What Is Your Restaurant Must-Do?

The 3 my family has been doing almost every trip lately:
Ohana
Artist Point
Sanaa
And Boma breakfast as runner up

The 3 dream picks that I would like to go to:
Artist Point, Jiko and Tiffins with Cali Grill as runner up.

Last edited:
Our must do is Rainforest Café. We have been taking kids there since they were toddlers (and they all had to have the plates to take home of Tiki etc.)
Now that they are teenagers/college age it feels more like tradition than anything to do with the food.
As a joke they always order the slushes with the animal heads. It cracks me up because any other time they are "too cool" to do such a thing.
It's a great photo op in there....but as always very loud with the storm and the animals shrieking

We love the gift shop too. pixiedust:

Narcoossee's
California Grill
'Ohana
Every trip - Hoop de Doo Revue!
Disney's Spirit of Aloha (we call it the Luau)
Cape May Buffet

We've eaten at Marrakesh every trip since 1991!
Boma if we're staying at AKL or have a car.
Other than that, I have a list of places I want to try and some I'd like to return to. My trips are always just too short to do all the eating I want!

Magic Kingdom-Tony’s is back for on our favorites list after a very good meal
Epcot-Via Napoli
HS- 50s Prime Time & SciFi are both musts for my kids
Animal Kingdom-Yak & Yeti, Satuli Canteen
Disney Springs- Morimoto
Hotel- California Grill

My family and I went to WDW in August of 2016 and it was the first time I had been since 1985, so I can't say I have any "go-to" dining choices. However, I can say which ones I will certainly be reserving for our next trip (and no I won't be waiting 31 years to go back, I have the FEVER NOW!). Here are the ones we did that week and what I thought.

Chef Mickey's - My kids are super picky so they enjoyed this. Hopefully we'll skip it next time. Food was pretty pedestrian (to use Pete's word)
T-Rex - Again, the kids loved it, and the food was way better than I thought it would be from a Rainforest Cafe style restaurant
Whispering Canyon - Good food, great atmosphere, especially for a first time guest. I would eat here again
Via Napoli - The rest of the family didn't care for it, but I enjoyed it.
1900 Park Fare - Character interaction was pretty spectacular (the step-sisters knocked it out of the park). Food was okay. Worth it for the experience
Ohana - Great food. Great atmosphere. Probably my favorite of the whole trip
Mama Melrose - Better than expected. Great theming and pretty good food.

We go through phases.

It used to be Narcoossee's. We still love it, but it gets tiring after a while.

Right now it seems to be Ohana. It seems to get placed into every conversation.

Having had Homecomin', it's a "must-do again" restaurant.

For me, I love Polite pig and will go back (even if it's by myself)

Ohana is our number one choice EVERY trip! We also like Be Our Guest (Lunch) & Liberty Tree Tavern at MK, 50's Diner at HS, Teppan Edo or Via Napoli at EP and Tusker House at AK. Our favorite at DS is Wolfgang Puck Express.

For us as of our last trip ...
CP for breakfast
Yatchman's for a dinner
Mama Melrose lunch
Homecomin for dinner & / or lunch
Polite Pig dinner &/or lunch
WPE dinner & lunch

If you asked a few years ago Chef's for lunch would be on the list but they went to an All day menu. So many of the things we liked are gone (Quiche, Crepes and Fish sandwich ) & the current menu doesn't appeal to us for lunch. We have found service at park restaurants better at lunch.
So we have dinner at DS or a resort TS.

YESSS!!!! We miss the Quiche so and seem to be the only people that loved it so much!!

We don't really have a must do because we like trying different places but we almost always end up at:

Lounge at HBD, I love me a chef salad and glass of wine.
Spice Road Tables, seems we get hungry around 3 and don't want lunch or supper so small plates from there work well.
Nomad Lounge, we just love this place and get a couple of small plates.

Two of your "Must Do's" are on my list of new places to try for our upcoming trip. The HBD Lounge and Nomad Lounge...not sure how I always passed these by!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter