• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is your favorite attraction at Epcot?

3boys4me

DIS Veteran
I really feel like I don't give Epcot a chance. We go and kind of walk around and leave. Maybe because you don't really see the attractions. What am I missing? What is your favorite ride or attraction at Epcot? We are going in November for 10 days and I have 2 planned for Epcot. Let me hear it. What do you really enjoy there? Thanks

We rode Soarin 5 times! That is our favorite! But we love walking around the World Showcase, however we have commented that there should be more to do back in that area. We love the live shows and enjoyed Kimpossible this time, but the kids get bored and they love trying new foods, etc. We did mission Space and enjoyed it, but once was enough. We allowed one full day for Epcot and went back for dinner one night--that's enough for us.

Oh, Test Track is the kids' favorite ride there.

Take your time through the World Showcase. This can be more than a day all by itself. I'd been there five or six times and thought I had seen everything, when I came upon a whole area in Morocco I had never seen before! Stop and watch the Candy Lady in Japan. Make sure you see The American Adventure and watch the fife and drum corps. Go to see the movies in France and China and Canada -- they're spectacular. Don't just hurry through it and use it as a walking path -- slow down, wander through each exhibit and enjoy it! This part of Epcot isn't the place for thrill rides, but you'll be thrilled if you take your time.

I too am a big fan of Soarin'. I could pass up the Finding Nemo ride, but I really enjoy walking through the Living Seas portion of that building. I've never really spent a lot of time walking through Innoventions, but that's on my list for the next time I go. There's so much to do in Epcot! If you give it a chance, you'll enjoy it.

Erin

It wasn't our favorite park but DD (5) and I both just loved Soarin'. We did it twice right away and would have happily gone one or two more times but didn't want to wait.

We love just looking around, the music, the side shows etc.

But attraction wise we love Soarin', Spaceship Earth, Ellens Energy Adventure (the dinosaurs are so cool) & Turtle Talk with Crush (kids & adults love this!)

Have fun!

I really like the Living with the Land ride. I know it is kind of dorky but it is one my favorite rides. The animatronics show at the American Pavilion and the Ice Station Cool (I think that is what it is called) are also on my not to be missed list.

Soarin' is my favorite attraction. Epcot as a whole is our favorite Park. We spend the majority of our trips in Epcot and still don't "do it all" Just in the Land alone, there are 3 attractions. Then Test Track, Mission:Space, Ellen's Energy Adventure, Spaceship Earth, The Living Seas with Nemo, Turtle Talk, Journey into Imagination, Innoventions Club Cool, Kidcots....that's all just in FutureWorld.

Then in World Showcase, you have all the countiries, Gran Fiesta, Maelstrom, the American Adventure,Kim Possible, the movies in China, France & Canada, Mo'rockin, Off Kilter, British Invasion, the different shows & streetmosphere in each country, Illuminations....

It's more than we've ever been able to do in one trip.

Just slow down & don't focus on only the big E Ticket Headliners, there's tons of little stuff that's just as good.

We love the whole of the Living Seas Pavillion, Nemo, Turtle Talk, dolphin viewing, and seeing all of the other fish and sea creatures that they have there. The kids really love it too.

DH loves Test Track and Mission Space too.

This was a tough one for us!! We all picked different things... as far as attractions go.. I LOVE Soarin'!! My sister(23) and my brother (12) are for Test Track.. and my boyfriend (25) is all for the intense side of mission space!!

We also love the WS...we couldn't decide on a favorite country..My sister really loved Mexico!! We have never spent an entire day at EPCOT and can't wait til' our next trip so we will be able to take our time!! I have never ridden Spaceship Earth and can't wait for that one!!:thumbsup2

I really feel like I don't give Epcot a chance.

I completely agree with you, but once i devoted a full day to Epcot I got to see just how wonderful the park is. Now two days may be pushing it for me but depending on your group size you may need it. I'd give one day to reading ALL the rides, seeing all the shows, and just taking in all the knowledge:wizard:. On the second day tour the worlds. Take your time to view each countries education center some have movies (no longer then 10mins) some even have mini rides !!!

No matter what the age is everyone can really enjoy Epcot.

I'm going to move this to the Community Board. Thanks Rich

Spaceship Earth was my favorite as a kid and I still love it. I also love this park at night. Like the other one's it just has a different feel.

I gained a new appreciation for Epcot and the World Showcase when we went last April.

I enjoyed Test Track and Soarin' (although not the queue!). My real discovery was World Showcase. I was so relaxing to walk about the different countries and see different cultures and traditions. We also enjoyed a couple of different drinks around the countries too :thumbsup2

We dined at Le Cellier and loved it! Cannot wait to go back and eat there next May. My two favourite places to visit were the Canada and Japan pavilions, they were wonderfully themed.

When we would go when I was younger I would despise going to Epcot because I thought I was back in school learning!! Than my parents would let us go to Innoventions and my sister and I had a blast.
When we started going back to WDW in 2006 I grew to absolutely love Epcot!! It really is a relaxing park for me. I love everything about it now. We just got back a week ago and I went to Epcot twice. Once with my husband to do all the exciting rides...Soarin (wonderful), Test Track and we even tried Mission Space this time. Then my husband wanted to go see GI Joe over in DTD and dropped me off at whatever park I wanted to go to and it was a very easy decision...EPCOT.
Since I was by myself I did everything in 5 hours. All the countries which are amazing. I also did some wine tasting. Than I did Future World. I love Test Track. No waiting in single rider.:banana: I also stopped and watched the fountain and Illuminations.
To the OP enjoy your wonderful trip and have a great time at Epcot. I can't wait to go back.:woohoo:

Hubster and I always love a trip to EPCOT! It is the only park he will visit without a complaint!! Lol. We are actually going on Tuesday to celebrate his Birthday!
We always make it a point to do SpaceShip Earth for me, Mission Space for him (i wont go) and Test Track for both! We think Soarin' is a great ride but the wait always kills us so we usually skip it! The World Showcase is always the best part of our day! I LOVE Morocco and Japan! I could spend all my time in both those places! Hubster likes Germany *i made reservations shhhhhhh* and Norway! Take the time to explore the shops and nooks and crannies of each country! There are amazing Murals and tile work in the back streets of Morocco. Japan has the most AMAZING shopping! Norway has to die for pastries and yummies at their bakery! As bad as it sounds I have alwasy found The America Pavillion Lacking although I LOVE to listen to the singing. But on a whole....lame! Enjoy your day and just take your time... dont rush it or you will miss all the good parts!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter