What size camper allowed on tent loop?

Dianne Rowland

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! We are looking upgrade our 5 year old tent to a 25’ hybrid trailer. We camp at disney with friends that still have a tent. Will Disney still allow us to camp with a 25 ft trailer on the tent loop? Thanks for your guidance all!!

Yes they will. Honestly, if you can get the rig in the site without sticking out in the road, I think Disney will be happy to take your money. A 25 ft hybrid will fit right in.

There may be some written rules about it, but most of us have seen many different types of "campers" in the Tent loops. Just remember, you won't have a sewer hookup, but you will have water, electric and cable.

j

We used to when we had our smaller 25' trailer. Did it many times with no issues, then one time when we checked in they said we could not. They gave us a premium spot instead at no charge, so we did not complain. When I asked why now, I was basically told it has always been the rule, that they are just now starting to enforce it. This was back in March of 2016. I honestly think it depends who checks you in and what manager is on duty. We just were there at the end of March and we say just a couple trailers in the 2000 loop. I don't see them that often in the 1500 loop. Good luck and happy camping.

The rule is only tents and pop ups in the 1500 and 2000 loop, have others stayed in the loops with hard sided campers yes. I have also heard on occasion FW making people move into a full, preferred or premium site and charging them the upgrade. I think it all depends on the enforcement on that day. Would I chance it no, first you would have to get through check in without the CM noticing you have a camper and not a pop up, then chance a ranger or security seeing and saying something to you and then making you move. That would be the main thing for me, have to move after being all set up. And like Teamubr said they want your money and will get more by making you move to a more expensive site. Whatever you decide good luck.

Even if you were allowed, keep in mind Disney has no dump station so you would have to find an unoccupied full hook up spot and back in and dump there on checkout day.

I may be wrong , but don't they allow a TT and a Tent in preferred sites? I thought that was the reason for the coquina pad in the back

I was about to ask the same question. We just bought a KZ 180BH its 20.5 foot , tip to tail, and thinking we looked at some popups way bigger than that when opened up. We were in a Forrest river with a slide out dinette that has a foot print probably 50% more than our small bunk house TT.

That was the great thing about upgrading to a 43ft trailer, nothing to decide....Premium all the way.
I'd love to do that.... I'd have to upgrade the truck though too. Not sure if that's in the budget. Maybe if I get the new position at work.... It should be a nice jump in pay. (Fingers crossed.)

Are all the tent loop paved pads the same size? If any are longer or wider at the entrance please let me know. We have a really big truck to park in front of our small camper.

We are in the same boat. We just upgraded from a popup to a 30 ft trailer and have 2 reservations made in Tent/Pop-up sites later this year. We just left the fort this weekend and there were probably 3-4 Class B/C's and maybe 5 travel trailers in the 1500 loop. When I called the fort the lady said it was not permitted and there was no way a travel trailer could get into the loop. Obviously she had no idea what she was talking about when it came to trailers and just read the computer screen. I checked with reservations and there is no availability. So over the next few months we'll keep checking with reservations and if that fails, we'll just show up with the 30 ft trailer and see what happens.

Hi everyone! We are looking upgrade our 5 year old tent to a 25’ hybrid trailer. We camp at disney with friends that still have a tent. Will Disney still allow us to camp with a 25 ft trailer on the tent loop? Thanks for your guidance all!!

We have a Class B 25 foot van RV and we considered doing this BUT there is NO DUMP station. So that makes it a big no. I wish they would put in a dump station somewhere. But the size of the sites look fine for that size trailer.

We have a Class B 25 foot van RV and we considered doing this BUT there is NO DUMP station. So that makes it a big no. I wish they would put in a dump station somewhere. But the size of the sites look fine for that size trailer.

I have heard they will send you to an empty full site to dump.

When I called the fort the lady said it was not permitted and there was no way a travel trailer could get into the loop.

:rolleyes: Typical Disney phone rep.

I have always seen travel trailers and motorhomes on both tent loops. Clearly they will fit, as you know.

Our pop up is 26' when opened. We have plenty of space on the 1500 loop for camper, tent, and van. On the 2000 loop, we could have fit two of our campers end to end, and still have space for a truck to park.

I have heard they will send you to an empty full site to dump.

They do. We always dump at an empty site, although it feels a bit awkward if there are neighbors sitting around.

Last edited:
Our pop up is 26' when opened.

Good to know, my TT is only 20' 6" no slide out no nothing. My sister is planning a trip to the Fort and I'm pretty sure she is going to go for a full hook up but I'm hoping to get by with a "tent" site.

One other thing about a TT on a Tent site. The pics they have on the disney web site show a power pole with 15-20 amp, 30 amp and 50 amp plugs. Lots of tents need 220 50 amp service don't they? :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter