What is your city known for?

I already posted about Savannah, but I wanted to show off how many movies have been filmed here:

Forrest Gump
Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
The General's Daughter
Glory
The Legend of Bagger Vance
Jurassic Park
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Cape Fear
Something to Talk About
The Gingerbread Man
Forces of Nature
Kiss of Fire
Wild America
The Gift
The Ordeal of Dr. Mudd

I just saw Robert Redford today, who is here filming his latest film "The Conspirator"

We have a famous producer who lives in Savannah. Stratton Leopold, and this may be a reason why Savannah is chosen so much for location.

Or it could be that Savannah is just so beautiful, it speaks for itself.

We are home for Paula Deen, love her or leave her, she is from here too.

I live in a small town of less than 10,000 people.

In 1987, some piece of xxxx murdered a woman and her two young kids. 22 years later, when I tell people where I'm from, the response is still, "Oh, isn't there were that murder was?"

The only other thing we are known for is a bunch of antique stores.

If I am thinking about the right town, I think this is the town I grew up in. What town is it? Does it happen to be Georgetown?

Townsend, Massachusetts

I love history, and something interesting about Townsend, MA, during the Revolutionary War, when the redcoats marched upon troops at the Concord/Lexington green, 73 volunteers from Townsend marched to Concord, and turned the tide of the battle, and this was one of the first major victories of the Revolutionary War because of the men from Townsend. They then marched back to their town and ousted the Tories/Loyalists that were in Townsend. Very historic area.

45 minutes max! Dear lord how slow do you drive? And yes, Cedar Point is actually in Sandusky, but its a heck of a lot closer to Toledo than it is Orlando! :guilty:

I'm just going off of Google Maps, dear. :lmao: I tend to have a lead foot. I tell people that you can get from Columbus to King's Island in 45 minutes (which I've done), but everyone swears it's at least an hour and a half. :rolleyes:

Peekskill NY

• The Facts of Life was based here
  • The Binney & Smith Company, now makers of Crayola started here in 1864
  • The Peekskill Riots of 1949
  • Actors Mel Gibson, Paul Reubens and Stanley Tucci were born in Peekskill
  • Basketball stars Elton Brand, Hilton Armstrong and Mookie Jones are Peekskill High School graduates
  • We are a stone's throw away from Indian Point which is the nuclear power plant.

When I saw Peekskill and before I read down the list, I was like...ah the Facts of Life....

All we need now is a visual aid post from Wally.....;)

One fabulous blonde god! :flower3:
You got that right! :yay:
I live in a small town of less than 10,000 people.

In 1987, some piece of xxxx murdered a woman and her two young kids. 22 years later, when I tell people where I'm from, the response is still, "Oh, isn't there were that murder was?"

The only other thing we are known for is a bunch of antique stores.

don't forget the evans shoe store, and the settle shop :thumbsup2
been antiquing in that area too :)

don't forget the evans shoe store, and the settle shop :thumbsup2
been antiquing in that area too :)

That is hilarious. Hopefully you don't know DH. He drives one of those cars with blue lights on top.:lmao:

Have you ever been to Cliff's in the center of town? I used to work there.

Let's see...my hometown of Chicago:

Well, only one fact matters...Chicago is the birthplace of one Walter Elias Disney!!!

San Francisco, California
Gay people...lots and lots of gay people :laughing:

Roach.gif

I think if you call the exterminator- they can spray for that!
:rotfl:

I thought gay was a euphamism for really, really happy? I guess WDW is filled with gay people all day long!:thumbsup2

hmm....well, Orinda, CA....all I know is that the creator of The Sims lives here, somewhere.

not as exciting as that great city to the west (San Francisco haha!)

Washington Township, NJ is a fairly small town (3 sq. miles, just under 9,000 residents). It is home to "Seven Chimneys," a house with (you guessed it) 7 chimneys, where George Washington stayed during the Revolutionary War. The town has also been home to author Mary Higgins Clark, actor Jeffrey Nording, and Green Bay Packers player B. J Raji.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter