What's open during Epcot Eve EMH?

kayteekt

DIS Veteran
Ok, so I'm awfully confused...we've been to Epcot on regular nights...not even EMH where nearly everything in FW is closed. I can't remember if it was our Christmas '16 trip or summer trip of this year, we were in Epcot, thought we'd do Soarin, Figment, LwtL, Nemo etc... Everything was closed except for Soarin.

Staying at BCV next month and thought maybe we'd do an epcot dinner and some of the attractions on an EMH night. Specifically figment, 3d shows and seas pavillion.

When I google it, everything I find (including easywdw and touringplans) says all of those attractions are open for evening EMH. However, I know our personal experience was different.

Anyone know the definitive answer?

I don't know what those two websites are showing, but both are usually reliable because both also have access to "The HUB". Below is what "The HUB" lists as open during PM EMH hours. Not all items are available for the entire two hours.

Mission: SPACE
Extra Magic Hours
9:00PM-11:00PM

Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival
Extra Magic Hours

Meet Disney Pals at the Epcot Character Spot
Extra Magic Hours
9:00PM-10:45PM

Gran Fiesta Tour
Extra Magic Hours

Meet Baymax
Extra Magic Hours

Meet Joy & Sadness
Extra Magic Hours

Journey Into Imagination With Figment
Extra Magic Hours

O Canada!
Extra Magic Hours
9:00PM-10:55PM

Advanced Training Lab
Extra Magic Hours

Turtle Talk With Crush
Extra Magic Hours
9:00PM-9:40PM

The Circle of Life
Extra Magic Hours

The Seas with Nemo & Friends
Extra Magic Hours

SeaBase
Extra Magic Hours

Soarin'
Extra Magic Hours

Test Track SIMporium
Extra Magic Hours

Meet Anna and Elsa at Royal Sommerhus
Extra Magic Hours

Frozen Ever After
Extra Magic Hours

Living with the Land
Extra Magic Hours

SeaBase
Extra Magic Hours

Spaceship Earth
Extra Magic Hours

Test Track
Extra Magic Hours

The American Adventure
Extra Magic Hours
9:45PM-10:20PM

Thanks @FastPasser. I do know those sites are normally right on...i was just confused because of our personal experience.

We will give it a shot next month when we're there :)

One other thing to note is that the Food and Wine kiosks will close at 9 pm or regular park closing time. That always messes me up. They should be open!
This! I walked out of The American Experience with a stale buzz and found everything closed. How sad for me. That's was a long walk to Future World.

This! I walked out of The American Experience with a stale buzz and found everything closed. How sad for me. That's was a long walk to Future World.
Oh man. Do they even close the regular food & drink booths at 9pm? That's definitely information that I need to know!

I think so. There was one trip I was debating on getting Yorkshire Fish & Chips right before Illuminations. By the time the first burst of fireworks went off they were closed. No fish for me!

I've never done extra hours at Epcot at night because I would think it would be too busy with such a small amount of rides. I'm thinking next trip I'll try this since I'll be on the monorail line. Looking forward to trying something new.

I refer you to past #2 which is the list of attractions that are operating during EMH hours. I often leave during EMH hours and I wouldn't characterize it as busy.
I did see that, but what I mean is a lot of people flock to the sites with the extra magic hours and the "rides" not shows can get some good lines.

I've never done extra hours at Epcot at night because I would think it would be too busy with such a small amount of rides.

Last week was BUSY at WDW but EMH at EPCOT was DEAD except FEA. All the open FW stuff was walk on. Baymax, Inside Out, and Character Spot were 10 minute waits.

Even with walk ons, we FP'd Mission Space at 8:40 and could only do TT, Baymax, Joy, Sadness, Character Spot, and Soarin' by 11. Those EPCOT rides are time vacuums.

Last edited:
I LOVE to tour the Showcase Countries during PM EMH-has a totally different vibe that regular hours.:)

We watch ROE in the Italy/AA/Japan area and start PM EMH there to avoid the crowds heading for Maingate and IG exits.:)

We were very disappointed on our last trip with the Epcot EMH; we purposely went to enjoy touring the countries, doing a little shopping, etc. All of the shops in the countries were closed as were most of the food choices. We ended up eating at the quick-service counter in Mexico because it was the only option. It's great if you want to do rides, but they really should keep the countries open too.

Last week was BUSY at WDW but EMH at EPCOT was DEAD except FEA. All the open FW stuff was walk on. Baymax, Inside Out, and Character Spot were 10 minute waits.

Even with walk ons, we FP'd Mission Space at 8:40 and could only do TT, Baymax, Joy, Sadness, Character Spot, and Soarin' by 11. Those EPCOT rides are time vacuums.
Well when I go back in April I'll look forward to the extra magic hours. I'll have half a day on Sat to sleep in, so I'll be trying to maximize my time. Thank you.

I keep seeing conflicting info (including within this thread) about the WS during evening EMH. Some say it's great to tour at night, others say most things close. Does anyone have any recent experiences? I'd love to use the late night to keep snacking/drinking/shopping, but if most things will be closed I'll switch EP to a less crowded day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter