What was your first resort?

I've answered this thread before with my first resort, but I had to jump on and say that I took my first ever family trip down to Disney World this past June. The Mrs. and I wanted to wait until the DD was old enough to remember, she's 10. Having said that, our first ever family trip resort was POP Century. I liked this resort. It was a large and spread out resort, but I got a room in one of the 70's buildings, which made it shorter work Over all I liked it and would stay there again....which I am in January.

Coronado springs 20 years or so ago, haven’t stayed there since but hoping to again on my next trip!

Ft Wilderness, 1973. Fun, fun family trip. I still can remember the train that used to run around the campgrounds!!

Ft Wilderness, 1973. Fun, fun family trip. I still can remember the train that used to run around the campgrounds!!
We used to take the boat over from the CR for the Hoop Dee Doo and to look around. My father loved it there, but my mother was a hard no to camping. Do you remember the lawnmower tree? I still look for it even to this day. I think the tree finally grew around it and they may have cut it down, but I still look to see if I can figure out what tree it is!

Last edited:
Our first stay was in the Fort Wilderness Trailer Homes in 1987. Anyone else remember those? And someone mentioned not liking the parks so much. Our then 4 yo might have liked the parks if he hadn't discovered that our Trailer Home had the Disney Channel. So after a few hours in the park, he'd start asking "Can we go back to our Village and watch TV now?"
We flew out of Worcester, MA and when we got back, DH discovered that he'd left the car keys in a drawer at the resort. Fortunately we lived close to the airport (plus he was marathon training), so he walked home and got the extra keys. The next morning he called WDW, they had the keys, and they overnighted them to us. That kind of service cemented our love for Disney.
Speaking of MA, someone mentioned the Blizzard of '78. Remember it well.

I'm just curious where everyone stayed for their first on-property trip. Have you stayed at that resort again? Is it one of your favorites?

The first time we stayed in the bubble was at Coronado. We haven't stayed there since, but we're going back in May and I'm so excited!
Port Orleans Riverside :) such a beautiful resort x

Dixie Landings - Oak Manor - Sometime during the mid 80s. I still have my Dixie Landings sweatshirt.

Polynesian concierge, lagoon view, Hawaii, 3rd floor. Twenty five years ago. We returned to that exact accommodation several times a year for the next 10 years. You used to be able to get incredible discounts with AAA and American Express being our favorites to use. We stopped going when we really felt like the Poly was changing in a way that wasn't for us. We switched to the Dolphin which has worked out very well.

Polynesian 2017 Labor Day deal.

1st and only on-site stay. All 4 parks.

We did a day trip to Magic Kingdom 2021 before genie and LL. No fast passes. Level playing field for everyone and it was great.

(Universal twice. Hard Rock 2021. Royal Pacific this year. Thinking about trying Dollywood next. Maybe in the Spring).

CR in 1973 my sister and her family took me when I was 12. I still remember how totally amazed I was, when seeing the monorail coming into the building for the first time.:cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter