to go along with him. My husband did a 1 year unaccomanied tour in S. Korea but I didn't view it as a deployment. My husband is now in Iraq for 15 months... and that is definately a longgggg deployment.

This is correct. As stated above, you have be involved with a specific operation for it to be deemed a "deployment". :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter