What is the difference between Boulder Ridge and Copper Creek?

Does anyone know the different is size between the 2? In particular the 2BR Villas. Based on the pictures that are in the DVC mail we received the CCV villas look smaller. Kind of disappointed no pull down bed in the CCV villas

But at Beach Club, there's Beach Club and Beach Club Villas. So why not Wilderness Lodge and the Villas at Wilderness Lodge? And as far as the converted hotel rooms, aren't AKV owners eligible to book at Jambo, converted hotel rooms, or at Kidani(which is more like the Villas at Wilderness Lodge). However, different ending dates would make it make more sense (sort of). Otherwise, it's just so confusing to me. Maybe I'm just easily confused.

That's what it was at WL prior to adding this newest component. Disney's Wilderness Lodge and The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge. Apparently Disney thinks they needed to change that. Some of us will always be VWL owners.

Jambo and Kidani were meant to be one and have the same end date. If DVC had added CCV to VWL it would have only had 25 years on the contract vs 50 they are selling for PVB. How would they have sold that? Or they would have had to force an extension for VWL owners and how would that have gone? Much like OKW I expect.

I don't like the change of names and don't really think it helps with confusion but the real problem goes back to deciding to add another DVC component to a site that already had one. The names are a by product of that decision.

The Wilderness Lodge rooms were 340 Sq. Ft. The DVC studios at VWL about 356 sq ft. Since the CCV are re-fitted hotel rooms, they will be at the 340 sq ft size. About the same as the AK-Jambo value studios. That's why they only sleep 4, no room for any more, like the value studios at AK-J

Does anyone know the different is size between the 2? In particular the 2BR Villas. Based on the pictures that are in the DVC mail we received the CCV villas look smaller. Kind of disappointed no pull down bed in the CCV villas

As mentioned those WL rooms were reported to be 340 so if you extrapolate 3 of those used to make up the 2BR and compare to the reported 1083 sq feet for a VWL 2BR it's going to be approx 63 sq feet smaller. However the layouts are different so it's difficult to say what it will actually feel like when you're in there.

The difference is 0.79/per point dues. :cool1:

But at Beach Club, there's Beach Club and Beach Club Villas. So why not Wilderness Lodge and the Villas at Wilderness Lodge? And as far as the converted hotel rooms, aren't AKV owners eligible to book at Jambo, converted hotel rooms, or at Kidani(which is more like the Villas at Wilderness Lodge). However, different ending dates would make it make more sense (sort of). Otherwise, it's just so confusing to me. Maybe I'm just easily confused.

Jambo and Kidani were built together, planned together, marketed as a unit, and, realistically, Jambo mostly exists because conversion was faster than the Kidani build, so they could open Phase I faster and get points a-selling. Obviously, the property FKA Villas at Wilderness Lodge has been sold out for a long, long time, and adding a "phase 2" would be problematic in a number of ways as it would represent a material change in the property interests of the Phase I owners, who purchased with no knowledge of a future Phase 2, because no one had knowledge of a Phase 2 at that time because it didn't exist even in planning stage.

And that's before you even look at RTU dates.

DVCNews provided an estimate of room sizes based on information provided in the Declarations, see http://dvcnews.com/index.php/resort...eek-villa-details-point-requirements-and-more. At 345 sg ft, most CCV studios would be close in size to BLT studios at 340 sq ft, too small for the murphy bed arrangement. The size of the small number of "alternate" studios with two rooms is anyone's guess. The 1BRs will actually be larger than BRV (formerly VWL) 1BRs, 761 sq ft for CCV to 727 for BRV, but placing the the dividing doors between the 1BR and studio for the 2BR lock-off in the living room prevents having the twin size pull out chair. The combination of the smaller studio but larger 1BR appears to leave the 2BR lock-off at CCV about 25 sq ft larger than the BRV 2BR.

The WL rooms were 340 Sq. Ft. unless they have a room stretcher, the 1 BR will be 340 x 2 or 680 Sq Ft. I think the DVC news numbers are incorrect.

The WL rooms were 340 Sq. Ft. unless they have a room stretcher, the 1 BR will be 340 x 2 or 680 Sq Ft. I think the DVC news numbers are incorrect.

Maybe, but I was measuring from the condo drawings that I downloaded. There was definitely room for error. The old interior walls were torn out completely and the rooms redesigned. Measurements could be different than the old rooms. I was disappointed that DVC did not include the square footage in the brochure for CCV. They have for other DVC resorts in the past.

I agree with Kat4Disney, the feel of the room can be completely different because of the layout. We will just have to wait.

Does anyone know how many room will be available in the new Copper Creek resort? I know that the original VWL (now called Bolder Ridge) only has 181 units making it one of the smallest DVC timeshares. I wonder how many units the new Copper Creek section will have?????
Best wishes,
David

Does anyone know how many room will be available in the new Copper Creek resort? I know that the original VWL (now called Bolder Ridge) only has 181 units making it one of the smallest DVC timeshares. I wonder how many units the new Copper Creek section will have?????
Best wishes,
David
DVCNews.com is reporting the following based on the condo declaration:
Rooms: 184 (max 212)
Dedicated Studio: 13
Dedicated One Bedroom: 15
Dedicated Two Bedroom: 72
Lockoff Two Bedroom: 40 (Each can be booked separately as One Bedroom + Studio)
Three Bedroom Grand Villa: 6
Cascade Cabin:26

Last edited:
Best wishes,
David

BRV has rarely had availability problems, unlike VGC or VGF (both smaller).

Except of course during the entire month of December when the holiday decorations are up and VWL is very difficult to book without the 11 month window.
True, but generally the thing about "it's small!" tends to mean hard to get.

11/12 months of the year, this has not been true, and even if larger, I suspect that 12th month would be a beast.

Rooms: 172 (max 212)

However, I believe that is based on the assumption that each floor will have the same configuration as others in the declaration. Not all resorts, including VWL, have that so it's still possible it may be a bit different.

Is the new pool with bigger slide going to be at old WLV where the springs pool use to be?

Is the new pool with bigger slide going to be at old WLV where the springs pool use to be?

The old Springs pool was ripped out and is being replaced by a bigger one but there won't be a slide. The only slide is the same one at the main pool.

Rooms: 172 (max 212)

The Master Declaration says there are a total of 184 vacation homes, but based on the declared floors 5 & 7 and one GV on the 4th floor, wdrl and I were not able to find the last 12 vacation homes. It is possible that there are more dedicated studios and 1BRs on the other floors. Or that DVC is turning the old Concierge lounge area into more villas. We just do not know until more floors are declared.

Can those staying at Boulder Ridge use the Copper Creek amenities and vice versa (pools)? It would appear to be the case but want to confirm. We just put in an offer on a resale Boulder Ridge and it went over to Disney today for ROFR. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter