What is your opinion on the United Kingdom?

There used to be a British Comedy that was titled "Waiting to Die". I'd say that is where I'm at now. I'm only in my seventies and everyone tells me that I'm young, but reality has the odds stacked against me. Just to be clear, I'm not looking for any sympathy, because I am surprisingly calm about it. I have lived a long and mostly happy life. I have stayed pretty healthy until recent years, I have a family that loves and cares about me, but I'm tired. I haven't had a hard life in particular, but no one can say that extreme wealth was my downfall. I can accept that my time is limited and I really don't want to go beyond the point where I can no longer be independent. I feel as though I've been rode hard and put away wet. I don't have a problem with hanging around as long as I can still function on my own. I'm less scared of dying then I am about being unable to do things on my own. Sorry if this was too morbid, but we all have to face this at some point in time and no one that isn't a little long in the tooth should even be thinking about it yet, but life is a series of transitions. This is just one of them.
I am kind of in the same place and I'm only in my 40's. From the outside my life looks perfectly normal and doable - no major trauma. But I'm tired.

Did you quote the wrong person? I know what reddit is, I've been on for almost 9 years. "What Fresh Hell is This?" is the name of my current life chapter.

Ya I did, I thought for some reason that the OP responded to me, I think I was still half asleep. Question still stands though, it just seemed coincidental that the same thing was asked on reddit just prior. BUT it doesn't matter, I was just curious if OP posted it there also.

Waiting. For my 92 year old mother-in-law from Hell to kick the bucket so all of us can get our own lives back. Constant 24/7 care since February of 2020 has been a nightmare. Waiting for my 65 year old husband to retire next May. He’s looking forward to not working but not looking forward to having to take care of his mother even more then he does already. Waiting to be able to just enjoy our lives again. I’ve been watching our 3 granddaughters for over 10 years although mostly just school breaks and summer vacation now. Seems like all we do now is work and take care of grandkids and elderly parents.
Even though I do understand the feeling, I now know that a lot of the things I was upset about with my elderly parents are now things that I am experiencing. Karma can be nasty.

Even though I do understand the feeling, I now know that a lot of the things I was upset about with my elderly parents are now things that I am experiencing. Karma can be nasty.
I understand what you’re saying but you don’t know my mother-in-law. I’ve known her over 40 years and she’s always been a nasty bitter old b*tch. She refuses any outside help to give her “kids” who are 65-71 years old themselves a break. She says that’s why she had kids. She doesn’t appreciate anything. Her own kids are wondering when the nightmare will end. I’ve already told our son that I WILL NOT put him through what she and my father-in-law, who passed last November, have done. I’m totally ok with going into a nursing home if necessary. I will not make my kid practically give up his life to take care of of me.

Yup.

Two clinical internships in grad school - both were Sept to May about 20 hours per week and unpaid. Then I waitressed on the weekends too bc I actually did need money and I was taking classes at the same time.

Now I work for free bc I volunteer at an animal shelter and I love it.
They seem to control the workplace quite a bit over there I think; seems like in the US internships can be a bit easier to come by; I may be wrong...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter