What is still hard to find?

Can't find regular paper napkins. I have not seen any in stores for a very long time. I finally ordered tissues from Amazon and may have to order napkins as well.

MJ

Our grocery store has a party section with wrapping paper & themed paper products. I was able to find a few packs of napkins there when things were really bad here. They were smaller packs, but there were several there. I think everyone forgot about that section of the store.

I think over the last week, 3 different stores, I have seen everything (well, not masks or gloves, but I didn't look for those).
Sanitizer and Lysol spray was $$$. I passed

Disinfectant wipes of any kind
Disinfectant cleaner of any kind
Bleach and bleach cleaners are hit or miss
Non-latex gloves
Masks seem to be here and there but in person pickup only which makes no sense for high risk people

Vent- I've been isolated been since Feb. How is it possible there is no provision for prescription availability for N95 masks? It's not "a thing" for a Dr. to be able to prescribe me and people like me a mask (high risk is anyone on medicines that treat autoimmune disease by inhibiting the immune system, people who are fighting cancer, elderly etc) I bet most people don't realize that there is no protocol for getting masks, it's a free for all. How is this unchanged? I don't even care if ins pays for it, I can pay for it but I can't compete with millions of people when there is no distinction made between me and people like me v the rest of the world. That is all, end vent :(

Yes, I know people say there is no difference for general public but I'm not so sure high risk people wouldn't benefit from the N95 kind - doesn't make sense. If it helps a high risk Dr/Nurse I would think it would help high risk everyday people too.

Still have not seen Clorox wipes, gloves, or hand sanitizer.
Although a local brewer made some hand sanitizer that our local Kroger was selling. The problem is it doesn’t come with a pump or spray which you need in order to use.
Went to Costco last weekend and people had Lysol spray in their carts. Employees said the stack was cleared out within ten minutes of opening. Needless to say we didn’t get any.

My grocery store had tons of hand sanitizer the other day, but still no cleaning wipes.

I also didn't find the dishwasher packets I like, or any vanilla.

I found a sizable bottle of hand sanitizer with pump at the gas station checkout of all places. I was so surprised, I asked, “Is that for sale???”
I purchased it with glee and left feeling like I needed to watch my back.

I found a sizable bottle of hand sanitizer with pump at the gas station checkout of all places. I was so surprised, I asked, “Is that for sale???”
I purchased it with glee and left feeling like I needed to watch my back.
Early on in the pandemic I found purse packs (10 wipes each) at the souvenir stand at a tourist place we were visiting. I would have bought them all (I think there were about 10 of them), but my husband only let me get 2 of them.

We went to Costco yesterday at opening, I saw people with Lysol wipes, but we looked around while shopping before heading to the back and they were already sold out within 30 minutes of opening. I saw one guy get told by a Costco employee that he was only allowed 1 per day, it seemed to me that he must have already bought one pack and then returned to buy another.

I had been able to find Clorox wipes on the Sam’s club website awhile ago but that seems to be gone. They changed their website language from “this product may be periodically out of stock” to just “out of stock”

I gave up trying to hunt constantly for wipes or sprays and just bought some “natural” system that somebody told me was awesome ages ago. It was quite an expensive buy in because you have to buy this machine but the capsules that make the solution are reasonable. Luckily I got it on discount and I’m more worried about convenience than price at this point.

I was super skeptical because of all the natural claims but it’s on the fda approved list of cleaners though it needs 10 minute contact time vs the 4 for chlorox. Not really a huge deal and I don’t have to worry about trying to hunt down disinfectant.

I hate hate hate gel hand sanitizer and had always used the towellette kind but those are gone. Luckily Honest did a restock of their unscented spray hand sanitizer and I was able to order several of those.

I had been able to find Clorox wipes on the Sam’s club website awhile ago but that seems to be gone. They changed their website language from “this product may be periodically out of stock” to just “out of stock”
It's been "out of stock" and "not within 150 miles" here on the website for my local Sam's club for at least a month and a half.

we've seen national news reports from clorox and lysol that say that any kind of semi 'normal' return to grocery store shelves will be mid to end of the summer at best.

that said-i suspect that even if/when items return to shelves they will be in short supply b/c even absent 'upticks' in cases over the summer, the projections of a second wave starting in november have people scrambling to gather supplies-NOT TO HOARD-just to gather basic supplies to meet a month or twos needs.

Last edited:
DH went to Von's today. Reported that things looked better than they have there in months. Paper goods were in full supply, including TP, PT, tissues -- all name brands. Only napkins seemed to be missing. Lots of soap, for dishes and hands. Dairy and frozen foods looked good. Plenty of pasta. Baking supplies looked good. He didn't check the meat. Said cleaning supplies and disinfectants still looked sparse. But things are definitely looking up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter