what to do during Pirate Cruise?

ceecee

DIS Veteran
My daughter is doing the Pirate Cruise at the Grand Floridian, does anyone have any suggestions as to what we can do for the 2 hrs?? We don't want to do a massage, maybe lunch.

When my son went on the Pirate Cruise a couple of years ago, my brother and I went over to the Boardwalk for the DVC tour.
We had to cut the sales pitch a little short to get back on time. But we had warned the CM at the start what time we had to leave.

After the cruise we took my son over to the Wilderness Lodge for lunch.

If you don't want to eat lunch at GF you could drive over to WL for Lunch and then look around the grounds. The Wilderness Lodge is lovely.

Or you could catch the monorail and go to MK. Perhaps shop, eat lunch and people watch on Main Street.

Have Fun!

Cindy:wave:
:wave:

You can get lunch to go at Gasparillas and go on a pontoon boat at the marina and have lunch on the boat together. Or go to lunch at the GF cafe and explore the resort and shops and relax on the beach after.
I personally wouldn't go too far just in case my DD had a problem or didn't want to stay there. That's just me, but I do think they give you a pager like at the restaurants just in case. Someone maybe can confirm this?
:smooth: ;) :Pinkbounc :) :eek: :mad: :p :sunny: :earsgirl: :teeth: :earsboy: :earseek: :wave: :crazy:
(don't mind all the faces, my DD loves to put them in, sorry!)

Lunch at the GF Cafe is very nice. Nice selection and the prices are pretty good. If you go, ask for Izzy as your server, he is a real treasure. Take your shoes off and stroll across the beach, always a nice relaxer for me. Or do something kooky and take out a water mouse. I'd definitely suggest hanging around and enjoying the GF, it is beautiful.

Tammi

How about parasailing at the Contemporary! My DH loved it. He brought up the video cam so I could experience it, but I wish I had sucked it and gone up myself.:rolleyes:

Well, you could have a nice leisurely lunch at any of the resort restaurants along the monorail that serve lunch. I would suggest Kona Cafe, of the Grand Floridian Cafe.

You could hop on the monorail, and spend 1 1/2 child free hours in the MK.

If you have a car, you could go to DTD or some of the other resorts.

You could do what we did... go to the different resorts and collect the smashed pennies... that is how we saw CBR, CSR and the AS resorts. A car really is necessary, though!

You could rent the water mice at the Grand Floridian and take them out on the Seven Seas Lagoon.

You could get a cocktail and sit by the pool or on the beach, and enjoy each other's company.

There are a lot of options, take advantage of them!

We walked over to the Poly and rented water mice for an hour(for some reason they didn't have any at the GF that day). We were then able to locate the Pirate Cruise boat over by the WL and take a peek at the kids, as we raced around the large lake over there. It was great! The kids all looked so cute and we had a blast on the water mice. It's the one thing my DH has to do every time we go to WDW!

When my daughter did the Pirate Cruise last summer, my DH took my two teenagers to MK, and I brought Allison to do the cruise, and after waving goodbye as they took off, I had breakfast at the Grand Floridian Cafe! The Pecan Pancakes were absolutely delicious! Then I did some shopping and it was about time to go back to get Allison. She really enjoyed the Pirate Cruise (she did say it was hot though!) and she would like to do it again!

When Allison does the Alice In Wonderland Tea, my DH & I had a drink out by the pool and then we just sat in the lobby and people watched. We've also had lunch at the GF Cafe, and then just brought her to our table when the tea was over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter