• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What would you like to see in the new era?

I'd like to put in a personal request for Ryno to do a Buc-ee's shopping video.

(If he has done one, I haven't seen it. But it would be GOLD!)
Buc-ee's is a scary place. And I thought the crowds at Disney World were insane. EESH! 🤣 It took us well over a half an hour to get out of the parking lot!
We went to one in June and my wife will never walk into another one again. lol

What is really lacking with DisUnplugged is a proper marketing plan, which covers all the various Disney guest types, not just the local view.
When everything is a scramble, there's no room for creativity or planning... it's just always flying by the seat of your pants.

THIS! There needs to be a producer/show-runner who can rebuild the show from the ground up. Include a diversity of panelists that include all the various Disney-going audiences (international, parents of younger kids, planners for large families, PEOPLE WHO DO NOT LIVE IN ORLANDO AND GO TO THE PARKS THREE TIMES A WEEK, DVC members, budget-conscious travelers, etc). This diversity should also include lifestyle, racial and ethnic background, sexuality/gender spectrum, etc. Trust me, they are out there. Some can be on all the time and others guest when topics are relevant. And then have one charismatic somewhat neutral host who can lead a discussion from the start through conclusion.

I’d enjoy a brief “On This Day In Disney History” featuring some interesting event regarding parks, films, etc. Maybe a few about the Disney family, too.

Wouldn’t need to be every show nor longer than a few sentences.
They do something like that on Connecting with Walt already, but this week in Disney history, so they probably won't do that on the tuesday show too.

They do something like that on Connecting with Walt already, but this week in Disney history, so they probably won't do that on the tuesday show too.

Doesn't seem to me that a feature like that couldn't appear on more than one of their shows.

I'd guess there are others like me who rarely if ever watch the other shows.

Another positive change would be having someone who gives updates and need to know information about the tech and digital aspect of a Disney Parks visit. Things like Magicbands and the Apps are a way of life now, and its not been helpful over the last few years to hear constant negativity about the tech advances.

So that blip of info of Corey/Craig buying The Dis was something that was in the works? I guess this was an idea years ago, right?
I imagine covid slowed that idea down.
What exactly does buying The Dis mean? Like, buying the podcast name and content? Does that include this board as well?

So that blip of info of Corey/Craig buying The Dis was something that was in the works? I guess this was an idea years ago, right?
I imagine covid slowed that idea down.
What exactly does buying The Dis mean? Like, buying the podcast name and content? Does that include this board as well?
It would mean buying the domain name disboards.com and www.wdwinfo.com/ and transferring legal ownership , like the deeds of a house or land. This would also involve transfer of ownership with the hosting company, and a change of billing information with them, as well as things like changing account name and billing information with Google Accounts such as Adsense and Google Business profile.

The Podcast may be a separate entity and either be included or sold / bought out in a separate sale.

They need to focus more on the on-property stuff they do: Reviews of restaurants/resorts, shopping videos, Festival videos, random day in the park videos.

The "weekly" show should only be big news items like Iger becoming the CEO again or Blue Sky announcements and the rest of the show should be just going over what they did that week as either a preview of the videos they will be putting out or a review of the videos they did put out.

Great question.

1. I'd like the Tuesday show to be about Walt Disney World. Not Disneyland. Not DCL. Not DVC. Not ABD. Not Universal. Just Disney World.

2. They need to somehow incorporate input from non-locals. They run shows and a travel agency to help people plan trips but the only voices we hear are of people who live down the street. Nobody on the panel actually has to plan their vacation at WDW. Sure they go there and they stay there at times, but it's entirely different for the family in New Jersey planning a one-week stay than it is for a local planning a "staycation".

3. Bring back some version of The Trip. Talk more about life outside of Disney property. The majority of travelers to WDW don't stay on property. They stay in Lake Buena Vista and along 192 in Kissimmee and closer to Universal and with family and friends in the area. Most people can't afford (or choose not to pay) Disney prices. Along with those offsite accommodations come off-site meals and some time spent at non-Disney attractions and shops. I'd love to see reviews of area restaurants, where the best grocery prices are, which tourist attractions are worth a visit and which aren't. Stuff like that.

4. Revitalize the boards. The focus in recent years has shifted to Facebook, but that's a very different platform than this. The two aren't interchangeable. Facebook doesn't foster the same sense of community that this forum does (or used to).

5. There's nothing wrong with highlighting premium vacation opportunities occasionally, but recognize that most people can't do those things. Most aren't spending an extra $250/night for concierge. Most can't take their family of 5 to a $150/person hard ticket event or spring for a table service meal every day of their trip. Let's hear more about counter service restaurants. Talk more about how the average guest experiences the parks and resort. Overall be more budget-conscious.

6. Plan impromptu opportunities to interact with the team. Nothing formal but how about posting that Craig will be in MK this Thursday. Look for him if you're there, and at 3pm he'll be hanging out by Sleepy Hollow for a bit. Or Ryno will be at Baseline Tap House on Wednesday from 5-7pm. Stop by and say hello.

I'm sure I can think of more but that's a start.

Loved the Dreams Unlimited Travel podcast and their advice and tips on planning travel! I'd like to see some of that incorporated into a revamped DIS podcast. Yes, sum up the big news of the week and that could be the focus when it's a big news week, but have more themed shows that include general topics, including some that would apply to people who aren't local and may visit only every couple of years, tips on lengthy drives, booking flights, ground transportation options, managing trips with extended families, toddlers, grandparents, teenagers, those with special needs. I always enjoy "best of" or "things to avoid" shows.

Great question.

1. I'd like the Tuesday show to be about Walt Disney World. Not Disneyland. Not DCL. Not DVC. Not ABD. Not Universal. Just Disney World.

2. They need to somehow incorporate input from non-locals. They run shows and a travel agency to help people plan trips but the only voices we hear are of people who live down the street. Nobody on the panel actually has to plan their vacation at WDW. Sure they go there and they stay there at times, but it's entirely different for the family in New Jersey planning a one-week stay than it is for a local planning a "staycation".

3. Bring back some version of The Trip. Talk more about life outside of Disney property. The majority of travelers to WDW don't stay on property. They stay in Lake Buena Vista and along 192 in Kissimmee and closer to Universal and with family and friends in the area. Most people can't afford (or choose not to pay) Disney prices. Along with those offsite accommodations come off-site meals and some time spent at non-Disney attractions and shops. I'd love to see reviews of area restaurants, where the best grocery prices are, which tourist attractions are worth a visit and which aren't. Stuff like that.

4. Revitalize the boards. The focus in recent years has shifted to Facebook, but that's a very different platform than this. The two aren't interchangeable. Facebook doesn't foster the same sense of community that this forum does (or used to).

5. There's nothing wrong with highlighting premium vacation opportunities occasionally, but recognize that most people can't do those things. Most aren't spending an extra $250/night for concierge. Most can't take their family of 5 to a $150/person hard ticket event or spring for a table service meal every day of their trip. Let's hear more about counter service restaurants. Talk more about how the average guest experiences the parks and resort. Overall be more budget-conscious.

6. Plan impromptu opportunities to interact with the team. Nothing formal but how about posting that Craig will be in MK this Thursday. Look for him if you're there, and at 3pm he'll be hanging out by Sleepy Hollow for a bit. Or Ryno will be at Baseline Tap House on Wednesday from 5-7pm. Stop by and say hello.

I'm sure I can think of more but that's a start.

I started my own podcast so I could speak to your 2nd point. I would love more Disney content on the internet that isn't just locals and vloggers running around the parks like it's their backyard.

I started my own podcast so I could speak to your 2nd point. I would love more Disney content on the internet that isn't just locals and vloggers running around the parks like it's their backyard.
That's great. Shoot me a message with the name or a link.

One thing the DIS could do is create a rotating panel of non-locals. Have them contribute what they're dealing with as they plan their trips and follow through once they've taken them.

One thing the DIS could do is create a rotating panel of non-locals. Have them contribute what they're dealing with as they plan their trips and follow through once they've taken them.
Herein lies the problem when the site is run by a Travel Agency. It runs counter to their best/financial interests to "teach" people how to self-plan a trip to WDW when they earn their money by having people send an email to a Dreams Agent asking the Agent to do all the planning at no cost to the customer. Not sure what the solution is other than to have the Board Owners bite the bullet and recognize that trip planning and visitation strategies are what people crave the most, and what the Tuesday Show has been most lacking. Instead we get an elongated video of a not-as-rich-as-he-thinks-he-is guy on a ship ordering a $5,000 "cocktail" that no one really liked, and half the people couldn't drink.

I was actually told by a member of the team that the reason The Trip ended was because it wasn’t generating business for Dreams. Since they don’t book offsite hotels and sell tickets for offsite attractions, that content wasn’t driving customers to them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter