What not to do at Disney?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LovesTimone

Christmas Day 2017
When reading all the wonderful ideas and information on the board.I know each of us has seen something or witnessed something that you could not believe that someone would do at Disney or in public. So I was thinking about sharing those moments.
Please remember to use only disney friendly terms. This is for fun.

Well here's mine " What not to do at Disney" - .
My DH, DD, DD-Bff, DBL, DN, and myself where at typhoon lagoon and this woman was playing with her children as they came off the slide near the wave pool. No problem there, My husband and I were being lounge chair lizards and noticed a group of men, young men and boys intently watching the slide, I said to my husband I wonder what they are watching, well about that time she gave us a "rear end" view the string that covered her "rear end" was about the size of a thread.( very south beach) First let me say that she had a very nice shape, and did look great in the suit. But the show that she was putting on was really not family oriented. I know that everyone has the right to wear whatever, but it should be appropriate. The lady next to me looked up to see what we were talking about and found her DH and 2 sons staring. Needless to say she was not happy. The crowd of men was so noticeable that one of the CM came over and asked what was going on? The poor young girl turn about 3 shades of red, she walked off then about 2 minutes later a other CM came out and spoke to her and she went and put on some bottoms.

We saw a Mom breastfeeding her child - not so descretely on a bench by the large fountians in EPCOT. We thought she and her baby could find a more secluded place to breastfeed her child. This was during the Flower and Garden festival in EPCOT.

Thin white pants in the rain or on a water ride are a poor choice if you wish to remain modest ;)

Don't fight! I hate to see couples and parents fighting! It's WDW the happiest place on Earth! I always try to be in a good mood while i'm there and ignore certain things that would normally aggravate me while i'm in WDW.

If I never again see a parent yelling at a child over some small, minor matter that boils down to the parent being tired and cranky and taking it out on the kid it will be too soon, but at Disney? I think it should be a felony offense; heck, I think for that one thing we should bring back horsewhipping.

Don't change your kid out in the open then rinse it off in the drinking fountains a la the baby bidet.

Don't let your kids, or anyone else for that matter, pee in the shrubbery.

Don't yell at a CM because you "didn't know" about FPs. I watched a girl get verbally beatdown by some crazy in the standby line at TSM because "I waited 2 hours and you keep letting those people in the other line go in first because you like playing god!!!!!":confused3

Don't cut in line

Don't go without ADR's and freak out because you can walk into the popular restaurants.

Those people who discretely try to step passed you in line, like you won't notice? Yeah, I see you. Stop. We're all waiting the same amount of time as you, have a little bit of patience. I know how we all tell people to start taking walks before they come to Disney so they'll be ready, I think people should start training their patience too. Go to the bank on Friday after everyone gets off work and just wait in line. It'll teach you patience.

Don't change your kid out in the open then rinse it off in the drinking fountains a la the baby bidet.

Don't let your kids, or anyone else for that matter, pee in the shrubbery.

Don't yell at a CM because you "didn't know" about FPs. I watched a girl get verbally beatdown by some crazy in the standby line at TSM because "I waited 2 hours and you keep letting those people in the other line go in first because you like playing god!!!!!":confused3

Don't cut in line

Don't go without ADR's and freak out because you can walk into the popular restaurants.

gross

dont do something bad on purpose then act stupid.

dont cut lines

these go back to a story:
we were at universal and could do the fast line since we were staying in a universal resort (the royal pacific) well were getting in ilne for men in black and we see a girl and a boy probably in there early 20's hiding behind a tree. as were walking up we see them jump over the fence to get in the fast line and go in obviously not realizing they check to see if you have hotel cards twice in line (once at the beginning and once at the end of the line) so i say to my dad "did they just cut" and he says "ya but it doesnt matter theyll get caught forget it". so we get to the second card checkpoint and the lady checking asks them "wheres your card" the girl gives her this face and says "o this is the fastline right?" we all just looked at her like "yes" she says "my mom is in a wheelchair and has our cards because she couldnt get on the ride due to her disability" my dad notices her lying and says "you cut the line we saw you" she starts flipping out at my dad and the guy she was with says "give up we got caught" wellll the lady checking the cards let her in anyway!!!!!!! i was furious :mad:anyway of course when we got off the ride we saw them leave alone. no one in a wheelchair. to top it off as we were walking by the ride later we saw some1 enter... in a wheelchair.

Don't try to squeeze between my two children to watch the parade at the last minute while we have been sitting there for one hour. :mad:

Don't change your baby on the bathroom floor - gross! :rolleyes1

Don't sit on someone's ECV to get a better view of the parade. :confused3

Don't use your hands to get things off the buffet. The tongs are there for a reason people!!

Don't use fastpasses from years past.

All of these happened and they are only the ones that immediately came to mind. I'm sure I could think of more if time allowed.

I will never use a pool towel again at POFQ, after witnessing a woman change a child's diaper, while laying on a pool towel ( on a lounger). Plus.......wait for it...... she used the pool towel to wipe the "doo-doo" from the child's behind. Double Gross!!!!!!

We saw a Mom breastfeeding her child - not so descretely on a bench by the large fountians in EPCOT. We thought she and her baby could find a more secluded place to breastfeed her child. This was during the Flower and Garden festival in EPCOT.

A mom feeding her baby was offensive to you? Sad. :sad2:

I was talking to DH he said to post this one for him.
Don't over drink at Epcot, get on the bus and and start having way to much PDA. No one wants to watch you act like,2 sucker fish and a octopus, Please Have respect for the young children and families that are on the bus, or for that matter don't do it in the park either. We witnessed this on more than one occasion.

Grosssssssss:rotfl:

Don't walk through a smoking area and choke and gag and wave your hand in front of your face. You have a map use it and besides you are OUTSIDE...get over it.

As for the breastfeeding...there is a place for that and it is not in public!!! Find a private spot and be discreet cover the child with a blanket. NOONE wants to see your ****s!

Don't walk through a smoking area and choke and gag and wave your hand in front of your face. You have a map use it and besides you are OUTSIDE...get over it.

As for the breastfeeding...there is a place for that and it is not in public!!! Find a private spot and be discreet cover the child with a blanket. NOONE wants to see your ****s!

Breastfeeding is a natural and beautiful experience that should be celebrated, not criminalized. No mother should ever feel ashamed or be forced to go into hiding to feed her baby!

Plan ahead, get to the parade routes early....Don't sit in front of people that were there first. Taller people can always stand behind and lets the kids and moms sit. Be careful when pushing a stroller...don't hit the ones walking ahead of you. Smokers need to smoke in the designated areas only, nonsmokers please stay away. Hold on to your children, not everyone in the parks is a nice person, we've found a bad one at the Disney Studios. When riding the bus or other transportation, let the lady holding the baby or older guests sit. If you have a seat, maybe you can hold your child and offer a seat to someone else. When ordering food in the parks, know what you want before getting to the head of the line, keep the line moving. Remember the CM's are there to help and a Thank You sure goes a long ways. The most important "do" is have fun:grouphug:

Not cancelling a reservation is bad. Some family would love to take your place but the restaurant is waiting for you to get there. Not cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter