What is still hard to find?

I went to the first store in months. We get all our groceries delivered, but I just felt antsy, and wanted a few extra things. It is kind of a small store that sells some clothing, household items, and a selection of some food. It’s called Giant Tiger here. I was happy to get new summer PJ’s and a sundress.

We have never missed toilet paper or paper towels in our orders, and last week wal-mart replaced our Lysol wipes with their own brand.

Today at the cash in bins were tons, like tons of purell, I was 😳. I picked up 2 large pumps at 4.99, and 2 tiny purse ones at 1.25, and then at the cash was Lysol spray and microban, so I bought one can of each. I was delighted!

It felt really nice to get out, and this is a quiet store, I was glad they had those items, and didn’t see a thing missing. Toilet paper was full, aNd all food items.

My office chair that I have had for at least 15+ years broke the other day. I thought I could get by with just using a regular chair in front of my computer for awhile, but sitting on one for more than a few minutes at a stretch was really starting to bother me. We looked at Costco a couple of days ago, and they didn't have a single office chair anywhere. Last night, we stopped by Staples. I really need to sit in a chair to make sure it will be good for my back. While there were a number of chairs to sit in and try out, very few of the "good" ones are actually available for purchase in store. They have all sold out, as so many people have realized that this event could continue for a long time and they wanted/needed good office chairs to use while they work at home. At this point, it looks like I will have to hope that one of the chairs I looked at last night will be available to order online. I need to check reviews, etc. first. I'm adding that to my "To Do" list for today, because I can't continue to work on a dining chair for much longer.

Reasonably priced hand sanitizer. It’s $4-7 for 8 ounces. I thought they used to be $10/gallon before?
I never once in my life bought hand sanitizer or anything like it, before Covid but now it might as well be it’s own budget line.
Whats up with all this stinky and expensive hand sanitizer lately?..
And gone is the 1.00 kind who knows if it will ever be back
I was spraying hand sanitizer on the kids that smells like cheap vodka
:rolleyes1It may well have been cheap vodka, or something very close. Around here local distilleries and microbreweries jumped on the bandwagon of producing hand sanitizer very early on when it was difficult to find. They package it up in whatever they were using to bottle their liquor (bad idea in my mind) and it’s mostly quite expensive - $21 for a long-neck beer bottle size at my grocery store.

The only thing my grocery store was missing today was hand soap......I don't need it, but always check.
A lot of the prices are very high, I don't really need anything so hopefully they will come down sometime.
And no more senior hours........at least I don't have to be there at 6 am anymore.

My office chair that I have had for at least 15+ years broke the other day. I thought I could get by with just using a regular chair in front of my computer for awhile, but sitting on one for more than a few minutes at a stretch was really starting to bother me. We looked at Costco a couple of days ago, and they didn't have a single office chair anywhere. Last night, we stopped by Staples. I really need to sit in a chair to make sure it will be good for my back. While there were a number of chairs to sit in and try out, very few of the "good" ones are actually available for purchase in store. They have all sold out, as so many people have realized that this event could continue for a long time and they wanted/needed good office chairs to use while they work at home. At this point, it looks like I will have to hope that one of the chairs I looked at last night will be available to order online. I need to check reviews, etc. first. I'm adding that to my "To Do" list for today, because I can't continue to work on a dining chair for much longer.

My husband has/had the same problem. He's working from home and needs a new office chair. Our Staples had a few in boxes out in front of the store, but they didn't look like they would last long with much use. He had found one on Walmart he wanted a couple of weeks ago, but by the time he decided , they were out of stock. He's found a couple on Amazon, but he hasn't decided what he wants yet. The same is true of laptops, printers etc. None of the stores here have any, and most of them are out of stock online too. Good luck trying to find one. You have to be comfortable when working, or you will be too stiff and sore from that dining room chair to get much work done!

My husband has/had the same problem. He's working from home and needs a new office chair. Our Staples had a few in boxes out in front of the store, but they didn't look like they would last long with much use. He had found one on Walmart he wanted a couple of weeks ago, but by the time he decided , they were out of stock. He's found a couple on Amazon, but he hasn't decided what he wants yet. The same is true of laptops, printers etc. None of the stores here have any, and most of them are out of stock online too. Good luck trying to find one. You have to be comfortable when working, or you will be too stiff and sore from that dining room chair to get much work done!
We've found good office chairs at our local thrift stores in the past. Haven't had to look recently, however.

For office chairs, do a bit of searching to see if there is an office furniture or hotel furniture liquidator in your area, or auction house. They almost always have lots of office-type chairs.

Also, try your company to see if you can take home the one that is in your regular office. Lots of companies are permitting employees to borrow them to use at home (most office buildings do have maintenance employees on-site at least part-time, who could let you in.)

My office went to a mandatory work-from-home back on March 13. When it became apparent that we were going to remain that way through at least the end of May, they gave us a temporary benefit allowing for a modest stipend to reimburse designated office equipment we may need to establish our home office workspaces. The first thing I ordered was a chair, as I'd been using a wooden chair at my dining table. Even then I wasn't finding many options in my price range that were immediately available. I wasn't too fussy, though, as I figured anything would be an improvement over the wooden chair. I'm very glad I got one, as we just got got extended on the WFH through at least Labor Day, and any return to office after that would be in phases and not everyone all at once.

I am just starting to look for an office chair. The one I have is in terrible shape and very uncomfortable. My company is making noise about converting me to full time work from home since I am not in a hub office for my division. I really want to go back to the office and have submitted justification to return as I really do need a separation of work and home, as well as not having a great set up for working at home.

I went to Staples online yesterday mid-morning and decided to order one of the chairs that I had tried out the night before. The chair I wanted was $50 less online than the price tag at the store, plus they shipped with free delivery. The order said that it should arrive this upcoming Wednesday (so six days after I ordered). This morning, someone rang my doorbell at 9:30 am. It was a gentleman dropping off my chair already! When I commented about how I wasn't expecting it until Wednesday, he helpfully suggested that he could take it back and just bring it back later. :rotfl2:

I have my team of engineers working to assemble it right now and I will hopefully be sitting comfortably within the next few minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter