What was your first resort?

Contemporary in 1990. We’ve stayed there several times since, and loved it every time. But we won’t be back until they lose the tacky Incredibles theming.

They have destroyed the elegance of our favorite resort with cheap decals and gawd-awful decor.

POFQ. I liked it but wasn’t so impressed that I’ve been back. I’m not really a Disney Resort kind of person. They’re too frenetic and I prefer to get out of the bubble. Now I usually stay at Swolphin or off-site.

CBR in 1990 - Impressed with the relatively new resort and how empty it was around Thanksgiving. We've since stayed at the Contemporary tower; Port Orleans French Quarter; Polynesian and Poly studio; All Star Sports; Bay Lake Tower; Wilderness Lodge and Pop Century.

2003, Senior year of high school. Stayed with my best friends family in a 2 bedroom at Boardwalk.

A million offsite stays from 2004-2022. Bought DVC last year and have stayed at Bay Lake Tower, AK Kidani and Grand Floridian so far. Can't wait to try them all.

Dixie Landings 1995.
I was a college student at the time. It was the first time my family had ever been to a Disney park, ever flown, or taken a vacation outside of staying with family or camping.
We had connected rooms and loved the resort. I remember feeling like we'd won the lottery.

Our first was Saratoga Springs. It was an incredible first Disney experience for us - we’d never imagined the resorts would be so upscale. We got an incredible deal (45% off AND free dining) back in 2011. I’ve never seen a deal as good as that since!

As a kid, my parents took us to stay at the Polynesian. As an adult, I haven't been back, but it's on my Disney Resort bucket list.

First stay on property was at the Swan in '92. First stay at a Disney operated resort was Fort Wilderness in '00. °o°

I'm just curious where everyone stayed for their first on-property trip. Have you stayed at that resort again? Is it one of your favorites?

The first time we stayed in the bubble was at Coronado. We haven't stayed there since, but we're going back in May and I'm so excited!
We stayed at Coronado Springs for our first trip 15 years ago. We loved it but haven’t been back as we discovered Pop Century and love it so much we’ve returned many times. Will be there again in June for a mother/daughter trip.

I grew up in South Fla and we vacationed in Daytona Beach, so Disney was always a daytrip for us. At some point in the late 70's we spent a night or two in the old Contemporary North Garden Wing. Two weeks from today we will be checking into three rooms in the South Garden Wing.

Technically, The Contemporary in 1976 but I was only 3 years old. As an adult, my first was Polynesian in 1994. I haven't stayed at either again because it's too expensive now.

Caribbean Beach Resort was our first onsite resort and we fell in love with it. Since then, we have stayed at Movies twice, Music once, Pop Century once, French Quarter once, and Coronado Springs once. But, nothing holds that special place for us like Caribbean Beach so we return time and time again.

All Star Sports

The story behind it is I was on a hs band trip. A baseball team from our area was also going on a trip.

So naturally the parents and families of those who came made reservations for AS sports and music based off the activity their kid was in.

Something happened and baseball team wound up at music and us at sports. Given there was a certain amount of kids they couldn’t switch.

Had some good memories though of AS sports and honestly wouldn’t mind trying it now post refurb

POFQ was the first resort I stayed at. 1991 was the year I believe and I was 21. Was also the fist time I ever stepped foot on WDW property. I had not been back to that resort in decades till a recent 3 night stay earlier this month. Shelley, the bartender at the pool side bar was a 30 year Disney cast member and it was FANTASTIC picking her brains on what i remember from all those years ago to the changes there now!! I look forward to going back there soon :)

Golf Resort, April 1974. I was 8.

We moved to Poly when a room opened up on our third night. I’m pretty sure my parents invented split stays. :laughing:

Saratoga Springs in 06 or 07. We were childless Disney adults with a larger group of couples. So we didn't get to choose the resort but that's where everyone was staying. It was nice, just big and spread out which is the kind of resort we never cared for. I remember going to Cirque du Soleil and thinking downtown Disney was the coolest thing ever. That was back when my sister, her boyfriend-now-husband and my cousin all worked at Disney World.

Our first Disney resort with kids/family was AOA. We all loved the resort and being in the Disney bubble, but then I realized we paid more for the AOA room than half of the deluxe resorts. After that we tried deluxe and haven't really looked back, except for POR which is where we stay when we need 2 adjoining rooms because of friends or family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter