What is the longest you have left your pet alone at home for?

Leota is super spoiled, she's only been left for about 2 hours so far. She is only about a year old.

Dexter and Elke we used to be able to leave for 8ish hours. Didn't feel as bad about it because they had each other.

Outside, in the yard? All day long. Inside, well then I'd say the max would have been about 6 hours probably.

About 8 hours and that has probably only been twice in 7 years. Normally if we leave her alone it's only for a couple of hours. That is rare as well, she is a little yorkie and we pretty much take her everywhere with us, she loves Lowes and PetSmart and drive thrus.

12 hours
She had a super bladder in her youth.
She’s not a real social dog and I think she likes it best when we’re not home - LOL!

Our dog also has a bladder of steel. We rarely do it, but can leave her for 10 or 11 hours if needed. Feeding her is much more of an issue than letting her out. Quite often, even if we're home all day she only goes out twice a day. I find it kind of amusing because when I take her out for a mid-day walk she pees every 4 feet, but if I try to just put her out for a quick potty break she has no interest, or apparently need.

Last edited:
My cat, 4 or 5 days a couple times. He has automatic water, automatic feeder, and an automatic litter box, all with battery back up.

My dog us spoiled, maybe 5 hours? She’s almost 11 and has a bladder of steel which helps when we get over a foot of snow and she won’t leave the house.

I have two cats. We've left them overnight, but if we're gone longer than that, we have a friend who comes over to feed them and scoop the litter box.

Max is about 8 hours (we know they can go that long without accidents since they have no issue making it through the night). But we try not to go over 4-5.

We would leave our dog for 9 hours during the work day prepandemic. Then we worked from home and he was a happy camper dog.

Overnight but even longer if we had more than one. I only had cats and discovered that a cat that was alone tended to get into more trouble than a pair or more. I believe that they get lonely or bored if they are by themselves. Not that they would ever admit it. ;)

Probably 7ish hours, but that’s only happened a few times. We got our pup in April 2020 and already WFH prepandemic so there’s just no reason for her to be alone for long stretches. She’s a big, high energy dog but will play the 15 minutes of brain games we leave her when she’s left home alone and then simply sleep the rest of the time, whether that’s 1 hour or 5.

They (dogs) can be counted on for up to 12 hours if needed, a few times we have been out for around 14 by mistake, no accidents within that time frame.

Growing up we left cats for days it seemed like

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter