What Popular WDW Thing Just Doesn't Do It For You?

Well... hmmm... I don't like Character Meals. How's that? Or Whispering Canyon Cafe.

I pretty much like everything else. :goodvibes LOL!

My DH and I haven't liked any of the shows - Indiana Jones, Nemo, Fantasmic, Lights, Motors, Boring ;) - don't know what it is, we just can't get into them (maybe it's the sitting down when all we want to do is keep exploring). Thankfully, there is so much going on at Disney that there's something for everyone. That's why we love it! And all the walking in the nice weather, of course!

OK, I thought of one other thing I strongly dislike, ok maybe I actually hate it, yep I do. I can't spell it but its the Rapids ride in Animal Kingdom. Every single time we have gone on that ride I end up under the waterfall. Not just for a sprinkle or two but for the full blown, head to toe, drenched to my skin SHOWER! I hate it. It ruins the rest of the day for me. I walk around with my hair drenched, my clothes actually dripping, my shoes squish out water with every step and I just keep repeating I wanna go home (not home home but resort home). I've said each time I'll never go on it again and somehow I get talked into it *** it just can't happen to me again and guess what.... it does.:confused3

I don't get pin trading. What do people do with those things when they get home? Character meals are nice, but way over priced. Last trip we gave the boys a choice between an extra souvenir or a character meal. They went for the souvenir.

I really don't get the Hoop De Doo Revue. So not worth the money or time.

I don't love the Lights, Motors, Action show-one time and I never have to go again.

I also don't get Cirque De Whatever. I hate the circus and I know it is not the same. I just am not interested in seeing it at all.

The fact that the Speedway at MK is still there is baffling to me. They could use that space for so much more. Or at least upgrade it.

We're not big fans of AK, seen better zoos and feel like it's a waste of our time. It always seems like it's 100 degrees hotter there, too!!:confused3

I don't want to wait around an hour for a parade, we are all about the rides and cool shows. Although one thing I really enjoyed on our last trip to the world was The Carousel of Progress. I did see the first time we went but I really enjoyed it. I think as time goes on they need to add to it. I think it is not only educational but fun. My 6 and 8 year old did not appreciate it as much as me and my DH but they will one day.princess:

I am not a fan of the Swiss family treehouse thing. lets walk up a million steps with nothing much to see. Also the stitch ride is the biggest waste of space in my opinion in all of WDW.:goodvibes

I like parades but the one at AK does nothing for me. And I will probably have rotten eggs thrown at me, but I really don't like/get Illuminations! I love Wishes and Fantasmic but Illum. just bores me. The effects are cool, but been there done that (3x).

:cool1: I loathe the bus ride back to the resorts late at night. You are packed to the gills and then the driver has to turn on the **** lights! :scared1: I have never understood Innovations in Epcot, they could use that space for more interesting rides. What do they do in there? I just remember lots of kids running around in there.popcorn:: Love the parades and fireworks.

I don't get the holiday parties, and why everybody is so obsessed with them. They are a rip off for what you get, and just another way for Disney to make money.

I LOVE this thread. Its awesome.

One of the best things about Disney is there is so much to see and do that it really doesn't matter if you don't like something cause there is always something else.

Popular dislikes that I like. . .

1. Pin trading. If you start you will understand and then you will be addicted. . .if you don't get it don't start. . .
2. Illuminations. I walked from DHS to Epcot after a fantastic meal at HBD to see this. It made the show so much more enjoyable.
3. Animal Kingdom. . .I "get" it. But that is exactly what you have to do "get it" to enjoy it.
4. Innoventions. . .I love seeing this through the eyes of my 15 year old who thinks its the next best thing to sliced bread.
5. Parades. . .I just like them.
6. DHS. . .LOVE this park. There is RnR, TOT, Tune in Lounge with David and Mario. . .what more could you ask for. . .
7. Watching Spectromagic from the balcony at the Main Street train station.

My dislikes. . .

1. Buses at the end of the day. . .
2. Stroller nazis who think its okay to clip your heels with their buggies. . .
3. People who refuse to take their kids for naps. . .ITS A MELTDOWN CAUSE THEY ARE TIRED PEOPLE. . .GET A CLUE. After a break and a snack they will be much more willing to commando the parks again.
4. MK's layout. . .I am from the "original" in California so the layout at MK just confuses me. It feels kind of pieced together instead of planned. . .

I think that is about it.

Test Track was a waste of time for us. My 6 year old loved it...I'm thinking of telling her that they make it go upside down now so she won't want to go on it next time. :idea: (Ok, probably not...but I won't enjoy the wait for it) I also didn't get Mission Space, but I went on the green side with my 6 year old. My husband and Step DD loved it on the orange side.

Another vote for Test Track. We've only done it once, and that was enough. We waited forever, partly because the line was sooooooo long and the stupid thing kept breaking down. Glad we did it, but don't want to do it again.

There's a bunch of stuff that people love and I "just don't get."

1. Parades. Spectromagic is cool, but the daytime stuff... boring.
2. Pin Trading. I want to be harassed by strangers who want to know about my pins? I want to wear pins? Forget it.
3. Soarin'. It's a nice experience, but NOT worth a long wait. If I can't get a FastPass, forget it.
4. Character Meals. As an adult, I don't want to be bothered when I'm eating.
5. TestTrack. Good for the 10 seconds it moves fast. If it's actually working.
6. Grand Floridian. Beautiful hotel, but NOT the theme for me.
7. On the DisBoards... the abbreviations DD, DS, DH, etc... Gaaaa!!! Too mushy for me!

What I like (that others usually don't):
1. The buses. OK, I don't REALLY like the buses, but they've become a part of Disney for me. It's part of the whole experience.
2. Stitch. The attraction, the (first) movie, and the character.
3. The stuff they do to Spaceship Earth (wands, etc..). I like that they change it up a little (as long as I know that it will eventually go back to normal).

All that said.... what I REALLY like is that there is so much at Disney that everyone (at least all of us here) find stuff that they really love. I don't get the pin trading, but I'm glad Disney is doing something that other peope love. I'm glad they do character meals so the kids (and some big kids) can have a great time.

... And please don't slam me on hating the abbreviations. I'm not really complaining, and not suggesting anyone stop. I'll get over it. HEY! Someone else said they didn't like the Magic Kingdom and you forgave them!

There's a bunch of stuff that people love and I "just don't get."

1. Parades. Spectromagic is cool, but the daytime stuff... boring.
2. Pin Trading. I want to be harassed by strangers who want to know about my pins? I want to wear pins? Forget it.
3. Soarin'. It's a nice experience, but NOT worth a long wait. If I can't get a FastPass, forget it.
4. Character Meals. As an adult, I don't want to be bothered when I'm eating.
5. TestTrack. Good for the 10 seconds it moves fast. If it's actually working.
6. Grand Floridian. Beautiful hotel, but NOT the theme for me.
7. On the DisBoards... the abbreviations DD, DS, DH, etc... Gaaaa!!! Too mushy for me!

What I like (that others usually don't):
1. The buses. OK, I don't REALLY like the buses, but they've become a part of Disney for me. It's part of the whole experience.
2. Stitch. The attraction, the (first) movie, and the character.
3. The stuff they do to Spaceship Earth (wands, etc..). I like that they change it up a little (as long as I know that it will eventually go back to normal).

All that said.... what I REALLY like is that there is so much at Disney that everyone (at least all of us here) find stuff that they really love. I don't get the pin trading, but I'm glad Disney is doing something that other peope love. I'm glad they do character meals so the kids (and some big kids) can have a great time.

... And please don't slam me on hating the abbreviations. I'm not really complaining, and not suggesting anyone stop. I'll get over it. HEY! Someone else said they didn't like the Magic Kingdom and you forgave them!

I'm glad to see the thread is still alive!

Discopper, we have much in common. I too was well hyped for Test Track and Soarin', and while they were okay, they didn't live up to the talk. I also don't use the abbreviations, but that's only cause I type incredibly fast (sometimes too fast, which can lead to very strange sentences). I have to say the little emoticons are more distracting, however. I don't like my page "moving", and I like to think (rather arrogantly, I guess) that I'm the one person in the world who can make their tone of voice consistenly understood over the Internet. (Actually, nobody can, so emoticons are probably a good idea.)

When it comes to character meals, as a childless person, I'm not interested. I do find it cool, but odd, that a lot of grown-ups pose with characters and princesses. I'm waaaaay too self conscious to do this.

I'm not crazy about the Sitch ride, it's just okay, but I find the vitriolic hatred of it on these boards amusing and bemusing at the same time.

Not with you on Grand Floridian, though. I love ALL the hotels, really. I'd prompose to my wife that we eventually hit all the major ones, but I know she's into going to WDW that many times.

I forgot to add to my "grumpy meter" by saying that I almost never go to shows (except dinner shows). I particularly don't like anything you attend standing up. So, yeah. Parades, fireworks and shows.

Sheesh. Sounds pretty bad. I guess I'm just far more enamoured of atmosphere and theming than staged entertainment. I love hotels, pavillions, the more ponderous rides, restaurants, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter