What's better? Fantasmic on the west coast or east?

Who has the better Fantasmic? Disneyland or Disney World?

• Disneyland

• Disney World

Results are only viewable after voting.

eggman0905

Earning My Ears
I've now seen both Fantasmic! productions, Disney Hollywood Studio's version and the original, Disneyland's. I have to say without a doubt, Disneyland's version is far better than Disney World's. This isn't coming from a Disneyland fanatic either - I grew up on going to Disney World and just visited Disneyland Resort for the first time in my life. Even with their missing dragon, I still felt their show was much better. What do you guys think? I'd love to hear your thoughts on the matter.

I've never been to WDW but I have seen WDW's version on YouTube and I thought DLRs is so much better. In fact when we go to WDW for the first time next year, I'm not even bothering with WDWs F!

I'd at least give it a shot if you had the chance...I just think DL's is more cozy and I love the fact that the show comes out of no where and just happens in the park as opposed to WDW where they built it a stadium (which I guess they had no choice)...

Both are good! But there is just something about DL's I love more!:wizard::wizard:

I've seen both, and I prefer the one at DLR mainly because:
-Murphy the dragon is so awesome (when he's not broken!)
-the stage is much bigger...everything is just big
-the riverboat in the finale is bigger, so there are more characters and it's more festive
-the DLR snake is cooler

:)

I once saw Fantasmic at Disneyland with some WDW cast members. They knew the show like the back of their hand given the many similarities the two shows share. However, their jaws dropped and cameras came flying out when the Peter Pan segment (nowhere to be found at WDW) began and again when Murphy showed up.

I've been to WDW twice since 2006 and can't bring myself to watch their Fantasmic because I don't like Peter Pan being replaced by Pocahantas. I did see their "finale" on the in room WDW channel and laughed. At least on the TV screen, their riverboat paled in comparison to the mighty Mark Twain. I hope it looks a lot better in person.

Now, that said, to someone who has never been to Disneyland, I would wholeheartedly recommend seeing the WDW show. Now as someone who visits Disneyland yearly (and has held an AP since 2006), I've always passed on Fantasmic at WDW because I want to experience the unique strengths of WDW as opposed to seeing a clone that is missing some of the best elements of the show I enjoy so much.

I definately like Fantasmic at at DL, much better than the one at DHS. The ability to use to the boats from the Rivers of America (i.e., Mark Twain and Columbia) make the show much more impressive. I remember thinking the WDW finale was so small compared to the Mark Twain finale at DLR and the Peter Pan sequence at DLR is one of my favorites.

If you've never seen the one at WDW, it's worth seeing it once, but having said that, I saw it once and crossed it off the list of things to do at WDW.

That's a good point Figment, WDW's is more of a 'do it once' kinda thing while DLR's you could do over and over. I wish they would update WDW's and make it more like a clone of the original. I also think a Murphy would look amazing on WDW's stage. Especially since the dragon sequence is A LOT longer, meaning she'd get much more stage time.

HAnds down, DL's is a better show...

BUT, the seating experience at WDW is so much nicer to deal with.

I have seen both shows and by far DL F! is way better than DHS F!. The two shows have something that the other one doesn't have. The music is the same, but there are a few different scenes they use in each show. After seeing the F! show at DL so many times than at DHS, I am so used to each scene for the DL F!. It would be nice to see DHS F! get an upgrade just like DL F!.

DL F!: Boats (Columbia and Mark Twain), Peter Pan scene on the Columbia & Tic-Tock the Croc float. All the different characters on the Mark Twain which you can see all in different spots on the boat. I think they have more characters on the Mark Twain than the Steam Boat Willie at DHS. Flotsam & Jetsam jet ski. And of course Murphy the Dragon.

DHS F!: The stage sitting area is great since you don't have to sit on the ground for the DL version. It is nice to sit on a bench waiting for the show than sitting on the ground. The scene with Malificent & Mickey is way longer than the DL version.

Even though I'm more of a WDW gal, I totally had to vote for DL. There's just something extra magical about the show transforming the day's landscape and boats into the story.

I do like being able to sit in an arena at WDW... and I'd rather see WDW Fantasmic than none at all.

(actually, I'm curious to see the Tokyo DisneySea version of Fantasmic that starts next yr...)

I once saw Fantasmic at Disneyland with some WDW cast members. They knew the show like the back of their hand given the many similarities the two shows share. However, their jaws dropped and cameras came flying out when the Peter Pan segment (nowhere to be found at WDW) began and again when Murphy showed up.

I've been to WDW twice since 2006 and can't bring myself to watch their Fantasmic because I don't like Peter Pan being replaced by Pocahantas. I did see their "finale" on the in room WDW channel and laughed. At least on the TV screen, their riverboat paled in comparison to the mighty Mark Twain. I hope it looks a lot better in person.

Now, that said, to someone who has never been to Disneyland, I would wholeheartedly recommend seeing the WDW show. Now as someone who visits Disneyland yearly (and has held an AP since 2006), I've always passed on Fantasmic at WDW because I want to experience the unique strengths of WDW as opposed to seeing a clone that is missing some of the best elements of the show I enjoy so much.

Completely agree with everything said here.
I have seen both versions several times and DL wins in a TKO.

DL's is much better, but I wish we had seating like at DHS.

No bias on this pole, wonder if the results would reverse on the other side of the DIS.

DHS, really like the ampitheater for viewing but waiting in them is not comfortable. Huge viewing area does not alleviate crowding.

DL, show elements are much better. Much like DL has over most of WDW.

skiingfast, I was wondering the same thing, but I wasn't sure if there was a more universal place to post this poll.

On a side note, I just want to say thank you to all you guys for the great comments and feedback. I'm very new here and it's nice to see a board where there are so many laid back and cool people to chat with and have a level headed discussion.

Back to the discussion, BelleBway - That's exactly what I loved about the show...during the day, the "stage" is just part of the park where you can play, but at night, it transforms into this amazing show right before your eyes. I love it. I can't wait to go back and see it again and I'm going to wait until Murphy is back to see it again :)

skiingfast, I was wondering the same thing, but I wasn't sure if there was a more universal place to post this poll.

There really isn't a neutral ground so don't worry about finding it.

One of the funniest things I saw was a thread on the other side where people were bagging on DCA really hard. One of the posters started a rank the US parks thread on another forum. Several of those people who claimed that DCA was horrible on this first thread noted they couldn't rank DCA because they had never been there or to DLR at all on the new thread. :rotfl:

That's sad! I honestly had low expectations going to DCA after being to all the WDW parks...and I have to say I was surprised, it's right up there in quality with the others. So what if it wasn't a hit when it first opened? People should go and experience it for themselves before they judge it. I had a GREAT time there and the wonderful thing about it is that it's only going to get better with the huge expansion they are in the middle of. I can't wait to go back after it's all done and enjoy the place again.

This is the Disneyland comunity though, i would be curioius to see the results of the same pole in the WDW community thread:confused3

No bias on this pole, wonder if the results would reverse on the other side of the DIS.

Having spent scads of time on the other forums here, I bet it would be about the same. Because it would be many of the same people. The number of people who go to WDW *and* DLR seems low to begin with, and the majority of those on the WDW parts of the board (most of the board) are WDW-only people and wouldn't be able to chip in.

This thread was just really helpful to me. I'm not a big Fantasmic fan to begin with, and wasn't really planning on seeing it at WDW, but there was still an option open. But knowing that the Mickey and Malificient (sp?) part is *longer* at WDW pretty much closed the door. Just not big on those parts of the DL show!

You can see how much longer the Mickey and Malificient scene is here if you watch the following video from 5:27 - 8:30. I think it goes on WAY too long. The only thing I like about WDW's version here is when Mickey encases the dragon with fountains. Other than that, the build up is kinda anti-climatic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEV8MWab38o

Also, I'm sorry if I changed your mind to see Fantasmic! I think it's a wonderful show in both venue, it wasn't my point to deter anyone from seeing it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter