What would you do with your life if money was no object?

Buy a house in Golden Oaks and on a Pacific Island. Never, ever ever ever spend winter in Canada with snow. Palm trees and heat please!

And of course, help out as many people as possible.... I volunteer with refugees families in my hometown and would love to be able to do more here and abroad.

Buy something I would never buy:

A boat
An airplane
An RV
A northern home for the summer months

While it would be great to be set for life, I don't want to turn into someone who isn't happy with most of what we already have.

We just moved to a new house so it would be nice to stay here but finish the wants list. Those items are a new couch, garage storage system, upgrade bath shower and floor, change out the kitchen sink, and extend the patio. Buy DH a new car (his is 14 and causing issues), pay for two kids to finish college, give money to DD/SIL for their extended schooling, and pay off my MEd.

Personally, it would be nice to get hair and nails done on a standing basis and hire a house cleaner.

We would buy a beach house, travel, and volunteer time and money to charities.

Do what Bill and Melinda Gates do.
:teeth: I guess that depends whether we're talking about "don't have to work for a living rich" or "bazillionaire philanthropist rich".

If it was the former, I'd quit my job and devote my time to all the activities with friends and family and community causes I am unable to do now. If it was the latter, well, I've been running the Ronandannette Foundation in my imagination for a very long time, so I'd just roll it out for real. :goodvibes
I would love to be a secret angel for women struggling through cancer or other serious illnesses who don't have family or friends to help them out. Maybe send housecleaning or other services to them. I once read about a housecleaning service for cancer patients. I can't even imagine how draining it is - and what a little lift in spirits it must be if a smiling face comes in and makes everything clean and sparkling, maybe does some cooking or other chores, etc...it must be such a lift when you're on chemo, feeling sick, etc.
:flower3: God bless you. I know exactly what you mean. I've got a ton of ideas like this stored up in my heart. Not "ending world hunger" type of things big charities do but stuff that could mean so much to an individual. I do what I can myself for people and it is so edifying and humbling to see how far a little TLC can go. I'd definitely hire an army of TLC'ers if I could.

I'm not used to being rich, so I don't know if I could handle spending like I was rich with luxury goods left and right, a fancy house, etc. I keep on hearing about people who came into lots of money and bought fancy cars, played around with volatile investments, and spent the money like it wouldn't stop. I couldn't do that. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't buy nice things or be generous to some extent. I wouldn't go overboard. I'd want to look at how much money I'm spending and see if it's sustainable.

I'd probably get a simple part time job with flexibility to take time off and with health insurance.

Pay off law school debt, pay off all our families mortgages, set up college funds for all the kids, Sizable donation to Memorial Sloan Kettering, a Multi year structured payment for our offspring, some $$$ dream gifts for spouse, take all extended family to Italy for a nice long visit, villas with cooks/housekeeping and drivers..
Ok, ready for my windfall 🤣

I would love to be in your TLC, Army, Ronandanette! Count me in for that :)

For me, post Covid and knowing things were at least close to what they once were but hopefully kinder, for the first time in my life I would consider moving out of CA. I don't agree with some of the current handlings of things plus it is so expensive! On the other hand, I am so Blessed to have an amazing dentist and a lot of church family that I would not want to leave right now.

Keeping staying in the vicinity where I am, I would want my Dad and I to move to either a townhome with minimal stairs or two separate townhomes or condos in the same complex. I would not necessarily want to be in an apartment situation again after recent A/C experience! My only main wishes for a new place would be central air and heat and that there'd be a way to have someone come out once a year to do routine checks of both especially the heater (smoke and carbon monoxide detector that kind of thing) Plus since we are talking a dream space, I'd have my own side by side washer and dryer, no more laundrymat!

I have a ton of ideas for new church ministries that would bring me great joy to get to implement. I would absolutely love to be a kindness Angel, join up with Ronandanette :)

Buy a cottage on the coast somewhere with private access and a porch facing the water that has a swing.
Me too!!! We could be neighbors! And then when I am off traveling the world, which I would do several times a year, you could keep an eye on my beach cottage for me. And when we’re both home we could have happy hours and dinner parties (catered of course)!!!

I would retire. Keep the house clean (my wife thinks she would keep working, at least for a while), go to the gym every day, spend time with the dogs and do community outreach stuff, like volunteer at the local food pantry, do stuff around the church, etc.

But I'd also make sure there was time for video games, comics, movies, and reading.

And lots of travel. Ireland, England, Scotland, Italy, Alaska, Hawaii, the Caribbean, etc.

Keep our current house, probably, but remodel it top to bottom. Buy a cabin on a lake as well.

Buy one of the small islands of the coast of the UK build a house on it make sure I have wifi and internet so I can get tv. Buy a small boat to go to the mainland to buy food and take my cats and move there.

I would love to be a secret angel for women struggling through cancer or other serious illnesses who don't have family or friends to help them out.

About three years into my Mom's fight, every other month or so someone would drop a ShopRite supermarket gift card in our mail slot. Sometimes it was for $100, more often it was for $50. I never could catch them in the act to thank them, it was at all different times and always in the dead of night because we'd come down in the morning and the card would be laying on the floor inside the door. We never did find out who it was, after my Mom passed the cards stopped. It had to be someone who knew our situation, that we were struggling to pay bills because of all the medical expenses, travel expenses for chemo to Fox Chase, medications that she needed but that weren't covered by her insurance, etc. These cards were a huge help to us.

Thank you so much for your beautiful sentiment-I hope someday you have the means to do this. :lovestruc

About three years into my Mom's fight, every other month or so someone would drop a ShopRite supermarket gift card in our mail slot. Sometimes it was for $100, more often it was for $50. I never could catch them in the act to thank them, it was at all different times and always in the dead of night because we'd come down in the morning and the card would be laying on the floor inside the door. We never did find out who it was, after my Mom passed the cards stopped. It had to be someone who knew our situation, that we were struggling to pay bills because of all the medical expenses, travel expenses for chemo to Fox Chase, medications that she needed but that weren't covered by her insurance, etc. These cards were a huge help to us.
Thank you so much for your beautiful sentiment-I hope someday you have the means to do this. :lovestruc
You recounted a lovely and inspirational story - thank you. :flower3: The thing about it is I do have the means to do it - not for everybody, but at least for somebody. I am very blessed in that way and I don't want to waste it. It's easy to serve people in person - and such a joy! But I must confess when I do things anonymously, I wonder for a very long time after whether it was well-received. Did they like it? Were they glad or did they feel intruded upon? Did it actually help? I take heart from hearing things like what you wrote. :grouphug: Grace and peace - I wish you well.

Support local charities, make sure my family never had to "worry" about money again, expand my ever growing gun collection and install a private shooting range.

I think Office Space had the best two answers to that question.

1. Two chicks at the same time.
2. I would sit on my butt, and do nothing.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter