What is on National's Emerald Aisle? *2011*

Ok guys. My turn.

Arrived 10/4 around noon and went to B side. Exec aisle had a pretty good selection! At least for me. I saw at least 3 Durangos, an Equinox, some Malibus and other larger cars. I first took a Durango. 3rd row seat, Sirius radio, back up camera the works. As I was making my way to the exit at the far end of the aisle I saw this big black thing. A lone Suburban! Well I parked the Durango next to it and moved everything in to the Suburban.
Wow! All I can say is huuuuuugggggeeeee. Leather seats power everything, you name it and only 6k miles. Drives like a dream.

I only had it for two days and when I went to fill up before return it took 7 gallons and I really didn't drive that far in 2 days. I'm glad I don't own one. I returned the car on 10/6 and picked up another. (Dont ask, I had to split my reservation to save some money. I won't go in to details but I am only paying half what the going rate was for the whole week).

Returned at A side on 10/6 around 10am and while the aisles were full, the Exec aisle had again 3 or 4 Durangos a Ford Flex and the usual sedans. The regular aisle had no vans and maybe an Escape or two.

Took a Durango this time and it was gorgeous. Clean, 6k miles, Sirius, back up cam, and an automatic rear lift gate.

Happy hunting!

OK ! We leave on Tuesday and have been waiting to see what all you good folks have been getting on Emerald Aisle. We have used the Aisle several times and loved how easy it is to get your car and go. We have always gotten a midsize SUV or larger car. The last one was a Kia Sorrento and we loved all of the room.
We have 2 reservations one with National for $238 midsize on the aisle and one with Budget for a mid size SUV for $213. If we don't hear soon about some good vehicles, we'll have to go with Budget. Enjoyed all of your info.. Thanks ! :confused3

Ok guys. My turn.

Arrived 10/4 around noon and went to B side. Exec aisle had a pretty good selection! At least for me. I saw at least 3 Durangos, an Equinox, some Malibus and other larger cars. I first took a Durango. 3rd row seat, Sirius radio, back up camera the works. As I was making my way to the exit at the far end of the aisle I saw this big black thing. A lone Suburban! Well I parked the Durango next to it and moved everything in to the Suburban.
Wow! All I can say is huuuuuugggggeeeee. Leather seats power everything, you name it and only 6k miles. Drives like a dream.

I only had it for two days and when I went to fill up before return it took 7 gallons and I really didn't drive that far in 2 days. I'm glad I don't own one. I returned the car on 10/6 and picked up another. (Dont ask, I had to split my reservation to save some money. I won't go in to details but I am only paying half what the going rate was for the whole week).

Returned at A side on 10/6 around 10am and while the aisles were full, the Exec aisle had again 3 or 4 Durangos a Ford Flex and the usual sedans. The regular aisle had no vans and maybe an Escape or two.

Took a Durango this time and it was gorgeous. Clean, 6k miles, Sirius, back up cam, and an automatic rear lift gate.

Happy hunting!

Thanks for the update! We too had the Suburban during our last trip (August 2011) and loved it. Yes, it had a drinking problem for sure. But we have a Ford Xplr and a Ford 350 PU at home, so we didn't blink an eye.

The current prices for National are so high, I don't think we'll see too many posts here. Seems most folks have abandoned ship and headed to Alamo. I'm holding 2 exact reservations and will have to decide soon which to keep. I have a full size with Alamo for 300 and a full size with National for 500 (but can choose from the Executive aisle). I still have 8 more days before I arrive, so still hoping for some price drops. Right now the same reservations are nearly double what I originally booked. Hoping to see some price drops after this holiday weekend is done. BTW--my reservation is 2 weeks...which is why the prices are higher than some folks are posting.

Ok guys. My turn.

Happy hunting!

We also took the durango, but we had it all week. It was so comfortable and I loved the back up camera. That particular model starts at $42,000! A little thirsty on gas, but made up for it with comfort!;)

Thanks for the update! We too had the Suburban during our last trip (August 2011) and loved it. Yes, it had a drinking problem for sure. But we have a Ford Xplr and a Ford 350 PU at home, so we didn't blink an eye.

The current prices for National are so high, I don't think we'll see too many posts here. Seems most folks have abandoned ship and headed to Alamo. I'm holding 2 exact reservations and will have to decide soon which to keep. I have a full size with Alamo for 300 and a full size with National for 500 (but can choose from the Executive aisle). I still have 8 more days before I arrive, so still hoping for some price drops. Right now the same reservations are nearly double what I originally booked. Hoping to see some price drops after this holiday weekend is done. BTW--my reservation is 2 weeks...which is why the prices are higher than some folks are posting.

Just a quick question, to make sure I am on the same page. If you have an EC reservation, why is it for a full size? Do you have an Emerald Reserve ressie? If so, you can only select from the full size row.

Our EA, both reg and exec. have been incredibly busy as of late, don't set a prediction on what is reported here, some of our renters have never heard of the DIS (scary thought, eh? :) )

Just a quick question, to make sure I am on the same page. If you have an EC reservation, why is it for a full size? Do you have an Emerald Reserve ressie? If so, you can only select from the full size row.

Our EA, both reg and exec. have been incredibly busy as of late, don't set a prediction on what is reported here, some of our renters have never heard of the DIS (scary thought, eh? :) )

Executive club members are guaranteed at least a full size for the booking price of a mid-size. So no matter what is on the Executive aisle, I know the smallest I would get would be a full size vehicle.

Emerald club members are guaranteed a mid-size car.

But you know all of this. So I either will get a full size w/Alamo, since that is what I booked. Or the lowest I can get with my Exec. membership is full size. No I'm not booked with Emerald Reserve.

I am sure the aisles are busy this weekend with the long holiday weekend and with all of the celebrations going on at WDW last weekend. Most of us regulars know how quickly the aisles can change. My friend always comes in late on Fridays and everytime she gets in, the aisles are nearly empty, so she never has much of a selection.

Executive club members are guaranteed at least a full size for the booking price of a mid-size. So no matter what is on the Executive aisle, I know the smallest I would get would be a full size vehicle.

But you know all of this. So I either will get a full size w/Alamo, since that is what I booked. Or the lowest I can get with my Exec. membership is full size. No I'm not booked with Emerald Reserve.

I am sure the aisles are busy this weekend with the long holiday weekend and with all of the celebrations going on at WDW last weekend. Most of us regulars know how quickly the aisles can change. My friend always comes in late on Fridays and everytime she gets in, the aisles are nearly empty, so she never has much of a selection.

Got ya!!! Your original post confused me. Thanks for clearing that up. :)

It has been CRAZY the last few weeks, and I can only imagine what it is like this weekend. I don't go back in until Sunday, thank goodness. :)

We arrived around noon, yesterday and was hoping to find a 7 passenger SUV, Minivan or Crossover. Nothing, nada..but as I was leaving, a Acadia/Denali turned the corner....very nice, 5K miles with leather seats.:yay:

I was able to cancel my Minivan ressie and saved $300.:thumbsup2

One word of caution...

Most consumers think the "Malibu" is a midsize... and maybe to Chevy it is. But to a rental car company it's a full size. In other words, your version of "full size" and the car companies are not always compatible. It's something to keep in mind when figureing out what size car you really need.

We arrived around noon, yesterday and was hoping to find a 7 passenger SUV, Minivan or Crossover. Nothing, nada..but as I was leaving, a Acadia/Denali turned the corner....very nice, 5K miles with leather seats.:yay:

I was able to cancel my Minivan ressie and saved $300.:thumbsup2

You were so lucky!! Side A or B? Regular Emerald Aisle or Executive Aisle? Sounds like a very busy weekend for rental cars.

You were so lucky!! Side A or B? Regular Emerald Aisle or Executive Aisle? Sounds like a very busy weekend for rental cars.

B side/Executive, but Emerald and Executive, pretty much had the same vehicles.

.... I have a full size with Alamo for 300 and a full size with National for 500 (but can choose from the Executive aisle). ..

Well tomorrow is my turn. I am happy to say that my National rate finally dropped this week. On Tuesday afternoon during a very small window of opportunity, my National/Exec. Aisle reservation dropped from $500 to $343 and I booked it very quickly. Only to see it jump back up hours later. I guess it was meant to be. So I cancelled my Alamo reservation and will happily pay the extra to stay with National. I get the opportunity to choose from the aisle(s), and will be able to keep my Executive status to 2/2013, and get 2 more free rental days (rewards and 1,2,3 promotion). I'll post my findings over the weekend after I get settled in for my long 2 week stay!!

Well tomorrow is my turn. I am happy to say that my National rate finally dropped this week. On Tuesday afternoon during a very small window of opportunity, my National/Exec. Aisle reservation dropped from $500 to $343 and I booked it very quickly. Only to see it jump back up hours later. I guess it was meant to be. So I cancelled my Alamo reservation and will happily pay the extra to stay with National. I get the opportunity to choose from the aisle(s), and will be able to keep my Executive status to 2/2013, and get 2 more free rental days (rewards and 1,2,3 promotion). I'll post my findings over the weekend after I get settled in for my long 2 week stay!!

That is GREAT!!!! I hope you have a wonderful vacation.

defected to alamo, booked standard/full size

10/1 approx 10:30 am, side B, a ton of cars...

mostly chargers, impalas & surprisingly 2 mini vans

we pounced on the only nissan altima on the aisle:banana:loaded & sweeeeet!

It had the keyless ignition and we couldn't find the wipers :3dglassesso we put luggage in trunk/back seat & DH went in search of an attendant while i chilled in front passenger seat. Another renter plopped down into driver's seat and asked me why I was sitting there:rolleyes1I was prepared to bite his hand if he touched the key fob...attendant told him to keep looking.:thumbsup2

I arrived side A yesterday (Sat. 10/15) @ 11:00AM

I got a Ford Expedition/LE off the Executive Aisle. The Executive Aisle had a great selection. In addition to the expedition, there was: durangos, Traverse (crossover?), T/C minivan, a variety of SUVs, and a large variety of vehicles (a towncar and similar other premium cars) :cool1:

On the regular Emerald Aise: mostly cars, a few small SUVs (I saw an Edge and a Jeep but not many). No minivans or anything larger.

...mostly chargers, impalas & surprisingly 2 mini vans

we pounced on the only nissan altima on the aisle:banana:loaded & sweeeeet!
For those of you who pick sedans on the EA, what are your favorites among the usual suspects? I got an Altima at LAS earlier this summer and enjoyed it's sporty drive a lot. :thumbsup2

Among the more common sedans found on the EA, are there any favorites that DISers like?
>> Impala, Malibu, Camry, Charger, Avenger, Corolla

We're arriving on a Thursday night around 8pm. Would this be considered a busy or quiet time at National? When are the National lots full or cars and when are they empty? I arrived at Indianapolis on a Tuesday after midnight about 3 months ago and there were no cars in sight. I was wondering how the return and restocking works.

We're arriving on a Thursday night around 8pm. Would this be considered a busy or quiet time at National? When are the National lots full or cars and when are they empty? I arrived at Indianapolis on a Tuesday after midnight about 3 months ago and there were no cars in sight. I was wondering how the return and restocking works.

Depends on the time of year, how many rentals and returns we have and how quickly they are "turned around" in the prep. area.
It is an impossible question to answer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter