What is the difference between Boulder Ridge and Copper Creek?

Thank you all! I forgot about the actual hotel Wilderness Lodge. Glad to hear we'll have full use of the new pool! Things have definitely changed since our last visit back in 2015.

These are refereed to as "shared, or common" areas. The effect on ones dues is that they are DECLARED as "shared, or common" areas.
The pool at Bolder Creek has always been a shared area.
Sturdy Branches, if shared with CC, is now a SHARED area.... BC dues for this should thus go down, shared between CC and BR.
New Restaurant is a SHARED area... Hotel, BC, and CC.

Now - worth noting.... "shared" areas were declared in your original DVC contract. Be on the lookout for any attempt to unilaterally alter a contract.

These are refereed to as "shared, or common" areas. The effect on ones dues is that they are DECLARED as "shared, or common" areas.
The pool at Bolder Creek has always been a shared area.
Sturdy Branches, if shared with CC, is now a SHARED area.... BC dues for this should thus go down, shared between CC and BR.
New Restaurant is a SHARED area... Hotel, BC, and CC.

Now - worth noting.... "shared" areas were declared in your original DVC contract. Be on the lookout for any attempt to unilaterally alter a contract.

Sturdy Branches has always been shared with the hotel so there shouldn't be much of a change in that allocation except some going to the new cabins now.

Have annual dues ever decreased at a resort? Just curious at how likely a reduction at Boulder Ridge would be.

Have annual dues ever decreased at a resort? Just curious at how likely a reduction at Boulder Ridge would be.
Right after we bought our first OKW points in 1997, our dues went down a few cents for a few years. Then they went up and haven't gone down since. We've never had our points go down at VWL before it was renamed Boulder Ridge.

I am curious - how long do Christmas decorations typically stay up at Boulder Ridge/WL? We will be there the week of Jan 2nd, 2018 thank you

I am curious - how long do Christmas decorations typically stay up at Boulder Ridge/WL? We will be there the week of Jan 2nd, 2018 thank you

We ate at Whispering Canyon on 1/4/17 and they were still up.

Considering that property taxes are being jacked up across the resort and that the higher taxes are already baked into the dues at CCV, I wouldn't expect a decline at BRV any time soon unless Disney wins a tax appeal.

Considering that property taxes are being jacked up across the resort and that the higher taxes are already baked into the dues at CCV, I wouldn't expect a decline at BRV any time soon unless Disney wins a tax appeal.

If legally Disney has added the new pool and restaurant to BRV, our DVC property tax will go up and Disney's might go down. Unknown how Disney allocates most of the DVC operational costs with shared functions.

:earsboy: Bill

Basically its just another resort that you can buy into... I own at Wilderness Lodge (now Boulder Ridge).. even though Copper Creek is on Wilderness Lodge ground I do not own there and only have a 7 month window to make reservations there..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter