• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What would you buy yourself for Christmas this year if that was the tradition?

You mean you don't get yourself a treat?

Dh and I do.

We have late November birthdays and take liberties getting ourselves a few things we want and have put off getting.

In fact, dh started just ordering several things for himself last week. We did have to have a chat about that as I needed something to get him for Christmas.

I don’t know really. I can never think of anything I really want for Christmas. I rarely spend money on myself so it’s hard. We quit exchanging gifts years ago anyway. I guess if I had the money I would buy myself a new iPhone cause I’m using an 8 plus.

What do you mean "if"?
DW's family drove me crazy when we first started spending Christmas together. My family always kept the gifts secret and it was always a lot of fun opening gifts - even the zoinkers. DWs family OTOH always knew what they got each other - but they didn't tell me that right away. They had the most leisurely gift exchange. They'd stop for breakfast, go off to church, maybe watch something on TV, have some lunch - It would take the whole day to open the gifts. It made NO sense until DW told me that they already knew what they were getting. I fought it for years but it was no use. Now we know what we got each other, mostly because we usually buy it ourselves. I DO NOT recommend BTW - my family's way was way more fun.

You or someone else mentioned this before. What is a beer caramelizer? Certainly not a way to make caramel out of beer?
I did. I'm really hoping Santa was listening. So the beer carameliser is a long metal rod attached to a wood handle. At the end of the rod is a stainless steel nub that you heat to red hot with an acetylene torch. I'll be using my creme brûlée torch. Once the nub is good and hot, you dunk that hot end into a glass of cold beer and it instantly caramelises the sugars in the beer which changes its flavour profile. This is especially good to use with stouts and other dark beers. As you can see, I take beer VERY seriously.

I did. I'm really hoping Santa was listening. So the beer carameliser is a long metal rod attached to a wood handle. At the end of the rod is a stainless steel nub that you heat to red hot with an acetylene torch. I'll be using my creme brûlée torch. Once the nub is good and hot, you dunk that hot end into a glass of cold beer and it instantly caramelises the sugars in the beer which changes its flavour profile. This is especially good to use with stouts and other dark beers. As you can see, I take beer VERY seriously.
I am glad that someone else asked because I was curious as well.

Does it give the beer a sweeter taste?

I am glad that someone else asked because I was curious as well.

Does it give the beer a sweeter taste?
In some beers, yes, like a milk stout or some other sweeter stout (like a peanut butter or coffee stout for example). It doesn't warm the beer because the heat is caramelising the sugars but it produces this thick cap/head on top of the beer which is warm. So it's a unique drinking sensation.

A dog DNA test or a trip without the kids. Everyone asks us what kind of dog our younger dog is and we have no idea. We were told that he's a maltipoo by the rescue but he looks nothing like that. He has crazy old man eyebrows, a beard, and is a little long for his height.

I just bought myself a new computer. It's still in the box. I need DS to come set it up....I'm tech challenged.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter