What not to do at Disney?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pointing the finger at my own family :thumbsup2

Let me start by saying we live in a fairly rural area on about 28 acres. When my DS4 (at the time) would be outside playing with his siblings he would occassionaly follow his older brother to stand behind the barn and... ahem, urinate. Fast forward through a winter of indoor plumbing use only, we find ourselves in Epcot.

You guessed it! While traveling through world showcase, DH and I stopped to consult the map. When we were finished we looked up to DS4 deeply entrenched in foilage off the path. Little blonde head sticking out and his pants around his knees.

Now, I couldn't find anything in the rule book :confused3 but I'm pretty certain that this is a Disney no-no :thumbsup2

Breastfeeding is a natural and beautiful experience that should be celebrated, not criminalized. No mother should ever feel ashamed or be forced to go into hiding to feed her baby!

Yes bresatfeeding is natural and a beautiful experience to between mother and child..not the rest of the world!! Just saying..keep it covered!!!

I will never use a pool towel again at POFQ, after witnessing a woman change a child's diaper, while laying on a pool towel ( on a lounger). Plus.......wait for it...... she used the pool towel to wipe the "doo-doo" from the child's behind. Double Gross!!!!!!

:scared1: OMG. That is unbelieveable!

I'm pointing the finger at my own family :thumbsup2

Let me start by saying we live in a fairly rural area on about 28 acres. When my DS4 (at the time) would be outside playing with his siblings he would occassionaly follow his older brother to stand behind the barn and... ahem, urinate. Fast forward through a winter of indoor plumbing use only, we find ourselves in Epcot.

You guessed it! While traveling through world showcase, DH and I stopped to consult the map. When we were finished we looked up to DS4 deeply entrenched in foilage off the path. Little blonde head sticking out and his pants around his knees.

Now, I couldn't find anything in the rule book :confused3 but I'm pretty certain that this is a Disney no-no :thumbsup2

:rotfl2: Not right, but still funny. My friends son (also 4) sleepwalks and confuses the kitchen trash can with the potty :eek: they are planning a WDW trip for next year- hope he grows out of it before then :)

As for the breastfeeding...there is a place for that and it is not in public!!! Find a private spot and be discreet cover the child with a blanket. NOONE wants to see your ****s!

You have been a member since 2006 and this is what you chose to post? Please show some tolerance. You eat in public, don't you? Why shouldn't a child?:mad:

Let's respect others opinions, while I don't share that opinion that does not make the poster wrong, just different. Everyone has a right to their own opinions. :goodvibes

Don't walk through a smoking area and choke and gag and wave your hand in front of your face. You have a map use it and besides you are OUTSIDE...get over it.

As for the breastfeeding...there is a place for that and it is not in public!!! Find a private spot and be discreet cover the child with a blanket. NOONE wants to see your ****s!

I just don't get it smoking is OK and it is offensive if people walk through it showing their distain but breastfeeding isn't OK. You do not have to look if you are offended. When was the last time you complained about a Victoria's Secret commercial or the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit edition? You see more of those women's breasts and bodies than you usually see from a breastfeeding mother, and yet nobody seems to have a problem with seeing women strutting in their lingerie on a commercial during their favorite family sitcom. Obviously, most people in this country have no problem with the female form portrayed in a sexualized manner that is probably the problem. It's only when breasts are used for their intended purpose that most people get offended.

I was talking to DH he said to post this one for him.
Don't over drink at Epcot, get on the bus and and start having way to much PDA. No one wants to watch you act like,2 sucker fish and a octopus, Please Have respect for the young children and families that are on the bus, or for that matter don't do it in the park either. We witnessed this on more than one occasion.

Grosssssssss:rotfl:

Or in the hot tubs!! We saw a young man with his hand up a young woman's bikini top at the CR hot tub. The whole main pool area was full of kids. I walked over and told him to get a room because no one wants to see that. They left a few minutes later.

I know I should've had a lifeguard do it but I'd rather have them watching the pool.

Breastfeeding is not offensive as long as the mother covers up that is all I'm saying. There is no need for everyone to see her breasts in public. Just as I don't want to see what kind of underwear a guy is wearing that has his pants around his knees.

The reason I haven't posted before on this board is because I perfer another site and just thought I would revisit this one. Guess I will go back to the other board where people can respect someone opinion!!!!

Breastfeeding is not offensive as long as the mother covers up that is all I'm saying. There is no need for everyone to see her breasts in public. Just as I don't want to see what kind of underwear a guy is wearing that has his pants around his knees.

The reason I haven't posted before on this board is because I perfer another site and just thought I would revisit this one. Guess I will go back to the other board where people can respect someone opinion!!!!

as I mentioned before: Don't bring that fight here... you will NOT win.

let's get back on topic.

I'll mention one: Do not bring your mug from 3 years ago and fill up at the fountains.

I breastfed my daughter and in a way I admired the women who just pulled it out and did what needed to be done. I couldn't even breastfeed my daughter in public covered up...I just lack the confidence. I must admit I find it a little shocking but mostly because I could never do it myself.

When on a bus, don't let your kid take up 2 seats, and if you have a small enough child and the bus is crowded, just let them sit on your lap.

As for breastfeeding, WHO CARES! There's naked women all over tv and I don't see many objections to that. There's nothing wrong with feeding your child...get over it.

And what's the big deal about using mugs from 2 or 3 years ago? :confused3
If we bought new mugs every year that would be about an extra $70 a year on mugs! Yes, I know it's not just for mugs, its for the drinks and I really do appreciate it. But disney's not going broke just because I don't get a new one every year, they're making thousands and thousands of $$ from me going 2-3x a yr.
If they're in good condition, I'm re-using them!

And what's the big deal about using mugs from 2 or 3 years ago? :confused3
If we bought new mugs every year that would be about an extra $70 a year on mugs! Yes, I know it's not just for mugs, its for the drinks and I really do appreciate it. But disney's not going broke just because I don't get a new one every year, they're making thousands and thousands of $$ from me going 2-3x a yr.
If they're in good condition, I'm re-using them!

Every time you steal from Disney, their profits don't go down their prices increase. so you complaining that you can't afford the mugs and "have" to use the old mugs means that you are stealing from everyone around you who are using the correct mug.

Don't push it if you are getting sick, take a day to rest. I learned the hard way and ended up having to take the auto train home because I was too sick to drive.

as I mentioned before: Don't bring that fight here... you will NOT win.

Disney World bends over backwards to provide wonderful, comfortable places for mothers and babies to breastfeed. Why would someone not want that? I'm all for breastfeeding but there is a time and a place for it.

Disney World bends over backwards to provide wonderful, comfortable places for mothers and babies to breastfeed. Why would someone not want that? I'm all for breastfeeding but there is a time and a place for it.

There sure is! And the time would be - when the baby is hungry, and the place would be - wherever you are at that time. (assuming, of course, that safety isn't an issue.

Breasts have been around for a lot longer than bottles, get used to them, they aren't going away. :)

I think when the bus is crowded, you should have your small child to sit in your lap to give a seat for someone that is having to stand. My husband & I always had our kids (both 8 yrs old) to sit in our lap to give someone a seat.

When watching the parades, we would get there early to get a good seat on the Main St. curb. Once the parade started, my husband & I would stand (let our kids stay seated) and would ask other small children that would be
standing behind us have a seat in our spot.

As for breastfeeding. I agree I don't think anyone will win that debate, but I can give my opinion, right?
I don't mind breastfeeding, yes it's natural. But, I don't want to see a totally naked breast out in public. Keep it covered. Just like peeing is natural, but like people have said on this post, we don't want to see someones bottom or wee wee peeing in public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter