What is on National's Emerald Aisle? *2011*

Keep playing with the rate. I have an Alamo Mid-size running $102 for 9 days and the same at National (EA) for $116. National was high until 2 weeks out. It dropped briefly but it's gone back up a bit since.

Thanks, I will keep checking National (and Alamo).

Wow, sounds like you had a good selection to choose from. Hope you find some sunshine and not all rain!!!

Nope, I'll probably never see elite! I think I only manage 50+ rental days a year....still too short. I'm happy with Executive! Thanks for taking time to post back while on vacation!

lots of SUNSHINE and warm no RAIN but that will change this weekend, it also has not been HUMID which is good for SEPTEMBER

we had to return our Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo today since the "oil change" light kept coming on....

when we did the exchange, we were amazed how many vans and suvs, they had on both aisle and executive ( must be the time of the year )

those people who are posting here about what their choices would be or who want that van or suv would have had no problem finding them today at least, but as always...it is a gamble depending on when your arrive

we continue to be happy with the service afforded us through National

our exchange vehicle was a NEW ( 50 miles on it ) Ford Edge Limited...very nice vehicle although gas consumption will be greater for a while since it is new

we are still pleased with the Egde and its ride

best of luck to all the other National Emerald Club people who are either on the Aisle or Executive

I really wish the National rates would come down. ;)I love being able to pick from the Emerald Aisle but I just booked an amazing rate on a Full Size car at Alamo. Only $184/11 days-complete! That is less than 1/2 the National rate on a Mid-size.
Hi Dizneydaz! It's good to see another DLR regular on this board. :goodvibes

You may know this already, but with Alamo, you get to pick your car too. You just don't have the variety of the Emerald Aisle (and maybe that's what you meant), but at least you'll get to pick from the fullsize section at Alamo. My first choice is always National EA, but my last two WDW trips have been with Alamo since they had better pricing for my dates, and I was able to pick my car--after checking in at one of the Alamo kiosks inside.

Their customer service reps are pretty helpful too. On my last trip, I reserved a fullsize from Alamo. When I got to the garage, they had one Town Car and a couple SUVs in the fullsize section. I was looking for a "normal" sedan and didn't need all the room of an SUV. I asked one of the Alamo attendants in the garage if they had any regular sedans coming out. He walked me over to the National fullsize section and told me to pick a car from there. That's when it really hit home that Alamo and National really are owned by the same company! And I was appreciative that they had that flexibility.

But fingers crossed that the National rates come down too! I'm checking daily for my trip at the end of October. :goodvibes

This question is for gmeh1.

I want to rent from National to use my Exec benefits and my American Express reward points. Unfortunately for my dates (Oct 4-12), I cant get anything under $200 for mid size or full w/exec aisle. I do have Alamo for the same time for a standard size for $97 out the door.

What I would like to know is by some chance do you put larger cars on the standard aisle? I know I won't get what I would get on the Exec aisle but if I cant get a decent rate for National I might have to go to the Alamo res. I want Exec because I will take a chance on getting some kind of 7 pass vehicle. (Please no flames here!!) If the Exec aisle doesnt have one then so be it. I am just looking at alternatives to National if the price doesn't drop soon.

Thanks very much.

Hi Joxer, Sorry about the delay in getting back to you, but, between moving and work, I have not had a minute.

No, you won't find what you would find on the exec. for a standard car. We actually do not have a "standard" aisle. Some reps. tell you to go to the midsize aisle, others tell you to go to the full size aisle. You probably will not find a 7 pax. vehicle on either one of the aisles just mentioned. Also, we rarely put 7 pax. vehicles on the Exec. aisle, National is geared to the business traveler and most business travelers do not want that type of vehicle. . The past two or three weeks have been exceptions to the norm. It has been a zoo. LOL Mini vans on the mid sized aisle, BIG SUVs on the EA. Crazy times.
I will tell you what I tell everyone. If you want a 7 pax.vehicle, you really should book that and not hope for "an exception to the norm".

Hi Joxer, Sorry about the delay in getting back to you, but, between moving and work, I have not had a minute.

No, you won't find what you would find on the exec. for a standard car. We actually do not have a "standard" aisle. Some reps. tell you to go to the midsize aisle, others tell you to go to the full size aisle. You probably will not find a 7 pax. vehicle on either one of the aisles just mentioned. Also, we rarely put 7 pax. vehicles on the Exec. aisle, National is geared to the business traveler and most business travelers do not want that type of vehicle. . The past two or three weeks have been exceptions to the norm. It has been a zoo. LOL Mini vans on the mid sized aisle, BIG SUVs on the EA. Crazy times.
I will tell you what I tell everyone. If you want a 7 pax.vehicle, you really should book that and not hope for "an exception to the norm".

Just to reinforce what the employee is telling you.. At DFW this week I went in and complained that ALL that was on the Executive Aisle were "SUVS' I know I can go to the aisle or the full size row, but IMHO it's good to remind the "management" that the bread and butter renters (who aren't paying $94 for a week) aren't happy. (I don't bother complaining to the attendant, they are not in charge) I did have to wait a while for my coworker and he "claimed" they were brining more cars up.... Well.... When I went back out there was ONE car LOL! (It was a Volvo so I took it and was happy)

I know that wanting to get some kind of 7 pass. vehicle on the either side of the aisle is going to be a crap shoot, but take a look at both National and Alamo for my dates, 10/4-10/12, the full size price is bad enough but look at the van prices. The base rate for the full size is $235 while the van is over $700! I am not going to get in to the fact that the prices for that week right now are atrocious and yes I know that Columbus day is in there but I've been through that already. As for Alamo, yes I can get a Standard for about $97 out the door. The van price is $670 out the door so you get my meaning. For that much difference I will take my chances on the Exec unless the van prices start to come down.

I know that wanting to get some kind of 7 pass. vehicle on the either side of the aisle is going to be a crap shoot, but take a look at both National and Alamo for my dates, 10/4-10/12, the full size price is bad enough but look at the van prices. The base rate for the full size is $235 while the van is over $700! I am not going to get in to the fact that the prices for that week right now are atrocious and yes I know that Columbus day is in there but I've been through that already. As for Alamo, yes I can get a Standard for about $97 out the door. The van price is $670 out the door so you get my meaning. For that much difference I will take my chances on the Exec unless the van prices start to come down.

Good luck. I've been in your shoes. It is such a Murphy's Law. When it's the 2 of us, there are vans and larger SUVs on the aisles, but when we need it, they are rarely there. Our last trip was 4 weeks ago and we really wanted something bigger, but not a minivan in sights on either of the 2 aisles.

Will you fit? The fact that it's Columbus Day I think also means it's "Jersey week" which IMHO greatly reduces your chances. the fact that prices are VERY high would also indicate "supply and demand" is hitting. In other words, National is selling lots of these and doesn't need to discount and won't have them on the aisle. This is not a "flame" but I am kind of concerned. You keep coming back to "7 passenger vehicle" but you are renting a four or five passenger vehicle.

Just how many folks do you have?

Will you fit? The fact that it's Columbus Day I think also means it's "Jersey week" which IMHO greatly reduces your chances. the fact that prices are VERY high would also indicate "supply and demand" is hitting. In other words, National is selling lots of these and doesn't need to discount and won't have them on the aisle. This is not a "flame" but I am kind of concerned. You keep coming back to "7 passenger vehicle" but you are renting a four or five passenger vehicle.

Just how many folks do you have?

FYI -- Jersey Week is the Veterans Day weekend. But I agree, holiday weekends are busy. Hopefully the poster has a backup plan.

I memory serves me correct, Jersey week is sometime in November this year so I dont think Columbus day will have the same impact as Jersey week.

Yes I am looking for a "7 passenger vehicle". That means a van or a SUV with a third row like the Durangos.

Like I said before I know I am taking my chances with the EA, but I have no other recourse. I cannot afford the minivan or full size SUV prices right now. If they come down to what I can afford then I will change my reservation. Cargo space is not an issue since the rest of my group is arriving after me and is taking ME. The return to the airport is moot because we will all be using RAC. My group size is 7 people. As a fall back, if I don't get the big car then the rest of the group will take ME back to the airport and YES I will contact ME if needed as soon as I know what my car situation might be.

I understand, totally, what you are saying, I was just giving you my "standard advice".
Good luck with your rental prices, I hope they drop and you get what you want or get lucky on the EA/EE.

I memory serves me correct, Jersey week is sometime in November this year so I dont think Columbus day will have the same impact as Jersey week.

Yes I am looking for a "7 passenger vehicle". That means a van or a SUV with a third row like the Durangos.

Like I said before I know I am taking my chances with the EA, but I have no other recourse. I cannot afford the minivan or full size SUV prices right now. If they come down to what I can afford then I will change my reservation. Cargo space is not an issue since the rest of my group is arriving after me and is taking ME. The return to the airport is moot because we will all be using RAC. My group size is 7 people. As a fall back, if I don't get the big car then the rest of the group will take ME back to the airport and YES I will contact ME if needed as soon as I know what my car situation might be.

I expect that they will be taking DME, but I am glad you have a plan. I have seen several families at both MCO and Southern California airports having "fits" because "we won't fit in what's on the aisle" (Just in case anyone ever rents from John Wayne Airport in Orange County. Assume there will NOT be an SUV on the aisle. Assume there will NOT be a mini van. Actually you may be doing good if there are cars... I rent from there a lot. Once there was a choice of "the camry" on the Executive and "noting" on the EA. Another time there was a choice of ... NOTHING No cars on either aisle, you took the next car that was brought up! Generally there are cars, but not the "vans/SUVs" And that creates "hysteria" about once a month)

I expect that they will be taking DME, but I am glad you have a plan. I have seen several families at both MCO and Southern California airports having "fits" because "we won't fit in what's on the aisle" (Just in case anyone ever rents from John Wayne Airport in Orange County. Assume there will NOT be an SUV on the aisle. Assume there will NOT be a mini van. Actually you may be doing good if there are cars... I rent from there a lot. Once there was a choice of "the camry" on the Executive and "noting" on the EA. Another time there was a choice of ... NOTHING No cars on either aisle, you took the next car that was brought up! Generally there are cars, but not the "vans/SUVs" And that creates "hysteria" about once a month)

You can pretty much assume there won't be a minin van or SUV on the aisle in Orlando, FL (also Orange county). Pretty safe bet that there will be cars, however. :)

Hi everyone!

B side on Sat Sep 10 at about 8pm, the emerald aisle was stuffed full! There were at least 2 volvos, the usual impalas/malibus and much more but sorry I did not take very good notes.....because I was so excited to find a Mazda CX-7!!!!

The CX-7 was a great SUV to drive, except it was 22mpg which is a gas guzzler to me. It was a 2012 model with only 400 miles on it and the new car smell.

Hi everyone!

B side on Sat Sep 10 at about 8pm, the emerald aisle was stuffed full! There were at least 2 volvos, the usual impalas/malibus and much more but sorry I did not take very good notes.....because I was so excited to find a Mazda CX-7!!!!

The CX-7 was a great SUV to drive, except it was 22mpg which is a gas guzzler to me. It was a 2012 model with only 400 miles on it and the new car smell.

How nice! :wizard: Good for you!
Thanks for the update! :woohoo:

When we arrived at 11:30 am on Saturday the Aisle was stuffed with cars! First year that has happened in awhile. Loaded with Traverse's (which we took) Suburbans, Chargers and many others!!

When we arrived at 11:30 am on Saturday the Aisle was stuffed with cars! First year that has happened in awhile. Loaded with Traverse's (which we took) Suburbans, Chargers and many others!!

I don't hold much hope for a Suburban or equivalent. There are NO "last minute" deals. I imagine, the EA will be slim pickings. I have a minivan, but would :love: a large SUV.

9 AM today (Friday 9/30) side B.

Emerald Aisle did have two mini vans, some of the smaller SUVs and your ususal assortment of cars (Did even see one volvo on there. Some Camrys, one Sonata, some malibus etc..)

Executive Aisle had a few bigger SUVs and nicer cars. (Buick, Volvo sedan, Volvo Wagon, G37, Charger etc..) I took the G 37.

Not sure anything was going to seat 7. Maybe the mini vans (but these were not extended mini vans) No Suburbans either.

And as for the "low mileage" Well my rental has 16K on it, so it's not one of the new 2012s but it's still very nice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter