Whatever you do, don't carry a bag to Universal Studios!

So you want to start that thread or should I ?
Since you have been more active on this thread, go for it

I find it easy to do the parks and use a locker when needed

I don't close controversial threads as long as there are no Disboards violations

It's just a wish. The title just makes people think that it's the case (that carrying bags is a pain, that you'll be dreadfully impacted, etc) when as you know it isn't. I mean, unless you're ONLY there to ride the metal detector rides and the relative few that will allow a 3 prong waist pack, it's not going to mess with the day much.

From experience, threads I start go nowhere. :)

Universal virgin - help me out, please?

I usually carry a backsack with my wristlet, a brush, my phone, and face powder in it. But, since the resorts are much closer to the parks than at WDW, I am not feeling like I will need more than my phone which I can put in my wristlet.

Will I be able to bring the wristlet on all the rides, and if not, which rides won't allow it? Are there rides that will not allow my husband to have a wallet/phone on him?

I am finding planning a USO trip wayyyyyy too confusing.

Universal virgin - help me out, please?

I usually carry a backsack with my wristlet, a brush, my phone, and face powder in it. But, since the resorts are much closer to the parks than at WDW, I am not feeling like I will need more than my phone which I can put in my wristlet.

Will I be able to bring the wristlet on all the rides, and if not, which rides won't allow it? Are there rides that will not allow my husband to have a wallet/phone on him?

I am finding planning a USO trip wayyyyyy too confusing.
RRR, Hulk and Dueling Dragons as far as nothing on the rides. You go through metal detectors.

It's just a wish. The title just makes people think that it's the case (that carrying bags is a pain, that you'll be dreadfully impacted, etc) when as you know it isn't. I mean, unless you're ONLY there to ride the metal detector rides and the relative few that will allow a 3 prong waist pack, it's not going to mess with the day much.

From experience, threads I start go nowhere. :)

Molly I say go for it
Your luck will change and there are many homies that would share their opinions

Maybe the title of this thread could be changed to ..... Carrying a bag at Universal ,,,,

Thread created dec 07 so will change it

Have cell phone issues so will take care of this when I return home on Friday and use my iMac

I had a bag and a stroller when we went in August 2015. It really wasn't that big of an inconvenience. I was so nervous to use the lockers before some for the rides where you could have nothing in your pockets and it was a very easy process. When we go again next month, my mom with have an ECV and I plan on bringing a bag. My girls are 9 and 6 and I will have to carry stuff. A bag is just easier. I am actually super excited not to have to deal with a stroller this time. Although that wasn't too bad especially on the Hogwarts Express, we just wheeled it through the line and used the elevator up. Very cool.

I went with a bag and no problem using the lockers, except for the one near Hulk, because you have to use your ticket to open it, and after I did I put my ticket back in my wallet wich I put back in my bag, and all that in the locker, so when I got out of Hulk, well I couldn't open it anymore (they ask to leave everything out of your pocket why do they expect us to keep our ticket in it?)

I went with a bag and no problem using the lockers, except for the one near Hulk, because you have to use your ticket to open it, and after I did I put my ticket back in my wallet wich I put back in my bag, and all that in the locker, so when I got out of Hulk, well I couldn't open it anymore (they ask to leave everything out of your pocket why do they expect us to keep our ticket in it?)

Most folks use lanyards......you are allowed them.

We have our EP, Park tickets and room keys in them.

Is the rumor true that people were throwing change at each other on Dueling Dragons when they used to go off together and someone lost an eye, hence the metal detectors now?

items flew out of riders pockets, hands, etc and caused injuries over the years.

the incident where the gentleman was injured and lost an eye was many years back.
you can find that info if you google it.

the dueling portion of the ride, changed after the above injury.

i was on the ride day before the gentleman was injured and was also hit in the face with flying objects.
the people in the seat in front of me had their passport and wallet in their pockets.
they lost them on that ride
i was stunned but no physical injury like others had happened to them on prior incidents

the rumor about coins being thrown from the riders ......
could be possible
been so long ago can't recall all the details right now.

Is the rumor true that people were throwing change at each other on Dueling Dragons when they used to go off together and someone lost an eye, hence the metal detectors now?

Googling it tells us that they've never actually said what exactly caused the man to lose his eye. Orlando Sentinel said that his eye was lacerated and the eye later had to be removed (which is still awful but not quite the mental picture as "losing an eye on a ride" gives us). It happened summer of 2011, which feels like 10 minutes ago to me but I suppose IS over 5 years ago.

Honestly i can't even imagine anyone having the presence of mind to purposely throw things, but then those big coasters scare me to near-death. I would just imagine people had coins or whatever in their pockets and it fell out and physics took care of the rest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter